Just imagine

Talk and share anything related to Star Wars Battlefront 2. No maps or mod announcements here. Use Work in Progress forum.

Moderator: Moderators

First Lance Corporal
Posts: 123
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:02 pm
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: StarWarsBattlefront2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Just imagine

Postby RedHardcore » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:23 am

I would just imagine if Pandemic Studios came back from the dust and shocked the world with a brand new Star Wars Battlefront game. The game would have way more respect then EA/Dice's take on Star Wars Battlefront. I could imagine a super high graphics battlefront that inherits from the original 2 battlefronts (and maybe some new units and maps and a few new mechanics).

Resistance Leader
User avatar
Posts: 5267
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:43 pm
Location: Edinburgh, UK
Projects :: EVERYWHERE + Project Infiltrator
Games I'm Playing :: Jedi Fallen Order
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Re: Just imagine

Postby Marth8880 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:46 am

EA Battlefront has plenty of *respect*, it's just that it lacks depth. People seem to forget that EA Battlefront is a *reboot* of the franchise, not a continuation of it.

But yes, that would be pretty nice haha. Pretty sure most of the Pandemic devs are at BioWare though (or at least that's where they went after Pandemic was dissolved).

Sith
User avatar
Posts: 1449
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:01 am
Location: Right behind you :)
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Re: Just imagine

Postby thelegend » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:28 am

Marth8880 wrote:....it's just that it lacks depth.

this

First Lance Corporal
Posts: 123
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:02 pm
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: StarWarsBattlefront2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Just imagine

Postby RedHardcore » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:40 am

Marth8880 wrote:EA Battlefront has plenty of *respect*, it's just that it lacks depth. People seem to forget that EA Battlefront is a *reboot* of the franchise, not a continuation of it.

But yes, that would be pretty nice haha. Pretty sure most of the Pandemic devs are at BioWare though (or at least that's where they went after Pandemic was dissolved).


Every game has respect. Its just that many people have bashed about how it doesn't resemble the original battlefront, despite its a reboot and how its too much like a cloned battlefield (that doesn't mean that I agree with them).

Resistance Leader
User avatar
Posts: 5267
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:43 pm
Location: Edinburgh, UK
Projects :: EVERYWHERE + Project Infiltrator
Games I'm Playing :: Jedi Fallen Order
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Re: Just imagine

Postby Marth8880 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:59 am

RedHardcore wrote:and how its too much like a cloned battlefield (that doesn't mean that I agree with them).

Yep, nobody realizes that Pandemic's original concept of Battlefront was supposed to essentially be Battlefield with a Star Wars skin. And with that said, the early Battlefield games (specifically Battlefield 2) were MUCH better than SWBF1 and SWBF2 ever were lol (ignoring mods).

Sith Master
User avatar
Posts: 2642
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:32 am
Location: Pizza Land
Projects :: TOR GCWII GCW1035
xbox live or psn: Johnny_Sciroppo

Re: Just imagine

Postby Delta-1035 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:32 am

Marth8880 wrote:
RedHardcore wrote:and how its too much like a cloned battlefield (that doesn't mean that I agree with them).

Yep, nobody realizes that Pandemic's original concept of Battlefront was supposed to essentially be Battlefield with a Star Wars skin. And with that said, the early Battlefield games (specifically Battlefield 2) were MUCH better than SWBF1 and SWBF2 ever were lol (ignoring mods).


If EA's Battlefront had been a copy of Battlefield 3-4 with sw skins, I would have been way more happy with the game. (classes, weapon costumization, vehicles...)

Droid Pilot Assassin
User avatar
Posts: 2177
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:58 pm
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Re: Just imagine

Postby ggctuk » Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:36 pm

The idea's neat but wasn't Pandemic absorbed by EA, meaning that even if the studio came back, they'd be under the same rules as DICE?

Jedi Admin
User avatar
Posts: 11087
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:42 pm
Location: Indiana
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Just imagine

Postby Teancum » Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:14 pm

I think the appeal of Pandemic's SWBF vs EA's is that there's almost an arcadey-ness to it. It's very easy to pick up and play, just like Battlefield 1942 was. Graphically it's presented in a style that will stay acceptable to players for years to come. Even though it's a product of the hardware of its time, it has its own sort of art style. EA's plays much more into the modern Battlefield style, which is grittier, and leans more towards a realistic instead of arcade feel. It's visuals are, quite frankly, cutting edge, so it too shines.

But there's a charm to Pandemic's games that still pulls me in today. And let's be honest, they don't have heaps of depth, either. Kill bad guys, capture command posts. The variety to me (number of maps, mods) coupled with the way the games felt hooked me in. The new game is downright gorgeous visually, and has some amazing technical aspects. With all the DLC that's been released it now has the variety. Still, it doesn't have that feel that keeps me coming back. I might pick up some sort of "Battlefront Collection" if they ever release it with all DLC, but the time I've had with it got old quickly.

Resistance Leader
User avatar
Posts: 5267
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:43 pm
Location: Edinburgh, UK
Projects :: EVERYWHERE + Project Infiltrator
Games I'm Playing :: Jedi Fallen Order
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Re: Just imagine

Postby Marth8880 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:47 pm

ggctuk wrote:The idea's neat but wasn't Pandemic absorbed by EA, meaning that even if the studio came back, they'd be under the same rules as DICE?

Indeed they were. A lot of Pandemic's employees were hired into BioWare to help produce the first Mass Effect. As for what'd happen if the studio were to be revived, what do you mean exactly? Which rules? :o

Return to SWBF2 General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests