Battlefront III Legacy beta 2 Maps on PC Server

Talk and share anything related to Star Wars Battlefront 2. No maps or mod announcements here. Use Work in Progress forum.

Moderator: Moderators

exoframe2
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Battlefront III Legacy beta 2 Maps on PC Server

Post by exoframe2 »

I have my PC Server (swbf2sm.exe v1.10) running unofficial v1.3 and Conversion Pack 2.2. Has anyone had luck running the Battlefront III maps with the server manager? The maps appear in my list but the server cannot start them. It will close, reopen and cycle to the next map in the queue. I haven't dug much into it yet but I was hoping someone may have already found a solution. Any help is welcome!
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Battlefront III Legacy beta 2 Maps on PC Server

Post by Teancum »

You might try running the Legacy maps only (as far as mods go) and then checking. As I recall Server Manager can be a bit weird about things.

*EDIT*

It may also be an issue with the amount of system memory the Legacy maps take up while running. The normal game (client) can take quite a pounding over the stock game memory limitations, but the server might have troubles. Are you rendering anything on the server? You could try running the following if you haven't already (make a shortcut)

swbf2sm.exe /norender /nosound

This will turn off rendering (visuals) and sound, which may free up memory.
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith
Projects :: PS2+PSP Overhaul

Re: Battlefront III Legacy beta 2 Maps on PC Server

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

exoframe2 wrote:I have my PC Server (swbf2sm.exe v1.10) running unofficial v1.3 and Conversion Pack 2.2. Has anyone had luck running the Battlefront III maps with the server manager? The maps appear in my list but the server cannot start them. It will close, reopen and cycle to the next map in the queue. I haven't dug much into it yet but I was hoping someone may have already found a solution. Any help is welcome!
I have endless experience with the server manager and I can say - it does not do well with large mods. Small scale mods like single maps work fine but large mods and conversions have lots of troubles. In fact, the ConvoPack 2.2 doesn't even run all that well.

PyroJockey and I had tried our hand at that and it didn't turn out well.
See for yourself: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=29507&p=498488#p497066

Personally, I would just suggest to make a self-hosted ingame server and choose dedicated mode, make sure the bandwidth option is on maximum so you can allow the limit of 64 people.