ENV map problem [Solved]

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

Ginev
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Projects :: Remaking FR Battlefront 3 Tatooine map.
Games I'm Playing :: nothing for now
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

ENV map problem [Solved]

Post by Ginev »

Guys i added an ENV MAP effect to one of my custom models.I think its working fine but the only problem is that i dont see the texture of the model itself.
Its too shinny and in the same time very very dark.Shiny dark to be honest.I am following Darth DUCK tutorial and in his picture the gunship ball gun is still
transparent and still have env map effect.What to do?
Last edited by Ginev on Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ZoomV
Rebel Warrant Officer
Rebel Warrant Officer
Projects :: Old Republic Map pack
Games I'm Playing :: BF2 SWTOR and GW2

Re: ENV map problem.

Post by ZoomV »

Does the model's regular texture have a alpha channel?
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

Posting a picture of what your problem looks like would be very helpful.

Also, environment maps don't necessarily have to be applied to transparent surfaces, but is this what you are trying to do?
Ginev
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Projects :: Remaking FR Battlefront 3 Tatooine map.
Games I'm Playing :: nothing for now

Post by Ginev »

This is my simple table model:

https://imageshack.com/i/hlNexwFVj

As you see i dont see the texture of the model.Its shiny,but very dark.
On that map i have and simple cube object for test purposes.The cube have texture aswell but the env effect on him dont cover him with dark color.Its working good there.
Both objects the table and cube have alpha channel on their textures.
Also forgot to tell you that i am using the tantive4 trooper helmet_envmap.tga (+the option file)

Is it possible the problem to be because of the size of the model?My table is very small,but the cube is big like some of the Tatooine square houses.

EDIT
Is it possible the problem to be that i use Windows 7?I copyed the render effect from naboo fountain ball to a text document.Then i get one of my models and add to him via Meshtool env map effect and i check is it gonna be the same like the code from the naboo fountain ball and they are not the same.I think the problem is because of the Windows.Some fix for this?

EDIT2:Yep the problem was in the Windows 7.I fix it guys.Ill explaine:When i downloaded the meshtool there was several example models with it.So i added envmap to my custom model with the meshtool and i check the code of the example env clone_trooper with with my render code of my custom model and they don't match.Dont know why.I just open meshtool and add the name.msh then Enter,then envmap then 0 for my texture and click again enter.Still in the end the render code before ATRB was different for my model.So i copy the code from the example env clone trooper to my model and save it.Then i used Tirpider Tool to fix the msh and this time it worked.

(SOLVED)