Star Wars Battlefront III Legacy - Looking for a Mod Team

Talk and share anything related to Star Wars Battlefront 2. No maps or mod announcements here. Use Work in Progress forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Lieutenant General
User avatar
Posts: 673
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:41 pm

Re: The "Battlefront III Project" - Looking for a Mod Team

Postby Nedarb7 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:39 pm

commanderawesome wrote:
Venator wrote:A while back IIRC it was on Nedarb7's Youtube channel and I saw him working on a weapons/class console where you could switch weapons on the pause menu. I'd love to see this implemented in your mod with BF3 models! :D

That was Glitch.

And I don't think SWBF3 had character customization.
Actually, I was the one working behind the scenes on customization for Glitch: (see video Venator was referring to.)

Still, customization would be pretty cool to see, though SWBF3 may not have had it. Maybe it could be something like Elite Squadron, where there are select amounts of classes that can be changed. On the other hand, it wouldn't be online compatible.

Private Third Class
User avatar
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:25 pm
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 DICE SWBF
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: The "Battlefront III Project" - Looking for a Mod Team

Postby Venator » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:49 pm

Thanks Nedarb, that's what I had in mind, wasn't SWBF3 supposed to be a next gen variation of Elite Squadron + a bit of extra content? I know it had some tie-ins with Elite Squadron at least...

2nd Lieutenant
User avatar
Posts: 375
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:47 am
Location: HK Factory
Projects :: None
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: The "Battlefront III Project" - Looking for a Mod Team

Postby DylanRocket » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:59 pm

Venator wrote:Thanks Nedarb, that's what I had in mind, wasn't SWBF3 supposed to be a next gen variation of Elite Squadron + a bit of extra content? I know it had some tie-ins with Elite Squadron at least...


Actually, Elite Squadron was the PS2/PSP version of SWBF3. There's tons of evidence, mainly the logos, but if you look into some of the text files with a hex editor, you'll see tons of references to PS2 memory cards. Furthermore, a developer has stated that it was supposed to be the PS2 version and I believe an ex-Free Radical employee confirmed it somewhere.

Droid Pilot Assassin
User avatar
Posts: 2179
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:58 pm
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Re: The "Battlefront III Project" - Looking for a Mod Team

Postby ggctuk » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:23 am

I'm a little surprised they didn't just go ahead with the PS2 version and release it as Elite Squadron. It's not as if there's no precedent for having a console franchise title be a spinoff - just look at Battlefield with both Bad Company.

In the end, I'm assuming they merged it with the code for Renegade Squadron though.

Private First Class
User avatar
Posts: 316
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:48 pm
Location: Greece
Projects :: None.
xbox live or psn: #PCMasterRace

Re: The "Battlefront III Project" - Looking for a Mod Team

Postby TheMastermindOfMaom » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:28 am

Actually I think Rebellion wanted to complete SWBF3 but because they couldn't understand some stuff in the code,they moved to Elite Squadron.

Droid Pilot Assassin
User avatar
Posts: 2179
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:58 pm
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Re: The "Battlefront III Project" - Looking for a Mod Team

Postby ggctuk » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:49 am

TheMastermindOfMaom wrote:Actually I think Rebellion wanted to complete SWBF3 but because they couldn't understand some stuff in the code,they moved to Elite Squadron.


THey would have been working on the PS2 version, though. And that would have been using their own code.

Anyways, I think we should save this discussion for the actual SWBFIII topic and concentrate on this one.

If you want any help, say, extracting anything from the Squadron games, I'll see what I can do with them (I don't think Vjun was in SWBFIII for instance)

Private First Class
User avatar
Posts: 316
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:48 pm
Location: Greece
Projects :: None.
xbox live or psn: #PCMasterRace

Re: The "Battlefront III Project" - Looking for a Mod Team

Postby TheMastermindOfMaom » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:04 am

That would help. If you actually extract it,either PM me or make a thread here: http://commindustries.proboards.com/

Master of the Force
User avatar
Posts: 4782
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:37 am
Location: Mos Espa (germany)
Projects :: RC Side Mod SWBF2 HD SWBF3 Legacy

Re: The "Battlefront III Project" - Looking for a Mod Team

Postby Anakin » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:55 am

thank you all for your suggestions. Currently we'll remake the map and sides with stock BF2 mods. Later on we'll add custom things.

