Mass Effect: Unification (build 40316/06) (R6 RELEASED)

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Re: Mass Effect: Unification (build 20626/06) (OPEN BETA!)

Post by Anakin »

Wow that's awesome. Have you made it with a custom script or have you rebuild the stock files and replaced them??
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Re: Mass Effect: Unification (build 30113/06) (OPEN BETA!)

Post by Marth8880 »

Finally made significant progress on the Scion model. All that remains in terms of modeling is finishing the inside of the arm cannon, adding the tube and light on the back of the large sac, and probably some general poly cleanup and the like.

Hidden/Spoiler:
Also, we've made our Trello board public! That means you can track our progress on the project, as well as vote on features, maps, factions, units, and vehicles that you'd most like to see in future updates.

Click here to go to the board!

Trello? What's that?

For the uninformed, Trello is a web-based project-management application used by thousands of game developers, software engineers, businesses, and many others, all around the world. Projects are represented by boards, which contain lists (corresponding to task lists), which contain cards (corresponding to tasks). In our case, each card represents a varying amount of work towards implementing a mid-to-high level feature, a bug fix, or improvement in the mod.
jomhar97
Recruit Womprat Killer
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by jomhar97 »

Are Samara and Jack in the R5 version? In the future, are Liara, Garrus, Tali, and or Ashley going to be possible heroes?
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

jomhar97 wrote:Are Samara and Jack in the R5 version?
Nope. The only heroes in R5 are all six Shepard classes, Harbinger, the Geth Prime from ME2, and the Geth Prime from ME3.
jomhar97 wrote:In the future, are Liara, Garrus, Tali, and or Ashley going to be possible heroes?
We'll have to see about the first three. Ashley, though? Probably eventually.
jomhar97
Recruit Womprat Killer

Post by jomhar97 »

Some thoughts or questions I have:

1.) Shouldn't the adept class have warp ammo?

2.) Also I think the Alliance soldier should just have a regular stock M-23 Katana(no special ammo) because I feel him to be a tad OP for such a basic unit. The M-23 Katana (Incendiary) in my opinion should be reserved for the vanguard.

3.) What is carnage mode? I have it enabled in the config.

4.) Will siege mode be implemented for all maps in the future? I found that mode to be very enjoyable.

5.) Is it possible for the soldier variant of Shepard have an assault rifle to replace the Revenant, like the N-7 Typhoon, N-7 Valkyrie, M-7 Lancer, and others.

6.) Assault drone for Alliance Engineer to replace medi-gel? I feel that the medi-gel ability is a bit overused, and I think it would be beneficial if the mentioned class had more tech abilities like in the actual ME games.

7.) Sentinel with armor detonation ability(like nova) to replace medi-gel.

Thanks for such an awesome mod!! Keep it up!! :mrgreen:
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

jomhar97 wrote:1.) Shouldn't the adept class have warp ammo?
I can't remember why we don't have it currently, but we're still considering it. I think one of our reasons is because of our inability to make it function closely enough to the way it does in ME2 or ME3 (since in MEU, there's no actual difference between "shields" and "barriers," which there's no way around, sadly). Although I suppose we *could* simply have it be a global damage bonus with an additional slight damage bonus against shields/"barriers". Hmm, we'll have to see...
jomhar97 wrote:2.) Also I think the Alliance soldier should just have a regular stock M-23 Katana(no special ammo) because I feel him to be a tad OP for such a basic unit. The M-23 Katana (Incendiary) in my opinion should be reserved for the vanguard.
The issue is then it wouldn't make sense for the unit to have an Avenger with disruptor ammo, so it's basically either both weapons have some ammo power, or neither have any. And we don't necessarily want to give the Katana disruptor ammo because it's already significantly effective versus shields.
jomhar97 wrote:3.) What is carnage mode? I have it enabled in the config.
Carnage mode information: http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-mass-effe ... ws/r3-news
jomhar97 wrote:4.) Will siege mode be implemented for all maps in the future? I found that mode to be very enjoyable.
Glad to hear you like it! :)

Siege mode is primarily designed for maps with a large number of CPs (>4), so no, not all, but there's a chance we'll add it to more maps in the future.
jomhar97 wrote:5.) Is it possible for the soldier variant of Shepard have an assault rifle to replace the Revenant, like the N-7 Typhoon, N-7 Valkyrie, M-7 Lancer, and others.
Maybe sometime in the future when we have more weapon models. ;)
jomhar97 wrote:6.) Assault drone for Alliance Engineer to replace medi-gel? I feel that the medi-gel ability is a bit overused, and I think it would be beneficial if the mentioned class had more tech abilities like in the actual ME games.
We've re-implemented the Combat Drone as of R6. See here: https://trello.com/c/wtApgjqL/4-design- ... bat-drones

re: medi-gel overuse: Perhaps. Depends on the potential shifts in balance.
jomhar97 wrote:7.) Sentinel with armor detonation ability(like nova) to replace medi-gel.
Probably not, simply due to the lack of our ability to make the tech armor itself disappear visually from the Sentinel's armor (since it's part of the mesh itself). Yes, there technically is a way to change a unit's mesh during runtime, but the changes aren't applied until the unit respawns. :(
jomhar97
Recruit Womprat Killer

Post by jomhar97 »

I have the 3rd R6 beta installed, but the Alliance Engineer and Engineer Shepard still don't have their combat drone ability even when the change log explicitly stated that they were re-implemented. What is going on?
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

Oh, what I meant was that it's been implemented as of the most current build on our end. The most recent public build is 20626/06, as opposed to our current version, 30116/06. On that thought, we'll probably release the next open beta (or just R6 altogether) by the end of March.
jomhar97
Recruit Womprat Killer

Post by jomhar97 »

Marth8880 wrote:Oh, what I meant was that it's been implemented as of the most current build on our end. The most recent public build is 20626/06, as opposed to our current version, 30116/06. On that thought, we'll probably release the next open beta (or just R6 altogether) by the end of March.
Oh I see. Thanks for the clarification!

EDIT
Will this mod conflict with dark times?

Double posting is against the RULES; please EDIT your post instead -Staff
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

jomhar97 wrote:Will this mod conflict with dark times?
All previous released builds up to the the latest released build of the mod are all compatible with mods like Dark Times, and it will most definitely remain like this.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Re: Mass Effect: Unification (build 30121/06) (OPEN BETA!)

Post by Marth8880 »

Streaming development session of ‬ R6 now on Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/marth8880

As with last night, tonight we're going to continue prototyping a viable combat system for future single-player campaign maps!
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Re: Mass Effect: Unification (build 20202/06)

Post by Anakin »

Marth8880 wrote:Anakin: Due to the way displaying the minimap texture is handled, it can't be "erased and replaced" in the way that virtually everything else can. If you do find a workaround, though, let me know! The top-right corner is the absolute worst place for a minimap! Agh! Classic Pandemic...

[...]
http://www.gametoast.com/viewtopic.php? ... 09#p520963

good luck with rearrange your minimap ;)
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

Streaming development session of R6 now on Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/marth8880

Tonight we're preparing our new campaign map, Europa: Vostok Station, for beta! Includes level design, combat design, and cinematic design!
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

How comes, that i never see something on twitch??
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

What do you mean?
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

every time i klick the link it's a black screen with twitch logo and that's all.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

You're not on mobile, are you? Do other twitch channels stream properly for you?

If you're on mobile, are you using the twitch app or a browser?
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

Desktop. I use Edge. Never heard about twitch, so I don't know whether other channels work or not.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

Streaming development session of R6 now on Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/marth8880

Tonight we're preparing our new campaign map, Europa: Vostok Station, for beta! Includes level design, combat design, and cinematic design!

@Anakin: I'm not sure why it wouldn't work for you, then. Have you tried using Chrome?
RedHardcore
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Games I'm Playing :: StarWarsBattlefront2

Post by RedHardcore »

Marth8880 wrote:Streaming development session of R6 now on Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/marth8880

@Anakin: I'm not sure why it wouldn't work for you, then. Have you tried using Chrome?
I would like to play the Mass Effect era on GAB's Kothlis: Sea Haven 2.0. Could this be something to consider with GAB?