Modding sides to not have repeated weapons

Talk and share anything related to Star Wars Battlefront 2. No maps or mod announcements here. Use Work in Progress forum.

Moderator: Moderators

AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith
Projects :: PS2+PSP Overhaul

Modding sides to not have repeated weapons

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

This not for a release, just for personal use (simple enough anyone can do it on their own)
I want to fix the stock sides so that each trooper uses a weapon model meant for them, instead of having the same gun model repeated 2 or 3 times for different classes.

Note: before hand, yes I know how to change the guns used by a character.

How ever I'm not really deep into the star wars universe to know enough about what trooper carries what weapons.

I know there are tons of custom weapon models and a nudge in the right direction(what weapon models to pick and use for what units) will be nice. :)

I want to do this:

Dark trooper, and IMP units do not use same pistol
IMP soldier, Dark trooper and engineer do not use same weapon
Rebel engineer and Bothan do not use same weapon
Rebel units do not use same pistol
Clone units do not use same pistol
Clone soldier and engineer do not use same primary
Jango's actual pistol model instead of one carried by droid units
Magnaguard and CIS engineer, and marines do not use same gun
Han and Leia do not use same guns
Is there a unique bow caster for Chewbacca? I Kinda don't want it to match regular Wookiees

What I'm fine with:
Officer units having the same mortar launcher, same grenade models, detpack models, and secondary throwing weapons don't have to be changed and such things.
Eaol
Major
Major
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and Warframe

Re: Modding sides to not have repeated weapons

Post by Eaol »

This is a thing I'm addressing in a project I'm working on. The shotgun thing was ridiculous - you'd have maybe 3 or 4 units on a team using the same E-11 blaster rifle model for a rifle, a shotgun, an arc caster, etc. I'm not sure there are any hard rules for what unit carries what weapons, since most of the classes are just game mechanics-related anyway. For me, if it balances and looks good, I try it. ^^

I think there are a few alternate bowcaster models on GT, but I'm not sure where. I know for sure I saw them in a pack somewhere.

Also, both the rebel shotgun and rebel incinerator use the same model, despite that model not originally being associated with either weapon (it doesn't even have a muzzle, they just slapped a muzzle flash in front of it).
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith
Projects :: PS2+PSP Overhaul

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

So far I found an actual sporting blaster for Leia, the Ion blaster for Jawa and an arc caster for the dark trooper.
ARC1778
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Projects :: WARFRONT + Various Mods for Other Games
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2+RC+RTW MTW NTW
xbox live or psn: AlexisVixie

Post by ARC1778 »

Well for the most part, Clone troopers didn't have pistols at all! They should have carbines, although I agree using the stock rifle for shotguns is silly and anti-lore. Formal armies (CIS, EMPIRE, and GAR) would be issued with the same weapons in each type.