Munge Fix Problems [Solved]

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

BarbylBapkins
Private Recruit
Projects :: Thyferra
Games I'm Playing :: DST
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Munge Fix Problems [Solved]

Post by BarbylBapkins »

I downloaded the Battlefront II Munge Fix following this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmYsK9T ... EKYpByubeb, and again following this tutorial: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =mod+tools, but I don't think it's doing anything. The "munge everything" process still takes less than a second, which I hear is a sign that it's not working, and when I do the initial munge, a command prompt opens saying this:

'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program, or batch file.
***** ERROR: luac returned 1
ERROR reading processed script

I really don't know much about command prompts or anything, but it looks to me like it's trying to read the file location as the actual function of the program, which would be bad. The actual creation of the world seems to go fine, taking about the same time as it does in the tutorial video, but the world doesn't show up on the Instant Action maps list, in-game or through the ModTools.exe, so that ain't good. I don't remember having this problem when I first attempted to start modding about a year ago, so I'm guessing that I did something wrong during the installation, but I've tried reinstalling the fix 6 different times and have even completely reinstalled Battlefront II to no avail. Any help would be appreciated.
Last edited by BarbylBapkins on Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Re: Munge Fix Problems

Post by Marth8880 »

Welcome to GT!

Where did you install the mod tools to? They should be installed in the root of one of your drives, like C:\BF2_ModTools or D:\BF2_ModTools.
BarbylBapkins
Private Recruit
Projects :: Thyferra
Games I'm Playing :: DST
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Munge Fix Problems

Post by BarbylBapkins »

Thanks! I had previously been running the visualmunge program from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\addon\SWBF2_ModTools\BF2_ModTools. I just tried munging from C:\BF2_ModTools and the munge took significantly longer, and the command prompt error didn't show up.