Loading Times

Talk and share anything related to Star Wars Battlefront 2. No maps or mod announcements here. Use Work in Progress forum.

Moderator: Moderators

RealRece
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Any Star Wars Game
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Loading Times

Post by RealRece »

Hi guys! I've been browsing this site for a little while now, and I have a question. I've timed how long it takes to load a map for me in BF2, and each time it comes to around three minutes and thirty seconds... (3:30)
I've tried lowering the graphics to the lowest possible, and that still doesn't help. I have mods installed of course, things like Dark Time 2, Conversion Pack, etc... Even when I uninstall the mods, the game still loads slowly.
And here's what might be the game changer, I'm on a Mac. I play the game via Steam, so idk if that affects anything. It's weird because every other Star Wars game that I have on my computer runs amazingly (This game runs perfectly in-game too). It's just the loading time that are killing me!
Anyone know a fix to this? Thank you for your time!
Noobasaurus
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Re: Loading Times

Post by Noobasaurus »

What are your computer specs?
RealRece

Post by RealRece »

Noobasaurus wrote:What are your computer specs?

Oh my bad, I forgot to add these :)

I'll just try and name whatever I can honestly, because I think since it's a Mac, everything's going to be quite different:

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
Chipset Model: ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro
Type: GPU
Resolution: 1920 x 1200 (Although I play the game in 1024x768)
RAM: I think it's 4 GB (or 256MB VRAM idk)
Space left on my computer (If this matters) 250GB
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith
Projects :: PS2+PSP Overhaul

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

This might be because of your amount of memory (RAM)

I have a 2004, or 2005 era Dell laptop and it has about 1.5GB of RAM, it takes swbf2 a very long time to load maps, and usually times out when trying to join multiplayer sessions. I sped up the game loading by a bit by increase the memory to 2Gb, which was the most that computer allowed I think, at that point it loaded fast enough to join servers but was still pretty slow.

If you have 2GB or more of RAM, you should be able to play the game fine. I have about 3gb on my main computer and the game loads levels in about 15 seconds.

Check your RAM, if you don't know go to Google and search for free software that can tell you about your hardware.
RealRece

Post by RealRece »

I have 4GB of RAM on my mac. Idk if there's any way to allocate more of it to BF2 or something on a Mac.