Capitol ships in ground maps (FAQ)

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

Stager00

Post by Stager00 »

I have just posted some screens in the released section where Ive done this.

They are placed just like anything else(as long as the ofd's and msh's are in your directory...take them from space template).
or use the "load group" function.
Captain_Mazda

Post by Captain_Mazda »

Thank you very much, Stager. Works perfectly.
Stager00

Post by Stager00 »

No problem. I love your mod work, BTW.
Captain_Mazda

Post by Captain_Mazda »

Thank you, you'll love this...ah, the secret is out, lol.
Talibanman

Post by Talibanman »

Someone showed me a screenshot a while back of a capitol ship placed on a ground map. Does anyone know how to do this?
ahem :oops: if i remember right someone said that i owned you ;)
sorry :P couldn't resist... :D
Captain_Mazda

Post by Captain_Mazda »

Owned by a Finn - 'tis the honourable way of doing it ;)

Pidapas hauskaa, toveri!
Talibanman

Post by Talibanman »

how the... now YOU owned ME :D:D how ever did ya know i'm finnish??
EDIT: wait, let me guess, you looked at the frappr gametoast map, did you? :)
Captain_Mazda

Post by Captain_Mazda »

Magic :D
Talibanman

Post by Talibanman »

thought so. ;)
Tohron

Post by Tohron »

I've just added a Mon-Calamari cruiser to a map of that particular planet, but the game crashes. There are several things besides the adding of the capital ship that could be causing the crash, but I'm just wondering: are there any objects on the capital ship that require certain script changes to work, or need to be removed? (such as the turrent controls)
RAymo
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by RAymo »

Tohron, that was a major bump.

This topic is months old
Tohron

Post by Tohron »

RAymo wrote:Tohron, that was a major bump.

This topic is months old
This topic is in the FAQ, and I had a question relating to the topic. So do you have an answer?
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

@ Tohron -- it was okay to bump the topic for the reasons you stated. If you're running the DVD version of the game, check the FAQ for a way to produce a bfront2.log file that will shed some light on the situation.
Captain_Mazda

Post by Captain_Mazda »

Well, you should be able to just place the capitol ship. There isn't a reason within simple object placement that could cause your problems. Perhaps you're commenting something strange in your scripts. Follow Tean's advice.
Gunjak

Post by Gunjak »

well i was just testing a map, with skins and such, and i wanted a slanted capitol ship ship which you could still explore, (like the cockpit on LOST was slanted, and they went up inside it) But it crashed, i found that it was the turrets on top of the ship (CIS capitol ship) were the problem so i got rid of em and it worked fine :)
Tohron

Post by Tohron »

Gunjak wrote:well i was just testing a map, with skins and such, and i wanted a slanted capitol ship ship which you could still explore, (like the cockpit on LOST was slanted, and they went up inside it) But it crashed, i found that it was the turrets on top of the ship (CIS capitol ship) were the problem so i got rid of em and it worked fine :)
You can also add those turrents to the turrents section of your LUA file (for all game modes, that is). I tried that and it also works.