SWBF II Modding - SetMemoryPoolSize

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

Silence
Projects :: SW BF II Erweiterung - Extension
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF - SWBF II
xbox live or psn: CheatersGonnaDie

SWBF II Modding - SetMemoryPoolSize

Post by Silence »

Hi Community,

i would like to apologize in advance for my bad English...

I have Problems with the creation of my own mods.
I hope someone can answer me a few questions. Communication can also be done via Discord.

First of all: I created an era with cis vs alliance. Therefore i loaded the soundfiles for gcw and cw in the script. But im missing some sounds. For example the sounds for the blaster rifle (battle droid, not the others) are gone. The sounds for the alliance rifleman are working fine.

2. : I think that problem have to do with the memory pool size. I copied the script for cw and add the alliance. Farther i want to add to the alliance yoda from the republic files and to cis the emperor from the imperial files. But things are missing here too... The emperor cant do combos and yoda stuck on attack and i can only move my mouse if he doing force.

I hope someone understands my problem and can help me... Thanks in advance.

Best regards Silence
MileHighGuy
Jedi
Jedi

Re: SWBF II Modding - SetMemoryPoolSize

Post by MileHighGuy »

You are missing the sounds because your map likely only loads sounds from the "galactic civil war" era.

This tutorial will help you:

http://www.gametoast.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4750

its from the "everything you need" thread at the top of this forum.

Or try the below:

If your map's LUA you have a line similar to this

ReadDataFile("sound\\yav.lvl;yav1gcw")

which loads galactic civil war sounds for yavin.

you could try adding this line after it

ReadDataFile("sound\\yav.lvl;yav1cw")

which should load the clone wars sounds too. You will probably run into issues where it loads the same sounds twice, so I suggest doing the linked tutorial above.
Silence
Projects :: SW BF II Erweiterung - Extension
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF - SWBF II
xbox live or psn: CheatersGonnaDie

Re: SWBF II Modding - SetMemoryPoolSize

Post by Silence »

Hi MileHighGuy,

thank you so much :D

I'll try it today. Do you still have an idea where I can find an explanation or overview of the entries "SetMemoryPollSize"?
Another problem is that i can not set more than 1 jedi/sith per team in normal conquest mode. If I adjust more (chars with lightsaber... jango and boba works fine), the game crashes...