Mass Effect: Unification (build 40316/06) (R6 RELEASED)

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

MileHighGuy
Jedi
Jedi

Re: Mass Effect: Unification (build 10602/05) ("LEVOLUTION"!

Post by MileHighGuy »

AHHH! You HAVE to put this in. It would also be amazing in a campaign map!
willinator
Major
Major
Projects :: [Coming of the Sentinels]
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 Minecraft Halo
xbox live or psn: PC pwns all!

Post by willinator »

Marth, you never cease to amaze me! However, I notice that once the breach is "sealed," you can walk out a little and see the other parts of the map. Maybe there could be a blast shield or something that closes like in Dead Space, or something, idk. What you've done is incredible, I'm just suggesting a way to make it more believable. :thumbs:
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

MileHighGuy wrote:AHHH! You HAVE to put this in.
Now that I know that all of the mechanics work and are feasible in-game, I'll begin to improve upon it and fully implement it. ;)
willinator wrote:Marth, you never cease to amaze me! However, I notice that once the breach is "sealed," you can walk out a little and see the other parts of the map. Maybe there could be a blast shield or something that closes like in Dead Space, or something, idk. What you've done is incredible, I'm just suggesting a way to make it more believable. :thumbs:
Thanks! Yeah, the art is only temporary; I plan on modeling the walls of the ship and whatnot (or just encasing that part of the map with the Tantive IV ship model lol).
MileHighGuy
Jedi
Jedi

Post by MileHighGuy »

Here's another space idea: animate the corridors in ZE so they rotate slowly in circles (like a wheel). This could simulate the loss or malfunction of the gravity generator. It wouldn't work well with ai, and it might be hard to do with multiple objects, but it would look cool. It would be like that scene in star trek.
Locutus
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: Stargate Battlefront Pegasus

Post by Locutus »

Most impressive!
Even on vanilla maps playing MEU will get awesome :D
KeepAmazinn
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Skyrim
xbox live or psn: Keep Amazinn

Post by KeepAmazinn »

This is just incredible! This mod continues to innovate and inspire others in the battlefront modding community. Keep it up, this mod just keeps getting better and better.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Re: Mass Effect: Unification (build 10708/05) (OPEN BETA #2!

Post by Marth8880 »

Another open beta?! Build 10708/05?! New geth textures?! Sudden chest-burst due to overcoming appropriateness!

OPEN BETA #2

Yep! That's right! Among many other updates, most of the geth have brand new textures! Not only that, but you can download and play it right now in the open beta! But why have I decided to release another open beta? I still need feedback, and seeing as how I got a decent amount of feedback from the previous open beta, I've decided to let everyone give things a shot and debug the mod for yourselves! (Again!)

View Build Manifest
View R5 Change Log

To install the patch, view or download the build manifest by following the link above; the build manifest contains everything you need to know about this build. As soon as you have the build manifest open, next to "File Path," follow the link "Patch Version (R4-R5) (MediaFire)" to download the R5 production patch setup file.

If you do decide to play the open beta, I implore you to not just pass up any bugs you encounter as things that "somebody else reported/will probably report," but instead take the 5-10 minutes to report the bugs. It's easy, it doesn't take very much time, and it will help improve the mod. Don't feel obligated to report things, but keep in mind the simple fact that the quality of the mod is largely based on the bugs that are and are not reported.

Report a Bug

_________________________________________________________________________________

EVOLVED GETH

If you don't already know, you're probably wondering what this new 'Evolved Geth' faction is, and the answer is... more geth! That's right, more geth - this time they're evolved - and at the moment the faction can fight the Collectors or the Heretic Geth. The Heretic Geth are basically the old Geth faction. Why would geth fight each other, you might ask? As you may or may not know, in the Mass Effect lore, the geth branched into two separate groups: geth who worship the Reapers (or "Old Machines" in geth terms) and attack those who pass beyond or travel near the Perseus Veil, and geth who fight the Reapers and choose to ally themselves with the Systems Alliance and other "good guys."

The Evolved Geth faction is mostly based on the playable Geth classes in Mass Effect 3's Multiplayer mode; the list of Evolved Geth classes in MEU are as follows (classes based on playable ME3 MP are marked with an *asterisk, and classes based on ME3 versions of enemies are italicized):
  • * Geth Trooper
  • * Geth Infiltrator
  • Geth Rocket Trooper
  • * Geth Engineer
  • Geth Hunter
  • Geth Pyro
  • * Geth Juggernaut
  • Geth Prime (Hero)
If you want to jump right in and play as or against the Evolved Geth, open up the Configuration Utility and change the Faction Combination from "Random" to "Evolved Geth vs. Collectors" or "Evolved Geth vs. Heretic Geth."
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Doing this open beta thing has resulted in a 500% increase in beta testers, and 200% increase in feedback.

Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

Heho, sounds about right...

Evolved Geth Juggernaut's Hex Barrier! :)
Hidden/Spoiler:
Reference:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Also, with the suggestion (and some help) from AQT, I applied an environment map to all of the walkways, platforms and ramps on Virmire! :)
Hidden/Spoiler:
The Nasal Abyss
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: Currently Working on an Indie Game
Games I'm Playing :: Splatoon 2
xbox live or psn: Stm: Tight Verbage

Post by The Nasal Abyss »

Those environment maps look very similar to the ones that I put on the walkways in Training Installation. You just swapped out the default texture "squares" with skybox squares, did you not? I've always really liked that look! People always underestimate the applications and powers of cube maps! I'm surprised that Pandemic didn't use them more often!
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

I actually used the one found here: http://www.vfxpedia.com/images/F6-examp ... lcross.png

And yeah, I really wish Pandemic used more environment maps. They're all over the freakin' place in Mass Effect and it looks great. :)
Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: The Sith Wars II

Post by Kingpin »

Marth8880 wrote:I actually used the one found here: http://www.vfxpedia.com/images/F6-examp ... lcross.png

And yeah, I really wish Pandemic used more environment maps. They're all over the freakin' place in Mass Effect and it looks great. :)
Totally agree. Reflection Mapping looks great, and I really wish that I saw it used, especially in maps like Utapau ;)
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Re: Mass Effect: Unification (build 10708/05) (POLL!)

Post by Marth8880 »

Hey guys! I need some community feedback regarding what everyone's speaker configuration is, so I created this poll to assist in my finding out.

Please choose your answer in the poll below.

http://vote.pollcode.com/82133497

If you don't know what your speaker configuration is, please let me know here before voting for "I don't know! D:" so I can help you figure it out. ;)
Dreadnot9
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer
Projects :: Rising Conflict CW v2.0
Games I'm Playing :: Skyrim TF2 FTL
xbox live or psn: Steam is Dreadnot9

Post by Dreadnot9 »

Played the most recent beta today and noticed that on Venus I couldn't spawn as either team.

For clarification, the game mode was conquest, and it was Systems Alliance versus Heretic Geth. The team selection screens appeared alright, but I could not spawn as either.
JimmyAngler
High General
High General
Projects :: Battlefront Halation
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF 1-2-2015
xbox live or psn: none

Post by JimmyAngler »

exactly right, I have the same problem.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

The Sol maps only support R4 at the moment. See here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-mass-effe ... l-map-pack
Dreadnot9
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer
Projects :: Rising Conflict CW v2.0
Games I'm Playing :: Skyrim TF2 FTL
xbox live or psn: Steam is Dreadnot9

Post by Dreadnot9 »

Marth8880 wrote:The Sol maps only support R4 at the moment. See here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-mass-effe ... l-map-pack
That makes sense, also good work on the scripted event(s) on the Tantive IV. once you get the outside of the ship modeled it'll be very cool.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Re: Mass Effect: Unification (build 10918/05)

Post by Marth8880 »

Throwback Thursday! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvMkmtu ... BvmIBD9-vW

(More like Throw-up Thursday...)
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: Empire Rising
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF Doom FONV
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Mass Effect: Unification (build 10918/05)

Post by TWINKEYRUNAWAY »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sGRNxtearI
Here is some R5 footage incase anyones interested in some never before seen features.

@Marth, Dat Throuwback though
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Re: Mass Effect: Unification (build 20118/06)

Post by Marth8880 »

Hey guys. I thought I'd update you all on what I've been doing over the past three months. Here's one small part of what I've gotten done in my spare time in the middle of school.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Design blueprint: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cgxq2snzemncm ... -draft.jpg

As it turns out, I'm unfortunately apparently unable to move the minimap (using Anakin's HUD implementation workaround) so its position on the design blueprint will have to be swapped with the ticket counter elements.

Comments / questions?