Anyone with this weapon bug?

Talk and share anything related to Star Wars Battlefront 2. No maps or mod announcements here. Use Work in Progress forum.

Moderator: Moderators

CdtFox
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: BUC and Designated Days
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2+EAW+Subnautica
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Anyone with this weapon bug?

Post by CdtFox »

Yesterday I was playing (once again) some match with Dev's Side Mod and other custom mod, and for the first time I noticed 2 weapons icons!!!
Yes, you have good eyes 2 weapons... :runaway:
I know Deviss fixed his weapons with (I think) Fragme!'s tutorial like many modders but what?! As you may know it's a bit boring to play with gun icon floating...:/

(it's the same for every maps! :faint: )

I immediately re-installed all my mods but no visible change! It's always the same thing...
Someone else with this bug?? :o
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Re: Anyone with this weapon bug?

Post by Anakin »

I had that Problem on end or for my rcm mod. That's why you cannot play on end or. And some have that problem for tor belsavis too, and for others the floating fix worked
ZoomV
Rebel Warrant Officer
Rebel Warrant Officer
Projects :: Old Republic Map pack
Games I'm Playing :: BF2 SWTOR and GW2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Anyone with this weapon bug?

Post by ZoomV »

Anakin wrote:I had that Problem on end or for my rcm mod. That's why you cannot play on end or. And some have that problem for tor belsavis too, and for others the floating fix worked
From all my attempts at fixing the belsavis bug (which seems to be the same as the OP's problem) I was only able to come up with this.

Code: Select all

Message Severity: 2
C:\Battlefront2\main\Battlefront2\Source\GameModel.cpp(221)
Model "com_inv_mesh" already loaded in another level file
com_inv_mesh is the mesh that the floating icon fix tutorial has you use for the second hud mesh. It's supposed to be invisible, but from what I've been able to gather the bug is the result of the game not loading it correctly, and because of this it replaces com_inv_mesh with the other hud mesh.

EDIT: While writing this post I had a brainspark. com_inv_mesh (or whatever mesh a mod is using for the second hud mesh slot) ought to be able to be positioned in the same way the icon is postioned. So if the mod's hud file is changed so that com_inv_mesh is positioned offscreen.

Hopefully if the bug is caused by what I think it is caused by then the reposition would "fix" it by simply moving the floating weapon offscreen.

Granted I have little experience with hud files, and I can't test myself because I've never been able to reproduce the bug.