Private Third Class
User avatar
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:03 pm
Location: Athens , Greece
Projects :: 2D Artist for Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: StarWars Battlefront
xbox live or psn: none

Re: The "Battlefront III Project" - Looking for a Mod Team

Postby DarthDio » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:46 pm

thelegend wrote:
The Battlefront III Project - Looking for a Mod Team


Me and Anakin
Team Graphic:
???
Tasks: new HUD (new weapon icons, minimap, rearrange all elements for better looking)

If you want to join our dev Team, please tell us what job you want.
If you want to help us as a outside collaborator, please tell us, what you are going to do for us.

For more questions feel free to ask. If you would like to contribute to this project feel free to reply to this post.


Well , I have already made most of the HUD which is IDENTICAL to the one in BF3 , I didn't know you guys were going to do this afterall but I'm gald that you will.
The legend , I sent you a few messages on skype about Coruscant since I'm still blocked by Gametoast (isn't there a way for you to finally whitelist me)?

Anyway , if you need HUD , el_fabricio visit Skype.

And Anakin I wish the best of luck to both of you , make us proud , BRING BACK BF3 in BF2!

Sith
User avatar
Posts: 1449
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:01 am
Location: Right behind you :)
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Re: The "Battlefront III Project" - Looking for a Mod Team

Postby thelegend » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:24 pm

DarthDio wrote:Well , I have already made most of the HUD which is IDENTICAL to the one in BF3 , I didn't know you guys were going to do this afterall but I'm gald that you will.
The legend , I sent you a few messages on skype about Coruscant since I'm still blocked by Gametoast (isn't there a way for you to finally whitelist me)?

Anyway , if you need HUD , el_fabricio visit Skype.

And Anakin I wish the best of luck to both of you , make us proud , BRING BACK BF3 in BF2!


Thank you very much for your interest in helping us. I already saw them and I really like them. I added you to the list.

1st Warning
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:11 pm
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: star wars battlefron
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: The "Battlefront III Project" - Looking for a Mod Team

Postby skleidar » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:37 pm

any new videos about the map ?

Sith
User avatar
Posts: 1449
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:01 am
Location: Right behind you :)
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Re: The "Battlefront III Project" - Looking for a Mod Team

Postby thelegend » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:03 pm

skleidar wrote:any new videos about the map ?


Well...
Hidden/Spoiler:
Image
Time: 9:01 P.M.


It might be the best to wait a little bit more :wink:

1st Warning
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:11 pm
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: star wars battlefron
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: The "Battlefront III Project" - Looking for a Mod Team

Postby skleidar » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:02 pm

oh cool thanks

Master of the Force
User avatar
Posts: 4782
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:37 am
Location: Mos Espa (germany)
Projects :: RC Side Mod SWBF2 HD SWBF3 Legacy

Re: The "Battlefront III Project" - Looking for a Mod Team

Postby Anakin » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:16 am

What do you think about this project logo?

I'd like to take a screenshot from the finished Coruscant map for background, so it's about the font.

@Staff: what font have you used for the GT banner?? I'd like to take the same for the gametoast text.

Hidden/Spoiler:
Image

1st Warning
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:11 pm
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: star wars battlefron
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: The "Battlefront III Project" - Looking for a Mod Team

Postby skleidar » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:39 am

cool logo maybe you should use it for the mod main menu

Resistance Leader
User avatar
Posts: 5272
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:43 pm
Location: Edinburgh, UK
Projects :: EVERYWHERE + Project Infiltrator
Games I'm Playing :: Jedi Fallen Order
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Re: The "Battlefront III Project" - Looking for a Mod Team

Postby Marth8880 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:02 am

Anakin wrote:What do you think about this project logo?

Hidden/Spoiler:
Image

"BATTLEFRONT" should have thicker/more opaque shadowing so it's more legible against the "III" Roman numerals. If you do make those changes, I'd advise making the same changes to the other text and whatnot for the sake of consistency.

Anakin wrote:I'd like to take a screenshot from the finished Coruscant map for background, so it's about the font.

I personally don't think the *logo* should have any sort of background, but rather just be completely transparent. For a Mod DB banner image, though, (or other promotional images) you should totally have a background. :)

Additionally, what are your thoughts for the project's final name? Personally, I don't think "Battlefront III" is a very good name because it might confuse people, so "Battlefront III Project" or something close to that might stick the best. In the logo itself, I think it might be better if you ditch the "STAR WARS" and "GAMETOAST" text altogether, simply because a) the word "Battlefront" alone will be obvious enough to most players that it's a Star Wars project, and b) it just doesn't make much sense to include our forum's name, especially seeing as how it's not like the project's name is "Star Wars Battlefront III Gametoast" or something like that lol. :lol:

So with all that said, the text in the logo should really only contain the project's name, whatever it ends up being.

Droid Pilot Assassin
User avatar
Posts: 2179
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:58 pm
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Re: The "Battlefront III Project" - Looking for a Mod Team

Postby ggctuk » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:33 am

What about "Battlefront III Legacy"?

Master of the Force
User avatar
Posts: 4782
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:37 am
Location: Mos Espa (germany)
Projects :: RC Side Mod SWBF2 HD SWBF3 Legacy

Re: The "Battlefront III Project" - Looking for a Mod Team

Postby Anakin » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:45 am

Marth8880 wrote:
Anakin wrote:What do you think about this project logo?

Hidden/Spoiler:
Image

"BATTLEFRONT" should have thicker/more opaque shadowing so it's more legible against the "III" Roman numerals. If you do make those changes, I'd advise making the same changes to the other text and whatnot for the sake of consistency.



Yes i think you are right. I'll change the shadow.

Marth8880 wrote:
Anakin wrote:I'd like to take a screenshot from the finished Coruscant map for background, so it's about the font.

I personally don't think the *logo* should have any sort of background, but rather just be completely transparent. For a Mod DB banner image, though, (or other promotional images) you should totally have a background. :)


That's the plan

Marth8880 wrote:Additionally, what are your thoughts for the project's final name? Personally, I don't think "Battlefront III" is a very good name because it might confuse people, so "Battlefront III Project" or something close to that might stick the best. In the logo itself, I think it might be better if you ditch the "STAR WARS" and "GAMETOAST" text altogether, simply because a) the word "Battlefront" alone will be obvious enough to most players that it's a Star Wars project, and b) it just doesn't make much sense to include our forum's name, especially seeing as how it's not like the project's name is "Star Wars Battlefront III Gametoast" or something like that lol. :lol:

So with all that said, the text in the logo should really only contain the project's name, whatever it ends up being.


this design is a hint at this logo:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Image


whereas the III is a hint at the old SWBFII logo.

you see the title is not Star Wars Battlefront EA, although they have EA in the Logo ;)


@ggctuk: we already had SWBF Legacy in mind. So i'm sure it'll be one of the favourites.


==EDIT==

new concept:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Image

Private Third Class
User avatar
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:03 pm
Location: Athens , Greece
Projects :: 2D Artist for Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: StarWars Battlefront
xbox live or psn: none

Re: Star Wars Battlefront III Legacy - Looking for a Mod Tea

Postby DarthDio » Mon May 16, 2016 11:46 am

Cool stuff , haven't talked to you guys in weeks! Hit me up on Discord or Skype if you need anything.

Previous

Return to SWBF2 General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests