Post Scripting ... the 15 minute mod (FAQ)

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

Fiodis
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: Rannoch + Tientia + Tools Programming

Re: Post Scripting ... the 15 minute mod

Post by Fiodis »

Dakota wrote:connecting the numbers to codes
That's the biggest problem; unfortunately, the developers didn't include any sort of OnButtonPress lua function.
Dakota
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: making random weapon assets
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and more
xbox live or psn: PS3 beats xbox

Post by Dakota »

Fiodis wrote:
Dakota wrote:connecting the numbers to codes
That's the biggest problem; unfortunately, the developers didn't include any sort of OnButtonPress lua function.
i thought repsharpshooter did it on DMI you press the "1" key and the teleporter thing moves you.
Fiodis
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Fiodis »

I'm not familiar with Rep's system but I believe he used linked turrets, in which case the key-pressing thing is a hardcoded aspect of the game (although by default I believe it's scroll up/down to switch turrets).
Dakota
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by Dakota »

Fiodis wrote:I'm not familiar with Rep's system but I believe he used linked turrets, in which case the key-pressing thing is a hardcoded aspect of the game (although by default I believe it's scroll up/down to switch turrets).
maybe someone could adapt the concept i am not sure just spectulation.
Fiodis
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Fiodis »

Dakota wrote:
Fiodis wrote:I'm not familiar with Rep's system but I believe he used linked turrets, in which case the key-pressing thing is a hardcoded aspect of the game (although by default I believe it's scroll up/down to switch turrets).
The main problem with that is that you'd have to be in a turret for it to work. Granted, a couple ideas for how it could be done from inside a turret do spring to mind, but the same occurs when you consider having an "armory" room, or whatever. The bottom line would be that however you do it, it's probably not terribly feasable - actually it's certainly not terribly feasable. Imo the game isn't bad as it is, and this sort of thing just wouldn't be worth the trouble.
Dakota
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by Dakota »

Fiodis wrote:
Dakota wrote:
The main problem with that is that you'd have to be in a turret for it to work. Granted, a couple ideas for how it could be done from inside a turret do spring to mind, but the same occurs when you consider having an "armory" room, or whatever. The bottom line would be that however you do it, it's probably not terribly feasable - actually it's certainly not terribly feasable. Imo the game isn't bad as it is, and this sort of thing just wouldn't be worth the trouble.
maybe you could make an armory stand like from the game "tribes 2" and it makes u respawn after u pick your units then u got the weapons
SAMofBIA
Major General
Major General
Projects :: Nothing....nothing at all.
Games I'm Playing :: League of Legends
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by SAMofBIA »

Fiodis wrote: The main problem with that is that you'd have to be in a turret for it to work.
could a vehicle be considered a turret in this case? because you could make a vehicle out of a regular unit and animate it as a walker and such, force player into said vehicle and work from there...
Dakota
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by Dakota »

SAMofBIA wrote:
Fiodis wrote: The main problem with that is that you'd have to be in a turret for it to work.
could a vehicle be considered a turret in this case? because you could make a vehicle out of a regular unit and animate it as a walker and such, force player into said vehicle and work from there...
hmm if u linked the vehecals like how turrets in space are linked then maybe...
Fiodis
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Fiodis »

SAMofBIA wrote:could a vehicle be considered a turret in this case? because you could make a vehicle out of a regular unit and animate it as a walker and such, force player into said vehicle and work from there...
This has been suggested before, and it was agreed that, aside from being difficult, there would be some major drawbacks.
Dakota wrote:hmm if u linked the vehecals like how turrets in space are linked then maybe...
I don't believe vehicles can be linked.

But that's all besides the point; my only intention of bringing that up was to say how impractical it would be. I did not mean to touch off a slew of "what-ifs". Blind groping here and there for a solution rarely gives as good results as sitting down for a while and carefully considering the problem before posting any potential response. It's all very well to suggest ideas, but at least imo you ought to have some idea of how your suggestion would work, rather than just saying "if you could somehow do this, then it'd work."