Modding SWBF EA 2015 for pc.

Talk and share anything related to Star Wars Battlefront 2. No maps or mod announcements here. Use Work in Progress forum.

Moderator: Moderators

MikeTheBeast55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: N.A.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF1 SWBF2 LOTR
xbox live or psn: MikeTheeBeast55

Re: Modding SWBF EA 2015 for pc.

Post by MikeTheBeast55 »

If the new Star Wars Battlefront were to be modded, even if it was only hex edits, those would be very interesting to see. What I never understood is why do most game creators not release modding tools? Is it because they feel the modder will claim the work as their own and not give credit to the company for releasing the assets?
TheMastermindOfMaom
Private First Class
Projects :: None.
xbox live or psn: #PCMasterRace

Post by TheMastermindOfMaom »

No,it is because mods and DLC cannot co-exist. One will defeat the other,most of the time mods do. (Sometimes Happens)

And you know what that means! Less money for EA!
Last edited by TheMastermindOfMaom on Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

MikeTheBeast55 wrote:If the new Star Wars Battlefront were to be modded, even if it was only hex edits, those would be very interesting to see. What I never understood is why do most game creators not release modding tools? Is it because they feel the modder will claim the work as their own and not give credit to the company for releasing the assets?
People would be surprised just how broken most development tools are. They're constantly being updated and changed while the games are developed, and they are rarely user friendly. Having had my hands on two or three non-public sets of tools temporarily I can attest to that fact. That coupled with needing to iron out all the legal stuff of releasing tools for free and most teams don't bother. Some don't even own the rights to do so, having used someone else's engine.
TheMastermindOfMaom wrote:No,it is because mods and DLC cannot co-exist. One will defeat the other,most of the time mods do.

*facepalm*
1) Mods and DLC co-exist all the time. Look at games like Fallout 3
2) People need to stop acting like EA is the only company out to make money. They are no worse than any other.
TheMastermindOfMaom
Private First Class

1) Well yeah,but when was the last time you saw EA release mod tools for a game and have dlc too?
2) but...but..it is ea xddd funny meme - some ea hater out there
MikeTheBeast55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by MikeTheBeast55 »

TheMastermindOfMaom wrote:No,it is because mods and DLC cannot co-exist. One will defeat the other,most of the time mods do.

It is not just EA, there are a lot of companies that do or do not release modding tools. All companies want to make lots of money to prove they are better than the other companies.
TheMastermindOfMaom
Private First Class

2obvious4me
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

Teancum wrote: *facepalm*
1) Mods and DLC co-exist all the time. Look at games like Fallout 3
TheMastermindOfMaom wrote:1) Well yeah,but when was the last time you saw EA release mod tools for a game and have dlc too?
"Mods and DLC can co-exist"
"B-b-b-but EA!"

...Ohhh yeah, you did mention that.
TheMastermindOfMaom wrote:2) but...but..it is ea xddd funny meme - some ea hater out there
That "some ea hater" seems to be you, in this case... You're a bit contradictory, you know?

That's not to say EA will release mod tools. They won't. We know that. But it's not just because "it's EA" and it's DEFINITELY not because mods and DLC can't co-exist.
TheMastermindOfMaom
Private First Class

I am not the ''EA is love,EA is life'' guy and I am not the guy that wants to kill EA. I am neutral....sort of

Also I am contradictory in real life. Well... :/

Also I meant ''sometimes'' about the DLC/Mod thing.

Off-Topic:AQT has started a new project!
MikeTheBeast55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by MikeTheBeast55 »

Oh alright, I did not know mod tools change more than once, I always thought mod tools were just released and updated once unless there were many problems in need of fixing. Thanks for the reply Teancum, really appreciate the reply.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

MikeTheBeast55 wrote:Oh alright, I did not know mod tools change more than once, I always thought mod tools were just released and updated once unless there were many problems in need of fixing. Thanks for the reply Teancum, really appreciate the reply.
To be clear, mod tools usually are the same tools the developers use. Dunno if that was confusing or not, but the way I wrote it may have been.
MikeTheBeast55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by MikeTheBeast55 »

I was a little bit confused but thanks for clearing that up Teancum, i really do appreciate your help.
Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: The Sith Wars II

Post by Kingpin »

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/call-o ... 0-6431915/
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Post by Grev »

[RDH]Zerted wrote:
Chadaface wrote:EA/DICE have repeatedly said that they won't release any mod tools for the frostbite engine.
From what I read their build tools are very poorly designed, at least they're designed to exactly fit the hardware setup at their company and it's extremely difficult to get them working outside that environment. One article I read said they said they want to support modding, but words like that are empty promises often ignored, especially if it costs a lot of time and money to do so.
Yep. Some of the devs came up from the BF2 (Battlefield, not Battlefront) modding community, so DICE certainly has, as the very least had, an appreciation for the modding community. It's purely an issue of the tools being inaccessible.