Battlefront 2 Ultimate Pack

Talk and share anything related to Star Wars Battlefront 2. No maps or mod announcements here. Use Work in Progress forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Re: Battlefront 2 Ultimate Pack

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

Maveritchell wrote:
Twilight_Warrior wrote:For the real kicker, just straight up copy everything from the Ultimate Pack, custom modifications and all, but redistribute it through this new installer. Do not credit the guy until he says something.
You don't wanna do that, dude. That doesn't benefit anybody to fight fire with fire.
This was a joke. Btw. I forgot I need to specify that here...
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

Marth8880 wrote:My biggest problem with the Ultimate Pack is the fact that they didn't include MEU in it. :lol:

(Though the reason could easily be because of its sheer complexity installation-wise and/or its size.)

You have too much install option. They only took maps/mods they could easily put in the folder and that's it. Your mod came with an installer. They'd need to look into it to find the right files and place for a "default" installation.

I said that i'm fine with it, as long as he'll add the option to install my patched, too (english soundstreams and the original RCs). Since now he did not. When i'm done with my exams and he still did not add this option i'll report.
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Post by thelegend »

This might be the most dumbest suggestions you every heard (besides the fact I am not a PC geek or have any experience with that...) but isn't it possible to create something to "protect" files from being copied somewhere else? Here's my calrified version of my idea:
-The newly created mod comes with an installer.
-The installer installs (lol) the mod into your Addon folder.
-The installer/program creates some kind of a "shield" which protects the folder and files from being copied or packaged into a WinZip or Rar file.
-The only way to get tid of the mod would be to completely remove it.
-End of the story.

Is something like that be possible? Probably not but I am not sure.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

no.

the best way would be to write something in the registry, but therefore the lua or addme script need to support registry reading