Coruscant City Mod Map Trouble

Talk and share anything related to Star Wars Battlefront 2. No maps or mod announcements here. Use Work in Progress forum.

Moderator: Moderators

RookieOne
Recruit Womprat Killer
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Coruscant City Mod Map Trouble

Post by RookieOne »

I've been having trouble with getting the Coruscant City mod map to load. The loading bar goes all the way up then freezes, resulting in me having to alt-tab-delete to get off the screen. If I leave it alone long enough it crashes to desktop. I haven't played star wars battlefront 2 since the multiplayer update. I installed the latest 1.3 patch that works with the steam/GOG multiplayer update, and my other map mods do work except that one, and I know it worked last time I played (before the update and subsequent 1.3 patch that followed). I've tried putting video settings at lower resolutions, lower texture qualities, switching on and off vsync, the plugging in a headphone jack trick, and re downloading the mod. I've had no luck. Doing some research I found I'm not the only one with this problem. Comments on moddb and steam show others have the same problem.
https://www.moddb.com/mods/filefronts-h ... scant-city
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =137243551

Anyone know of a fix I could try?
BF2-Master
Captain
Captain

Re: Coruscant City Mod Map Trouble

Post by BF2-Master »

I expected this to be an uncommon problem, having played the map for years, but I just went to boot it and... you're right, it doesn't seem to work. Very strange.

I don't believe Rends is still active around here, but I think anthonybf2 may have the source files and may be able to look into a fix?
RookieOne
Recruit Womprat Killer
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Coruscant City Mod Map Trouble

Post by RookieOne »

Glad to hear more confirmation that it isn't just on my end. If it helps, I just tried again with a clean install on my other computer, this time without the unofficial 1.3 patch. Game still froze at the loading screen. It would seem whatever is causing this would have to do with the official multiplayer update that happened.