editing a shipped side

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

Adidas
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: swbf2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

editing a shipped side

Post by Adidas »

Hello everyone, I've got quite a nooby question I hope can be answered with a link to a similar question. I some of searches on google, and then some on GameToast aswell before I posted, but I'm trying to learn how to edit a side and give my sniper a shotgun, i tried going into C:\BF2_ModTools\data_LLL\Sides and then into my side which is called "all" for alliance and edit the ODF's before I munged my world from within. I tried reading dans ODF guide which I found via The FAQ / Everything You Need Thread Version 2.0 ; but I couldn't find a tutorial or any explanation on how to edit the custom side properly. I opened:

Code: Select all

all_inf_default_sniper.odf
and I just changed her sniper to a shotgun, but I assume there's more work than that I need to do? I put the dc: in before the side on the .lua aswell:
commanderawesome
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: Skin Changer - Warfront - Other stuff
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF SWTOR KotOR EaW
xbox live or psn: AaTc_CmdrAwesome

Re: editing a shipped side

Post by commanderawesome »

hunpeter12
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Projects :: Underground City The Complex [WIP]
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Re: editing a shipped side

Post by hunpeter12 »

Make sure that: a) you have the Common side folder in your data_LLL/Sides;
b)you munge with sides: all (or Everything) selected.
You did everything good (at least what you posted here). Keep looking in the Everything you Need thread and the modding forum if you have other problems. The search function is also very useful.