Sol/Mass Effect Mod Error

Talk and share anything related to Star Wars Battlefront 2. No maps or mod announcements here. Use Work in Progress forum.

Moderator: Moderators

epicbro101
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Sol/Mass Effect Mod Error

Post by epicbro101 »

So as most people know, when you download the Sol or Mass Effect when you open the files, its not the three lettered file, but a setup file (that ends with .exe.) And when I try to open it, it asks me what application I would like to use to open it, but no matter what I do, no application worked to open it. Can someone tell me how to fix this issue, it would make me so happy, because I have been trying for like a week already.

EDIT
Now that I think about it, this probably is something I should ask hp not here, for it seems to be a problem with my computer's settings, no the mod itself.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Re: Sol/Mass Effect Mod Error

Post by Marth8880 »

Hello!

Are you absolutely positive you're downloading the files correctly without error and/or interruption? If so (or not so, I suppose), have you tried verifying the file(s)' integrity as explained on the download page(s)? The steps are as follows:

HOW TO VERIFY A FILE'S INTEGRITY USING MD5 CHECKSUMS:
1. Download md5sums, unzip the archive and open the folder.
2. Copy md5sums.exe and paste it into the folder in which MEU's/SOL's installer is located.
3. Drag and drop MEU's/SOL's installer onto md5sums.exe and wait for the program to run.
4. Compare the MD5 sum with the appopriate MD5 Checksum given below. If they are not identical, you need to re-download the MEU/SOL installer - otherwise, the installer's integrity is fine and the installation should run smoothly.

MEU R5's MD5 Checksum: e5a6a402b9d0c78d1f1e38ec3f1d4c2d
SOL R1's MD5 Checksum: a52b2903ebb81714b5cd7ef7617ff2d5