Map Prefix Names List

Talk and share anything related to Star Wars Battlefront 2. No maps or mod announcements here. Use Work in Progress forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Should someone bring the Map Prefixes thread back?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 3
xdragon

Map Prefix Names List

Post by xdragon »

I dont really know the best way to put this, so I'll just start off with the problem.

Ok, right now my AddOn folder is currently sucking 4.82 gig, even though about half of that I dont even use. I would delete alot of my maps, but I do not know which folders contain which maps, mainly because they are not labeled and they have no information past the 3 letter prefix. Up until Apr 22, 2006 at 06:42 PM, we had a nice thread that contained nearly all of the map prefixes and their names. But, I do quote Teancum, "since Zerted made the map manager software (which allows for two maps of the same prefix) this topic is obsolete." I question that statement. I have indeed downloaded Zerted's Map Manager, and I do not doubt that it has great potential, exept that there are little or no maps in the database. Because of this (no offence to Zerted), I, and many other people have gigs of extra storage that they dont want to delete, in fear of having to download alot of maps again because they deleted some maps that they actually used.

So, in summary, I want the "Map prefix names -- reserve yours now!" thread either unlocked, or replicated. I do understand that Teancum may not have the time to keep it updated, so if anyone here is more active than Teancum and is willing to do it, that would be great.

Or someone could submit a hundred or so maps to Zerted, but that would be highly unlikely. Plus, it would keep the chance of duplicate prefixes down significantly.
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff
Projects :: Bos Wars AI - a RTS game
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and Bos Wars
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

RE: Map Prefix Names List

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

I cut back my work on the Map Manager to work on the shell and new game modes. If others are having this problem, I'll get back to it.
Dabrowski

Post by Dabrowski »

im pretty sure someone made a list of most mod maps.
index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=6054

I dont think it is up-to-date. But if you want to remove some maps, you can look at the list.
Penguin
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Penguin »

it is farely upto date, Alex last updated the lsit and sent me it to do the html a few weeks ago