Can we contact Rends?

Talk and share anything related to Star Wars Battlefront 2. No maps or mod announcements here. Use Work in Progress forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Jedi
User avatar
Posts: 1189
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:55 pm
Location: San Diego
Projects :: SWBF2 PSP+PS2 Conversion

Can we contact Rends?

Postby AnthonyBF2 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:26 pm

I want to ask the user Rends a question but that user didn't allow PM and their posted website is dead. If you see this can you reply Rends? Thanks. :P

Droid Pilot Assassin
User avatar
Posts: 2176
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:58 pm
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Re: Can we contact Rends?

Postby ggctuk » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:02 pm

Rends came on last month so he still comes on every once in a while.

Jawa Admin
User avatar
Posts: 2500
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:45 pm
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

Re: Can we contact Rends?

Postby guru » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:02 pm

I messages him that his area was lost and he could reupload but he never contacted me. I wonder if any gametoast current staff should like to run a file area on gt or another non forum area for gametoasters? Just a thought

Gametoast Staff
Online
User avatar
Posts: 3294
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:23 am

Re: Can we contact Rends?

Postby AceMastermind » Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:43 am

guru wrote:... I wonder if any gametoast current staff should like to run a file area on gt or another non forum area for gametoasters? Just a thought

I might be up for it, lay out your plan man! :)

Jawa Admin
User avatar
Posts: 2500
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:45 pm
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

Re: Can we contact Rends?

Postby guru » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:33 am

I have cleared a lot of web space so I was thinking if there was
A need for anything swbf or modding or gametoast related we
Could add to the site or Just maybe setup access for
The ability to upload files onto a mod/map area of gt? Or best
Of mods or mod of the day ?!

Master of the Force
User avatar
Posts: 4775
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:37 am
Location: Mos Espa (germany)
Projects :: RC Side Mod SWBF2 HD SWBF3 Legacy

Re: Can we contact Rends?

Postby Anakin » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:07 am

guru wrote:I have cleared a lot of web space so I was thinking if there was
A need for anything swbf or modding or gametoast related we
Could add to the site or Just maybe setup access for
The ability to upload files onto a mod/map area of gt? Or best
Of mods or mod of the day ?!


I don't think that mod of the day would be a good idea. But i like the idea of the best of mods/maps. We could use Jaspo's list to make a complete list of all mods/maps that were ever released and than vote for the best 10, 20, 30,... I don't know how many space you have. and put them all together on the site.
Later on someone could make a installer that can download the mods/maps from here into the right directory. So you choose the mods/maps you like from the installer and it downloads all needed files and put them where they go to.
With an authentication we could maybe (i don't know much about it) allow everyone (from every country) to download the files via this tool.

But just an idea.

Gametoast Staff
User avatar
Posts: 2973
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:36 am
Location: USA
Projects :: Bos Wars AI - a RTS game
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and Bos Wars
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Can we contact Rends?

Postby [RDH]Zerted » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:56 pm

Yay! After 12 years there might be some use for the Map Manager!

We used to host mods. Can that portion of the site just be resumed?

Captain
Posts: 466
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:08 pm

Re: Can we contact Rends?

Postby BF2-Master » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:20 am

[RDH]Zerted wrote:Yay! After 12 years there might be some use for the Map Manager!

We used to host mods. Can that portion of the site just be resumed?

I think it would be ideal to do this. GT is the only site that still has enough resources and interest to really be able to host this kind of thing consistently. If sever space is an issue, hosting pages with screenshots and links to, say, uploads on multiple external sites (MediaFire, GameFront, etc.) would still be an improvement from the system SWBFFiles' death has pretty much left us with.

Something like Rends' old site wouldn't be a huge stretch format-wise -- a couple screenshots, some stats (mission count would be useful) a description or review, and download links. Maybe links to official WIP topics and release topics if applicable, mostly for newer mods.

Jawa Admin
User avatar
Posts: 2500
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:45 pm
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

Re: Can we contact Rends?

Postby guru » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:04 am

The thing is I won't have time to update content incould only setup a
File manager system or similar access and let
Someone run the feature area. It would be for someone who has the time and wants to make the maps and mods continue to thrive

Master of the Force
User avatar
Posts: 4775
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:37 am
Location: Mos Espa (germany)
Projects :: RC Side Mod SWBF2 HD SWBF3 Legacy

Re: Can we contact Rends?

Postby Anakin » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:19 am

Sorry but i don't have the time and experience for doing that. But i'm sure there will be someone who can and wants to do that. But maybe you should ask in the Feedback or General thread for that. Not sure if there are so many reading the "Can we contact Rends?" post.

