Keyboard & Mouse not responding with controller [Solved]

Talk and share anything related to Star Wars Battlefront 2. No maps or mod announcements here. Use Work in Progress forum.

Moderator: Moderators

snthennumbers
Recruit Womprat Killer
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Keyboard & Mouse not responding with controller [Solved]

Post by snthennumbers »

Hi all,
This used to work, I promise. I have an Xbox One wireless controller that I have configured in-game. It works fine. The problem is that now, today, all of a sudden, my keyboard and mouse do not work if the Xbox controller is in use. This means I can't pause the game with the Esc key, I can't accept to play as hero's (F1), etc.

My Xbox controller left stick moves the mouse in-game, and the A button works as [select], and I can pause by pushing CTRL+ESC on the keyboard, so I know the PC still recognizes the keyboard.
I have uninstalled my keyboard, uninstalled the xbox controller, reinstalled the game, cleaned the registry with CCleaner, rebooted, unplugged and replugged the keyboard & xbox controller wireless receiver, deleted game data folders in %programdata% and %appdata% directories, created a whole new profile...nothing is working to get this "dual input" working again.

Anyone have any thoughts as to what might've happened or more importantly, how I can fix it?
Thanks in advance!

PC:
Surface Pro 4
Windows 10 Pro x64
Intel Core i7 6650-U 2.20GHz
8Gb RAM
Intel Iris 540 Graphics
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith
Projects :: PS2+PSP Overhaul

Re: Keyboard & Mouse not responding with xbox controller

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

I play with a wired Xbox 360 controller via usb adapter and I never have any issues. The only thing I don't like is that I can't map pausing, so I am stuck reaching from the controller to the keyboard. That's fine with me, and nothing's ever broken.

I have every button on the controller used except the Xbox home button, which for some odd reason if pressed likes to bring up my Steam library page.

The only suggestion I can give is to go to control options and set all of them to default. Then remap everything. Also ensure you keep your controller in 1 usb slot. If I move my controller around different usb ports it may work, may not work or may have to reinstall drivers again.
snthennumbers
Recruit Womprat Killer
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Keyboard & Mouse not responding with xbox controller

Post by snthennumbers »

anthony thanks for the quick reply. I actually found the problem - a Windows update :\

https://www.reddit.com/r/GrandTheftAuto ... _keyboard/
Update KB3140743

Uninstalled it (had to run the uninstaller twice as the first time it craps out), rebooted, and now all's back to normal :)

Cheers