Where from a mod perspective is best to buy Battlefront 2?

Talk and share anything related to Star Wars Battlefront 2. No maps or mod announcements here. Use Work in Progress forum.

Moderator: Moderators

ARC1778
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Projects :: WARFRONT + Various Mods for Other Games
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2+RC+RTW MTW NTW
xbox live or psn: AlexisVixie

Where from a mod perspective is best to buy Battlefront 2?

Post by ARC1778 »

I am in a unique position on this forum, I am probably the only person who DOESN'T own Battlefront OR Battlefront 2 on PC! :eek:

So why am I here? Not really relevant, but it's in spoiler if ya really wanna know!
Hidden/Spoiler:
Well I am modder, I've been Modding Rome Total War for years, and can do anything you want in it scripting wise XD, and I've been playing SWBF whenever I've so much as Tripped over a SW action figure in my cupboards (and believe me, that's all too easy to do!), That said, I've never crossed the two over, despite wishing to do so since the second one came out, (I NEED MY ARC TROOPERS Diet Dr. Pepper!) But I was too poor (only 9 when RotS came out) to buy it again, despite having a billion mods for Dawn of War Soul-storm. But now, the time has come!
Basically I'm asking where I should buy it, with the struggles I've seen others have with Steam and Medieval TW 2, and the annoyances of Napoleon TW's Steam Key I had myself, I'm guessing it's right out as a bad idea.

So that leaves us with Ebay for a Pre-owned Disk, or GoG (GoodOldGames), or sailing the high internet for SWBF Booty! Yarrrr.

I shan't pyrate it however, as A. I bought the PS2 copies (All three of them -My first SWBF1 disk broke) Used. So Mr Lucas never got any of my money that way, (Although he's never going to, that said, didn't need the 4Bil he sold it for, so I don't think he'll mind missing out on my royalty fee) so as it's Star Wars I'm happy to Buy it for the fourth, and hopefully, final, time. (Although Lucasfilm and Hasbro got about a million squids in return for Action Figures before I discovered Ebay)

So which option, is best for modding?

P.S.
Hidden/Spoiler:
I have never not paid SOMEONE, for a game -other than gifts-, that said, I'm not opposed to not pay for it under some conditions, I don't like supporting companies like EA, and if it was another pandemic game (May they rest in peace), with no developer or other parties to benefit, I would simply take it, but as Disney (Problematic as they are) are giving us Ep.7 and the Rebel Elite Film -which I am actually MORE excited for BTW, I'll over look almost everything else, almost, not the if you work at Mousechwitz better get tattoo removal, and NEVER for the cancellation of TCW show, but otherwise, anything else.
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith
Projects :: PS2+PSP Overhaul

Re: Where from a mod perspective is best to buy Battlefront

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

I have two copies, both used from Amazon for a few bucks each.
One of them is the older 4 CD, that comes with game build 1.0
The other is the version 1.1 DVD.

I've played them on Windows 7 and XP with the only issue ever was the muffled sound glitch, which is tolerable for me.

I also dislike EA, mostly they always terminate services for games I deeply enjoyed...
Hidden/Spoiler:
NFS Carbon, Most Wanted...
NF2 Underground for PS2, Burnout 3 for PS2...
And next month NFS World goes belly up.
But the SWBF series is something you'll enjoy, and way more than the [Bad Word] console versions, that I have had for ages too. :mrgreen:
MileHighGuy
Jedi
Jedi

Post by MileHighGuy »

I own the CD version, the DVD version, and the steam version and they all work fine for modding purposes. So it's up to you. For the DVD and Steam version you will just have to use the BF2_modtools_DVD debug program found here: https://sites.google.com/site/swbf2modt ... roFiledump

Instead of the one that ships with the mod tools. That and the different install directories is all you have to worry about.
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: Empire Rising
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF Doom FONV
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by TWINKEYRUNAWAY »

In my honest opinion, steam is your best bet. It only costs $10:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/6060

Sometimes it goes on sale for 2.99 if you want to wait. Plus why not set up an account right now? You know there is something called the steam summer sale and a freak(I think almost over 8000 titles) load of other games are on sale right now until tomorrow.
ARC1778
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Projects :: WARFRONT + Various Mods for Other Games
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2+RC+RTW MTW NTW
xbox live or psn: AlexisVixie

Post by ARC1778 »

O-kay Steam it is then! Thank you chaps!