Jedi Admin
User avatar
Posts: 7421
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:03 pm

Re: Can we contact Rends?

Postby Maveritchell » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:57 pm

guru wrote:The thing is I won't have time to update content incould only setup a
File manager system...


Are you still using Joomla as your CMS?

Jawa Admin
User avatar
Posts: 2500
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:45 pm
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

Re: Can we contact Rends?

Postby guru » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:33 pm

We could do that or any free php script that manages files and such I'll look for a god system if we have enough real interest from someone who has time to manage it

Sith
User avatar
Posts: 1278
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:34 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Can we contact Rends?

Postby Rends » Sat May 21, 2016 12:26 pm

Hi guys, right, i'm still lurking in here from time to time. Wonder why someone can't contact me via PM?
I also get mails here and there and if i can help or someone is asking for permission to use some of my stuff i still reply.
Cheers,
Rends

Jedi
User avatar
Posts: 1189
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:55 pm
Location: San Diego
Projects :: SWBF2 PSP+PS2 Conversion

Re: Can we contact Rends?

Postby AnthonyBF2 » Sat May 21, 2016 12:39 pm

Rends wrote:Hi guys, right, i'm still lurking in here from time to time. Wonder why someone can't contact me via PM?
I also get mails here and there and if i can help or someone is asking for permission to use some of my stuff i still reply.
Cheers,
Rends


I wanted to ask you if I could borrow your map assets so I can import your awesome maps to the PSP version of SWBF2. I know you released some assets but they were just objects. I need also the "world1" folders (level design & layout files)

Sith
User avatar
Posts: 1278
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:34 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Can we contact Rends?

Postby Rends » Sat May 21, 2016 1:29 pm

Since beeing a long time i've modded for SWBF i need to know which map and i will check my backup dvd's if i still have the files.

Jedi
User avatar
Posts: 1189
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:55 pm
Location: San Diego
Projects :: SWBF2 PSP+PS2 Conversion

Re: Can we contact Rends?

Postby AnthonyBF2 » Sat May 21, 2016 1:31 pm

Rends wrote:Since beeing a long time i've modded for SWBF i need to know which map and i will check my backup dvd's if i still have the files.


All of your maps are awesome! If you've got all assets I am open to work on getting them all imported. 8)

Personally I live Mos Eisley Spaceport the most, but again all of them are awesome.

Sith
User avatar
Posts: 1278
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:34 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Can we contact Rends?

Postby Rends » Sat May 21, 2016 1:41 pm

Ok, i will do my best but need some time.
Rends

Droid Pilot Assassin
User avatar
Posts: 2176
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:58 pm
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Re: Can we contact Rends?

Postby ggctuk » Sat May 21, 2016 1:56 pm

I'd love to have the original map source to "Coruscant: City" (possibly for SWBF1 if you still have it). It's an awesome map but I'd love to change the vehicles to suit the ones I have in my mod.

Jedi
User avatar
Posts: 1108
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:09 pm
Location: Denver, CO
Projects :: The Sith Wars II

Re: Can we contact Rends?

Postby Kingpin » Sat May 21, 2016 3:34 pm

ggctuk wrote:I'd love to have the original map source to "Coruscant: City" (possibly for SWBF1 if you still have it). It's an awesome map but I'd love to change the vehicles to suit the ones I have in my mod.


Couldn't you just load the .lvl in a new LUA you munge and change the names of the desired vehicle to match the vehicle that currently spawns?

Droid Pilot Assassin
User avatar
Posts: 2176
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:58 pm
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Re: Can we contact Rends?

Postby ggctuk » Sat May 21, 2016 3:46 pm

Kingpin wrote:
ggctuk wrote:I'd love to have the original map source to "Coruscant: City" (possibly for SWBF1 if you still have it). It's an awesome map but I'd love to change the vehicles to suit the ones I have in my mod.


Couldn't you just load the .lvl in a new LUA you munge and change the names of the desired vehicle to match the vehicle that currently spawns?


That would disallow me from using that slot for something else (I want to use both the MAF and Droid Gunship in my mod for different maps, and in the SWBF1 map, the MAF loads there - if I put the Droid Gunship in that slot, I would either lose the ability to load the MAF on certain maps, or would have to remunge new levels to load the MAF from a new ODF). Also, I would like to try something out with that map - making it the first SWBF map to attempt seamless ground-to-space, which I need the map source for.

Next

Return to SWBF2 General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests