Tatooine Desert Sea map

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

bullettrain101
Recruit Womprat Killer
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Star Wars F.E.A.R.
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Tatooine Desert Sea map

Post by bullettrain101 »

I've always wanted to make Queen Amidalas ship a war zone when they landed it in the Dune Sea during the Phantom Menace. I am happy to say that it only took me three days to figure out how to do it! Introducing Tatooin Desert Sea; A sprawling desert sea where two unlikely armies clash.
GCW:During the Bonta Eve podrace, Obi Wan Kenobi noticed a homestead not to far from where The Queen of Naboos ship was. Gathering a group of guards, he intended to see if they could help, only to come under fire from both them and the indigenous population of Tatooine. Regrouping with the rest of the RNSF, Kenobi assisted the guards in a brutal fight between them, a tribe of Tuskens, a convoy of Jawas, defensive farmers and many more dangers in the Dune Sea.

CW:After Anakin Skywalker returned Jabba the Hutts missing son, he and a squad of clones went into the Dune Sea to hunt down Count Dooku, who was presumed to be stranded there. Dooku, sensing that he was being hunted, and still miles away from his ship, used an ancient Sith trick to show Skywalker and the clones their future selves. The hallucination worked and the clones soon began battling with future versions of themselves while Anakin engaged in frantic duels with himself. The battlefield transformed to one of Anakins first encounters with a lightsaber as he realized he was now fighting next to his wives star ship.

This map is playable in both Conquest and Capture the Flag (2). CTF has a slightly different layout than conquest to keep things fresh. There are a few bugs, namely Naboo Tanks don't have any sound nor does their turret turn. A few classes don't have any names and, well, I guess that's it. There's a few hero bugs (you'll know what I mean when you see them) specifically for the Tatooine side (called Empire) As stated above, this mod took about three and a half days. Most of it was jsut learning how to use Zero Editor and editing .ODFs and .REQs. Feedback is welcome, I plan on updating the map once I figure out how to use BF2s tools a bit more. Happy battling!

Download
https://www.moddb.com/games/star-wars-b ... desert-sea