Create a layer with new vehicles for a stock map [Solved]

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

Delta-1035
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: TOR GCWII GCW1035 BF1035
xbox live or psn: Johnny_Sciroppo

Create a layer with new vehicles for a stock map [Solved]

Post by Delta-1035 »

Hey guys,

I remember there was a topic made by Anakin asking how to change the vehicles of a stock map without rebuilding all the map and the answer was to make and load only a world layer with the new vehicles spawn points.

I'd like for someone that has made this to explain in detail how this is done, because I really don't know how to do this and it was not explained at all in the old topic.

Thank you very much!
Last edited by Delta-1035 on Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Re: Create a layer with new veichles for a stock map

Post by giftheck »

It's something I'd love to know as well. IIRC Napseeker did it in SWBF1 with his 'mission maps' but I don't know if he ever disclosed what he did.
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Re: Create a layer with new veichles for a stock map

Post by AQT »

Here's what I did when I added a new layer/mode to stock Kamino called Extraction. My three character ID is going to be RCE in this example:

1. Copy stock Kamino's effects, msh, munged, odf, and world1 folders to E:\BF2_ModTools\data_RCE\Worlds\RCE.

2. Open kamino1.wld in ZeroEdit. Go to CHANGE: under Active Layer:, and add a new layer called extraction.

3. After making your changes to this layer, go to CONFIGURE: under Game Modes:. Remove extraction from the first [Common Layers] column. Add extraction as a new mode in the middle [Mode Name:] column, and make it only use the extraction layer in the last [Layers Used:] column.

4. Click on Update World REQ and Mode MRQs. Save and exit ZeroEdit.

5. Open up kam1.req. Edit it so that it only contains the following:

Code: Select all

ucft
{
	REQN
	{
		"lvl"
		"kamino1_extraction"
	}
}
6. And in your .lua file, in addition to loading stock Kamino conquest, you would also load this layer you just created like this:

Code: Select all

ReadDataFile("kam\\kam1.lvl", "kamino1_conquest")
    ReadDataFile("dc:RCE\\kam1.lvl", "kamino1_extraction")
Delta-1035
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: TOR GCWII GCW1035 BF1035
xbox live or psn: Johnny_Sciroppo

Re: Create a layer with new vehicles for a stock map

Post by Delta-1035 »

I've made a quick test map to try this out (added a LAAT to the stock geonosis) and it worked perfectly.

Thanks a lot AQT, great step by step tutorial, a perfect answer to any modding question!