questions regarding Patch 1.3 and possible trainers

Talk and share anything related to Star Wars Battlefront 2. No maps or mod announcements here. Use Work in Progress forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Gasgano
Recruit Womprat Killer
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

questions regarding Patch 1.3 and possible trainers

Post by Gasgano »

Hi Everyone!

So I was scavenging the internet and saw some old trainers for SWBF2 before the unofficial 1.3 patch.

The trainers included "No gun overheating" and "infinite vehicle Boost" and "infinite Stamina"

Just to clarify, the fake console only allows "infinite sprint", which isn't exactly the same.
Furthermore, it has been a childhood dream of mine to infinitely boost throughout space maps in a starfighter, which again, is not allowed by fake console.

If anyone knows of any trainers compatible with the 1.3 patch please inform me.
also, if there are any mods out there that accomplish these same tasks, I would love to try them out.
I really respect this community and am so pleased to see the forums still active.

Thanks a bunch! :D
TheMastermindOfMaom
Private First Class
Projects :: None.
xbox live or psn: #PCMasterRace

Re: questions regarding Patch 1.3 and possible trainers

Post by TheMastermindOfMaom »

Then get AnthonyBF2's Fake Console addon. It can be found in the Released Maps section.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

infinite sprint sets the energy using to 0 i think, so rolling may still cost stamina. But why don't you add a energy regain. That should do.
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith
Projects :: PS2+PSP Overhaul

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

I made a small script mod that adds more functions to 1.3 Fake Console, but they won't do everything you want. I did add options that upgrades star fighters, so they get unlimited energy and a few other tweaks I've already forgotten about.

When it comes to weapons, any script mods or Fake Console cannot control them. Weapons simply can't be manipulated with Lua in the game engine.

When it comes to weapons you'll have to re-munge a copy of the stock side assets and edit all the weapon odf files and take things like ShotDelay to 0.1 and ReloadTime to 0.1
Gasgano
Recruit Womprat Killer
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Gasgano »

@Anthonybf2
Yes!! I spent a good majority of last night trying out your mod for the 1.3 console. It's wonderful! It's great you have taken the initiative of experimenting with all of the options available. The starfighter upgrade option is fantastic! The infinite boost and the ability to hover in place blew my mind! Thank you so much! I apologize for not checking the released mod section first. I didn't expect such a great new release.

Also weapon assets makes sense now. Does this mean old trainers only effected stock maps? If editing the recharge and reloadtime can only be done by editing scripts, then how could old trainers manage remove overheating mechanic? Maybe I am not certain how trainers work.

@Anakin
Oh my goodness! There is an option that allows energy regeneration? Or something of the sort? Maybe I can finally force jump my Jedi across maps! XD
But yes, rolling and force jumps still consume energy even with Sprint consumption set at 0.
I must have missed the energy regain option.

@Mastermind
Thank you so much for the speedy reply!

You guys rock! Happy New Years!
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith
Projects :: PS2+PSP Overhaul

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

You can edit many more things in the weapon scripts. Anything a memory editing program ("trainers") can do can be replicated with mod tools.