How to ban someone from your game and other server questions

Talk and share anything related to Star Wars Battlefront 2. No maps or mod announcements here. Use Work in Progress forum.

Moderator: Moderators

NightBlader
Recruit Womprat Killer
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

How to ban someone from your game and other server questions

Post by NightBlader »

Hello,

I play SWBF2 on gameranger.
It works pretty well, but there are a lot of low-lives that do nothing but Team kill, spam, and even crash the server.
I can boot them, but it would be nice to ban them - either by username or IP. I am not sure how though. It seems possible because I have tried to join games and every time I have been auto-booted(basically banned).
GameRanger works by setting up a simulated LAN, so that's how I am playing multiplayer.

I am also curious on how to create a server that you don't have to be in for it to run. As it stands, once the host stops playing the server gets closed. I am curious as to how to set up a stand-alone server, like a Minecraft server.

Any help appreciated,

-N_B
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith
Projects :: PS2+PSP Overhaul

Re: How to ban someone from your game and other server quest

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

You need the 1.1 Black Bag Ops server manager, available somewhere on starwarsbattlefront.filefront.com.
After you install the server you must change Gameranger settings to detect the application "swbf2sm.exe"

When you click begin as a GR host it will bring up the server interface and you make your settings and let it run.

You'll need a second GR account and probably another computer if you want to join.

And there is a ton of admin issues on GR.
The PLAYERS tab won't shot correct data because GR prevents traffic from getting to/from the BattlefrontII.exe to the server tool.

Anyway to ban IP on server manager you look at the running server window BattlefrontII.exe and double click it and it brings a small dialogue with current players. You can ban them there.
IP bans only work until the server is stopped or restarted.

You could ban players using the PLAYERS tab but like I said GR bugs it out.
nobody3
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant

Re: How to ban someone from your game and other server quest

Post by nobody3 »

gamemaster is better option to host server by far.. youre going to have problems on gameranger