Battlefront III Legacy [? - Apr, 28th, 2017]

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

Isaac1138
Corporal
Corporal
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: BF1+2 stronghold
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Battlefront III Legacy [WIP 7/1 - Small Update]

Post by Isaac1138 »

Grevious speaks to Sidious https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anvVbsmZqw4
the best part 1:21-1:48
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

I have all the soundtracks, plus the promos for The Force Unleashed and Force Unleashed II if you need character music.
Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: The Sith Wars II

Post by Kingpin »

thelegend wrote: Because of force choke: Grievous doesn't use the force. In order to choke someone you have to stand right in front of him. He uses his arms (New animation) and chokes them physically. Maybe the choking animation itself needs to be replaced then.
What's the point? If you're that close to someone, you might as well just attack with the saber.
xezene
Private Second Class
Projects :: NJO
Games I'm Playing :: BF2

Post by xezene »

thelegend wrote:-His first appearance theme heard in Star Wars: Clone Wars (2003): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6afF2bASCs (My personal favourite to be honest. It just would need to be edited a bit since it was never officially released(Also used in the video I first linked in this post))

To be honest I think about the third one. But I am also interested in listening to the people and what they have to say.
Good choice with the third one I think. :)
Domino555
Private Third Class
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront II

Post by Domino555 »

xezene wrote:
thelegend wrote:-His first appearance theme heard in Star Wars: Clone Wars (2003): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6afF2bASCs (My personal favourite to be honest. It just would need to be edited a bit since it was never officially released(Also used in the video I first linked in this post))

To be honest I think about the third one. But I am also interested in listening to the people and what they have to say.
Good choice with the third one I think. :)
I totally agree. We would need a really good sound editor to get rid of the sound effects and dialogue, like Skywalker Ranch caliber.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

Domino555 wrote:I totally agree. We would need a really good sound editor to get rid of the sound effects and dialogue, like Skywalker Ranch caliber.
If you could find a 5.1 surround mix of the audio (like on Netflix or the DVDs), it'd actually probably be pretty easy.
Domino555
Private Third Class

Post by Domino555 »

Marth8880 wrote:
Domino555 wrote:I totally agree. We would need a really good sound editor to get rid of the sound effects and dialogue, like Skywalker Ranch caliber.
If you could find a 5.1 surround mix of the audio (like on Netflix or the DVDs), it'd actually probably be pretty easy.
I think I have the DVDs at my home, but I borrowed them from a friend. It will take some time to rip the audio out.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

Don't bother - the audio was stereo in that series.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

ggctuk wrote:Don't bother - the audio was stereo in that series.
Then I'm fairly certain that the Netflix version is a 5.1 mix, I remember ripping a couple sounds from it for TCW not too long ago.
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Re: Battlefront III Legacy [WIP 7/25 - CW Sides Update]

Post by thelegend »

Clone Wars Sides Update

The Clone Wars Sides (Mostly units and their weapons) have been updated during the past few days. We implemented a few new weapons to both teams as well as the newly converted Droideka. Laser textures have been changed and weapons (Rifles, Pistols...) do more damage to others now. Here's a short update log of the most changes to the sides.
Side Change Log wrote:-The texture detail has been increased
-The animations are back to stock (The ones I made were too horrible. I soon will ask kindly for someone to create a few better animations using our new basepose.msh)
-Two new grenades have been added: Thermal Imploder and Impact Grenade (Both with new meshes and configs; however the explosion effects are still the same. They might need to be changed)
-A new unit has been added to the CIS: Droideka
-The super battle droid is slower than the other droids (Except for running) but he has an advantaged armor
-The SBD can also Melee Attack others
-Sniper Rifles can only zoom once (Not twice like in the regular game)
-Shotguns are now more precise (If there was one thing I always hated when playing multiplayer then it was playing as the engineer. I kept shooting at my enemy but most of the shotgun tracers didn't hit because of its spread range. It has been reduced and now it's necessary to aim a little bit better)
-Pistols use ammo clips (Already implemented)
-Updated Common models like mines, grenades, auto turrets and power-ups (Like ammo or energy)
-Updated Laser textures
-Muzzle flash textures (Or models) need to be changed/improved (Not done yet; Don't know how to do that)
-New First Person Animations: Rifle Reload and Grenade Throw (The rifle reload sound effects still need to be matched to the reload duration)
I excluded minor changes but you should be able to notice them here in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDjHBXEtFuU

What do you think about these changes/things?
Domino555
Private Third Class

Post by Domino555 »

Marth8880 wrote:
ggctuk wrote:Don't bother - the audio was stereo in that series.
Then I'm fairly certain that the Netflix version is a 5.1 mix, I remember ripping a couple sounds from it for TCW not too long ago.
There's a Netflix version?
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

Oh, wait, I just realized that you're talking about the Tartakovsky TCW series, not the CG one lol, rip

Yeah no there's probably no way there's a 5.1 mix of that show tbh
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

Can these barrels explode when firing on them??

The droideka stand animation is not that good (just make the arms the same as while walking/firing). But you did an awesome job on converting it.
jjonthefreeway
Private Recruit
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 2

Post by jjonthefreeway »

I think all the blaster sounds need to have a deeper, stronger sound like the way they are in the free radical trailer.
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Post by thelegend »

Anakin wrote:Can these barrels explode when firing on them??

The droideka stand animation is not that good (just make the arms the same as while walking/firing). But you did an awesome job on converting it.
Yes, the barrels do explode when you keep firing on them. They can even kill you when you stand next to them.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

thelegend wrote:
Anakin wrote:Can these barrels explode when firing on them??

Yes, the barrels do explode when you keep firing on them. They can even kill you when you stand next to them.
:thumbs:
Domino555
Private Third Class

Post by Domino555 »

thelegend wrote:
Clone Wars Sides Update

The Clone Wars Sides (Mostly units and their weapons) have been updated during the past few days. We implemented a few new weapons to both teams as well as the newly converted Droideka. Laser textures have been changed and weapons (Rifles, Pistols...) do more damage to others now. Here's a short update log of the most changes to the sides.
Side Change Log wrote:-The texture detail has been increased
-The animations are back to stock (The ones I made were too horrible. I soon will ask kindly for someone to create a few better animations using our new basepose.msh)
-Two new grenades have been added: Thermal Imploder and Impact Grenade (Both with new meshes and configs; however the explosion effects are still the same. They might need to be changed)
-A new unit has been added to the CIS: Droideka
-The super battle droid is slower than the other droids (Except for running) but he has an advantaged armor
-The SBD can also Melee Attack others
-Sniper Rifles can only zoom once (Not twice like in the regular game)
-Shotguns are now more precise (If there was one thing I always hated when playing multiplayer then it was playing as the engineer. I kept shooting at my enemy but most of the shotgun tracers didn't hit because of its spread range. It has been reduced and now it's necessary to aim a little bit better)
-Pistols use ammo clips (Already implemented)
-Updated Common models like mines, grenades, auto turrets and power-ups (Like ammo or energy)
-Updated Laser textures
-Muzzle flash textures (Or models) need to be changed/improved (Not done yet; Don't know how to do that)
-New First Person Animations: Rifle Reload and Grenade Throw (The rifle reload sound effects still need to be matched to the reload duration)
I excluded minor changes but you should be able to notice them here in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDjHBXEtFuU

What do you think about these changes/things?
Can you try to modify the Thermal Imploder to give the illusion of an implosion?
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

Yeah i wanted an implode effect, too. Something about first pull into the Center and then a big BUM!!! So if you were not pulled, you are lucky, otherwise....
Domino555
Private Third Class

Post by Domino555 »

Anakin wrote:Yeah i wanted an implode effect, too. Something about first pull into the Center and then a big BUM!!! So if you were not pulled, you are lucky, otherwise....
Yeah, kind of how Starkiller Base went bye-bye in The Force Awakens, only this one would be much more compressed and would happen more quickly.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

Well, for the actual effect, the Seismic Charge effect would be a start.