Battlefront 2 Maps Crash

Talk and share anything related to Star Wars Battlefront 2. No maps or mod announcements here. Use Work in Progress forum.

Moderator: Moderators

MikeTheBeast55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: N.A.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF1 SWBF2 LOTR
xbox live or psn: MikeTheeBeast55

Battlefront 2 Maps Crash

Post by MikeTheBeast55 »

Hello everyone in the Star Wars Battlefront 2 modding community, I have been having problems for some maps on my Star Wars Battlefront 2. I tried launching a few maps to record some videos on called Tropicanae, Rise Of The Empire #4 & #5, Republic Commando and a couple other maps but they crashed automatically when they loaded fully. I have checked to make sure that I did not exceed putting in to many mods, made sure I had the most updated official 1.3 patch and made sure my headset was plugged in before launching the game (when I have no headset plugged in the game crashes automatically but it was plugged in so that was not the cause), there was no problem with the files in the folders either, they were not corrupt at all. I read the readme files and they all just said put the three lettered folder in your addon which I did so i am not misreading anything. This is where it gets weird, these maps did work for me at a point and I WAS able to play these maps and now it will not let me do any of those maps. I am not sure if I should uninstall and reinstall the game but if it will fix the problem I will do it, any suggestion would be great, thanks!
ARC1778
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Projects :: WARFRONT + Various Mods for Other Games
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2+RC+RTW MTW NTW
xbox live or psn: AlexisVixie

Re: Battlefront 2 Maps Crash

Post by ARC1778 »

Lower your LoD and lighting settings in video options, the game sometimes crashes if they're too high. Drop em both to the lowest, you can put lod back up after the maps loaded though. Not saying this is your problem, but this could be your problem.
nobody3
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant

Re: Battlefront 2 Maps Crash

Post by nobody3 »

Does it happen on normal maps too? If yes then try enabling your "recording devices" if youre on windows 7 if on anything else look for some recording audio devices to enable. This fixed it for me