The Battlefront 3 Mod [PROJECT CANELED 6/11/2013]

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

What planets would you like to see in BF3?

Abregado-rae
6%
Alderaan
13%
Bothawui
8%
Cato Neimoidia
19%
Corellia
10%
Ilum
7%
Nal Hutta
8%
Ryloth
12%
Saleucami
10%
Thyferra
7%

Total votes: 226
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Re: [WIP] The Battlefront 3 Mod [Update 11/3/11]

Post by THEWULFMAN »

zephyr wrote:Will the combat system be the same? (I wouldn't mind it being the same, the current system is pretty good).
It shall be the new system MetalCoreRancor and I developed, the same one that's in my TCW mod. I can't stand lightsaber combat any other way.
zephyr wrote:Will there be new force powers besides the stock choke, push, etc?
Yes.

_=XL=_Danny wrote:WULFMAN i just wanted to show you this, the increase in the demand of star wars battlfront 3 made a person in the world take it upon himself too make it. So far it is looking great, i was wondering maybe you could help him in his project with modeling and stuuf like that?

Link:http://unofficialbattlefront3.blogspot.com/

Please do not advertise on my threads, thank you.
DarthD.U.C.K. wrote:hes usíng the unreal engine and since hes only one person i doubt he will be able to create all the content. he seems to have done a good job with the basic interface and gamemode. this game/mod should probably discussed in the game section not this thread though.
I concur. :plokoon:

I saw this project like 3 months ago. I don't have anything against itt, I support it. I think he's going about it the wrong way, but it's his project. I have enough with two large mods, leading a mod team, dealing with real life, and all that noise. May the force be with him.
zephyr wrote:Although it's amazing that the guy is making a whole game, WULFMAN is undoubtedly too busy to help him.

Yes he has done a good job, but he's using an existing engine. UDK is good for budding game developers. It's not like he started from scratch. Not to say he isn't doing great as it is, it just should be clear he did not make it all by himself.
zephyr
Recruit Womprat Killer

Post by zephyr »

Sorry to bug you but where is that system's details found?

I want to read over it.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

zephyr wrote:Sorry to bug you but where is that system's details found?

I want to read over it.

You can find out more about that system HERE.
JAWSFreelao
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Projects :: Band
Games I'm Playing :: Halo
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by JAWSFreelao »

So Cato Neomodia is going in? How will you get an actually decent photosource?
zephyr
Recruit Womprat Killer

Post by zephyr »

Thanks for the link.

Here's some balance things I want to talk about:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Lightning

As you probably know, lightning has balance issues (stock version). It's a slow killer that doesn't even stun people so it's useless.

Ways to balance:

1. Increase damage dramatically - 1/6 per lightning stream rather than like 1/16 of the stock.

2. Create a charge up. - I think this is what you're doing from what you've written. I like how BFX did it: no charge = simple "stun" with barely any damage. High charge = kill on regular units. On heroes I think it should do 3/4 damage or so, one hit kill on a hero is way bad balance.

If this ever gets made for multiplayer, I could just imagine the new force pull being this.

3. Increase range and damage - Damage should be about 1/8 and the range should be longer. (Stock force push range)

4. Increase damage and add stun effect. - Maybe about 10 hits to kill, with a stun effect on each one.

By stun effect I mean not a full knock down but that stun that happens when someone hits you once with a lightsaber (not the full combo hit which knocks down, but the first of a regular attack. It makes the hero sort of "bow".)

This stun effect also makes people who are jumping just fall straight down, they can't continue jumping. I don't know how, but BFX did it.

Also I would only recommend one of these, my favorite being charge up.

If you do charge up, the bolts should be thick and powerful.

BTW: Is there a way to increase damage to droids with lightning? That would be useful.

Lastly, I think if you can make it deflectable (new word lol), that would be AWESOME. It would mean you can't just spam lightning to win, you have to make sure they aren't blocking.

Also if you can code it so that a fully-charged lightning gets through block, it would be boss. :vader2:

Force push

I like how it is in BFX, with a few tweaks. IMO, non-charged off the bat pushes should be slightly less powerful than stock, rather than worthless.

Secondly, fully charged pushes should not be omni-directional, and definitely shouldn't do as much damage as they do in BFX.

I think force repulse would be good, (I think it's called Maelstrom in force unleashed, of course you can't do the floating people :D )

Force pull

Controversial topic here: I think it should be the same as force push. No range difference. The game was broken when the stupids in SWBF2 dev decided to make pull longer range than push and more effective, creating the dreaded "pull noobs". Yeah I know the devs aren't stupid but whoever thought up pull was on drugs that charlie sheen couldn't handle.

Choke

What's with it going through block in stock heroes? Another drug-induced force power.

Choke is always the same in all mods, which gets boring.

If you can make it lift the guy off the ground and increase the damage on it, that'd be great. Currently choke is only useful for breaking someone's block (remove the block break through to fix that), and for holding someone in place for your attack.

IMO, it's more of an offensive force power than a thumbtack.

Saber throw

Hmm, how about half the hero's life rather than 1/3? 1/3 means you need to throw two, potentially three times to kill someone.

Just a thought.

Suggestions for force powers

Force crush.

Mav created a cool idea and in my opinion destroyed it -.-

Not only was the time required for force crush to charge up making me sleepy :sleep:

It was also really weak and frankly looked dumb.

In my opinion, the rocks shouldn't show until the force power is completely charged, and should simply fly out of nowhere and hit the target, rather than showing their ugly faces for a while before launching at the opponent.

Also, this shouldn't be a chargeable force power in the sense of holding the rocks in place until you find someone and release the mouse. I think this force power needs to just go as soon as it's done charging.

Force kill:

Really bad idea. I mean seriously, force KILL? WUT.

Force rend:

Was cool for saber fights (if you haven't played DT2, you can watch the video demonstrating it). Force rend should not be able to be blocked, since it's so powerful, but shouldn't take much health and shouldn't knock the guy out, just push him back.

Burst of speed:

Kind of cool but what's the point? Sprint is your friend. Unless you find a way to make it useful, such as breaking through blocks or inflicting more damage or even increasing saber fight animation speed, it's useless and looks weird (seriously, the guy is just sliding around on the ground with his feet standing there doing nothing).

Force heal:

I like the idea of KOTOR's force heal: immediate block of health returned rather than a painfully slow regen. It should have a decent range and return about 1/4 health while taking 75% of your stamina bar.

Force poison (forgot what it's called):

Cool idea, but it needs to have a good speed of kill. This thing literally kills as slow as leia's health regen heals.

Force... aqua ball thingy:

Kit fisto has this in conversion pack, it's really dang awesome: finally a ranged force power.

I like that it has a stun effect, and has a good speed/range. It was perfectly balanced in the conversion pack.

Force wave:

I absolutely love how the ultimate battlefront: the clone wars did this. LOVE IT. It's a charge-type force power that emits a very long range "wave tunnel thing" that causes 1/3 health damage and knocks people back very far.

The fx used on it in the ultimate battlefront was beautiful. Anyways I like it because it's a version of force push that is more focused on one target (although it goes through targets, so lined up people will get you a double hit), and has a very long range. The wave goes for a while, allowing you to fight from a whole new level.

Deflecting: I think this should be one of the force powers that comes back at you if it's blocked. No careless spamming!

Other ideas that are not in other mods:

Is there a way to make lightning come down from the sky in answer to a force command thing? If so that'd be cool, I'd call it force storm (some people call lightning force storm but whatever).

Laser beam

Would be cool to have an award sniper rifle-type laser beam emit when this button is pressed. Not a real force power though, but for me I don't really care since it's cool and not too far out. But it's your mod, so I'm simply putting it out there :)

Force earthquake:

Sends out a shockwave from you, and anyone in the region falls to the ground with only like 1/8 health removed. This does break through block, simply because once you do it your stamina bar is -50. (not a very big region in area, but it's a 360 degree force power and goes about as far as the magna guard's neuro poison)

I'm out of creativity :O

Please note that all these are merely suggestions as it's your mod, but I know balance when I see it, and I think these would be pretty balanced if mixed appropriately.

One major thing is that AI should not be able to spam force powers -.-

Dark times was ruined by AI spammers that do force rend every 20 seconds and force push every 5.
Phew, long post.

Please be courteous to others by using Hide tags with large walls of text/code. -Staff

Oh my god, I almost deleted all of this post, accidentally clicked cancel, but thankfully pressing back saved it. I would have quit battlefront for a while :)

Edit: I suggest this for both clone wars and battlefront 3 mods, but I don't know what specific criteria of realism you need for either of them.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

First and foremost, (and this goes for everyone), except for a few people, I don't want your advice. While I appreciate support, I don't want people giving me suggestions. If I happen to do something like the suggestion, then I'm expected to give credit to them. I want to succed or fail when it comes to my sides on my own, not with anyone's help.

Secondly, there's no reason to insult Mav's work, and certainly not on my thread. If you don't like his work, fine, but don't say so in a public forum (one he's a staff member of), and definitely not in my work in progress thread.

Finally, I can't do a ton 100% on my own, but I can make sides. I'm fairly confident in my abilities to make a balanced side (and to Mav, no I'm not talking about that The Clone Wars atrocity I called a mod. You'll be glad to know I changed how I do this quite drastically).

So in final, I request that people don't get insulted when I say this. You may have the best idea in the world, and I wouldn't want it. I want my own work put into it, not someone else's.

Thanks for the support. Peace.
Dorin
Private
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Star Wars

Post by Dorin »

Wow, I'm suprised he said Maveritchell's powers were stupid. And throughout the work he did, it turned out actually pretty cool. And keep it up on the BF3 mod WULFMAN, its going great so far and it always will be. :thumbs:
Noobasaurus
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by Noobasaurus »

Dorin wrote:Wow, I'm suprised he said Maveritchell's powers were stupid.
Hey, even though those rocks might not have killed every time, they were AWESOME.
Dorin
Private
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Star Wars

Post by Dorin »

I didn't mean they were stupid, I meant they were epic, if you ment it was zep, then ok.
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Designated Days + LFC + GT vs SWBFC
Games I'm Playing :: FO3 + FO New Vegas
xbox live or psn: Master Revan

Post by RevanSithLord »

Moving back to the topic of the thread, all I will say at this point to you Wulf is: Keep up the great work. I'm here 100% for support in-case you need it. The quality of work being put into this is quite amazing I have to say and I am definitely excited to see the final product eventually.

