Console Commands to Replicate Galactic Conquest Online

Talk and share anything related to Star Wars Battlefront 2. No maps or mod announcements here. Use Work in Progress forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Triforce919
Private Recruit
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Console Commands to Replicate Galactic Conquest Online

Post by Triforce919 »

Hey guys! I apologize if this is the wrong place, but I had an idea that's not really a mod in a conventional sense. Someone thought of a way to play galactic conquest on the new Battlefront by using an external app to memorize ship locations, planets, etc. to kinda pseudo play GC with the new skirmish mode. I thought that this idea could be translated into Battlefront II. I want to create an app that basically facilitates the generation of console commands using a graphical interface. This app would give an admin commands straight to your clipboard, and you could basically set up quick parameters, like "load death star with team two getting bacta bonus" stuff along the lines of that. The app would also remember credits and have a "store" system for purchases. All of this would operate outside of Battlefront.

Now what I want to know is if it were possible to do a few things:

Can you lock classes using commands? (ex. have maps start with only the stormtrooper class selectable, and whatever classes are "unlocked" in the app.

Are the commands that the fake console uses able to be entered in using the regular console? (ex. the GC bonus like leadership, bacta, etc.)

If the console is able to make all these changes in game, then this "mod" would seem quite simple to make, and could allow for some very interesting twists on GC as we know it. One idea I had is to have the rebel players choose a planet secretly to be the rebel base, and have that factor into victory conditions, or other aspects. Obviously due to how it would work, an "honor system" would need to be in place to make sure that players aren't cheating, (joining the opposing faction, lying about upgrades, etc.) Perhaps one player would need to be the "game-master" but I could honestly see this being very fun if executed right.
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Re: Console Commands to Replicate Galactic Conquest Online

Post by thelegend »

Well I personally don't know much about Fake Console or GC that much.
Regarding your first question yes you can. Using SetClassProperty in you .lua files will help you to "unlock" certain units for all players.

SetClassProperty("unit_entity_name", "PointsToUnlock", "999")

You just need to get your unit's odf name, for example. PointsToUnlock tells how many points are required to unlock this certain unit. 999 is just a placeholder number. Use any number you'd like to want to use.
Triforce919
Private Recruit

Post by Triforce919 »

Thank you for the response. Please excuse my lack of knowledge but in regards to entering commands into lua files, is this something done outside of the game? And how exactly do I get the command you sent me to execute? I did find the odf names, so all I have to do is properly send the command in game. Also, I noticed that I cannot use "ctrl v" to paste from the clipboard, which makes putting in many commands extremely tedious. I noticed there is a place in the fake console for lua, but I can't paste in there either. Basically all I need is a way to quickly put several commands once a map starts. Any tips to point me in the right direction would again be greatly appreciated.
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith
Projects :: PS2+PSP Overhaul

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

There is absolutely no way to access GC mode in multiplayer. If it was possible it would take some people who are excessively good at Lua and have a ton of free time.

Now if you want free special classes, you should install the 1.3 r129 patch. It comes with an ingame list of various commands with one that removes the points required to unlock limit.

The 1.3 r129 is recommended anyway as it's a huge support platform for just about all other mods you may end up getting later on.
Triforce919
Private Recruit

Post by Triforce919 »

Thank you for the response. I am aware that GC won't work in multiplayer. What I want to do is see if I can quickly add commands to maps when they start to "replicate" the experience. Like for instance, I would have a completely separate program track credits, captured planets, ship movement, etc. I just need to know if it's possible to give purchased bonuses to a team as soon as the map starts without have to manually scroll up and down the fake console over and over.

Also, in regards to class unlocks, I'm more interested in locking classes, opposed to making them open (eg game forces empire to use stormtroopers only, and all other classes will not be slectable). Is that possible to do?

This link here is the gist of my idea:

http://icanhastoast.deviantart.com/art/ ... 1469159796

Think of this as battlefront II assisted by a "board game program."

Obviously both games have different game modes, but basically I would make a map with Battlefront II's planets, and have it automate some of the upkeep stuff (again entirely separate from Battlefront II).

This is meant for a group of friends, or an organized group, so of course it would not make any sense to play with people randomly. I hope that clears anything up!
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith
Projects :: PS2+PSP Overhaul

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

Manipulating character selections is possible but it's buggy in multiplayer. If both teams start with one class and then the host assigns a second or more classes mid-game, the client side of the character selection won't be updated. All of the clients connected to the host have to have a way to update their class selections manually, and only after the host has given authority to make more classes possible.

The same type of bug applies to the points system. If both teams start with a unit locked at let's say at 999 points, and half way through the host decides it's time to make them free, the clients have to have a way to manually update their side of the game (after the host sets them to be free) or they'll still be stuck behind the screen telling them to get more points.

EDIT: Yes, it's possible to assign the GC bonuses inside regular matches. The 1.3 r129 patch's list of ingame commands has the ability to assign them. They have to be assigned by the host of course, but it does come with another bug - players who are not the host of the session won't hear the voice over stuff like "The enemy team has sabotaged our vehicles" so you'd have to tell everyone physically which bonuses have been activated. It's also limited to one per team per match. If you activate more than one, the one you just chose overrides the one you activated before it. Also some of the GC bonuses crash in multiplayer for those who aren't the host. I think it's just the ammo and turret grid bonuses.