The whole thing with the civvies, the effects, the animations...I don't know which I am excited more for.

The things you're doing in this mod, from what I've seen, are things Pandemic should have done in the first place, in my honest opinion. Again, great work, keep up the great work (obviously at your own pace, of course. :P). It must be hard trying to concentrate on working on your projects when you have tons of things that you have to deal with...I definitely know that feeling from experience, unless I am mistaken?
ShadowWing
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Projects :: I will start modding when I get time.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBFII

Post by ShadowWing »

THEWULFMAN wrote:
zephyr wrote:Will the combat system be the same? (I wouldn't mind it being the same, the current system is pretty good).
It shall be the new system MetalCoreRancor and I developed, the same one that's in my TCW mod. I can't stand lightsaber combat any other way.
What exactly is the new system that you have developed? (e.g. How is it different from the stock system, or other combat systems such as the one in BFX?)
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

ShadowWing wrote:
THEWULFMAN wrote:
What exactly is the new system that you have developed? (e.g. How is it different from the stock system, or other combat systems such as the one in BFX?)
THEWULFMAN wrote:
zephyr wrote:Sorry to bug you but where is that system's details found?

I want to read over it.

You can find out more about that system HERE.
JAWSFreelao
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Projects :: Band
Games I'm Playing :: Halo

Post by JAWSFreelao »

Like I'm Trying To Say Too: Wulf, You always got this bro. And even if this mod goes unfinished, always know that the workload you spport never ceases to amaze me.
Back On: The Mod is going to be based off of Battlefront 3: One Problem: With the limited amount of footage, is this going to be based off of that leaked footage, or to your own sense of what It should be like?
kinetosimpetus
Imperial Systems Expert
Imperial Systems Expert
Projects :: A secret project
Games I'm Playing :: Warframe STO

Post by kinetosimpetus »

It's not based on leaked footage, it's what Wulf thinks Pandemic might have done if they'd made SWBF3 around 2008 or whatever.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

kinetosimpetus wrote:It's not based on leaked footage, it's what Wulf thinks Pandemic might have done if they'd made SWBF3 around 2006 or whatever.
Oh, so close.
-Fixed

The only thing I am doing based off of the SWBF3 footage is the camera angle, that's pretty much it. The rest is my own way of doing it, combined with how Pandemic might have done it.
Noobasaurus
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by Noobasaurus »

THEWULFMAN wrote:The only thing I am doing based off of the SWBF3 footage is the camera angle
What do you mean?
zephyr
Recruit Womprat Killer

Post by zephyr »

Okay, forget it, my post was taken wrong.

So many people have given you suggestions and you haven't turned them down, you just mentioned that it's your mod and you'll do what you want, but you said you'll put in the suggestions if you feel like it.

Suddenly we can't even make suggestions?

And you guys took the Mav thing wrong. He did an amazing job on the mod, he's a genius, bla bla bla.

I was just saying he could have done a better job on force crush (I would have done a worse job myself, but I'm no modder).

Take my critique or not, that's my opinion.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Noobasaurus wrote:
THEWULFMAN wrote:The only thing I am doing based off of the SWBF3 footage is the camera angle
What do you mean?
The 3rd person camera angle. I'm using a similar angle in my TCW and SWBF3 mods.
zephyr wrote:So many people have given you suggestions and you haven't turned them down
I at most say "Maybe, we'll see", and I have turned people down, several times.

zephyr wrote:...you just mentioned that it's your mod and you'll do what you want, but you said you'll put in the suggestions if you feel like it.

Suddenly we can't even make suggestions?
There's a difference from saying you'd like to see new death animations or new models for stormtroopers, and telling me specifically how you want me to do something. Showing me a wall of text on pretty much exactly what you want me to do is not what I had in mind. You never asked me what I was doing to fix the force balance issues and what new force powers I was going to have, you just said what you wanted to be done about it. Part of it may have been that you don't know the engine limitations, as a lot of the things you suggested can not be done. Don't take this personally, this is just me being a jerk, I know.
zephyr wrote:bla bla bla.
Noobasaurus
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by Noobasaurus »

THEWULFMAN wrote:The 3rd person camera angle. I'm using a similar angle in my TCW and SWBF3 mods.
Ah, the one where it slightly angles to one side? That sounds good. :)
Khicken
Private Second Class
Projects :: None
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 Minecraft MW3
xbox live or psn: XBOX SUCKS!!!!!

Post by Khicken »

Wulfman if you get time you should add an Umbara.

Looks good so far :thumbs: please post CW era screenshots