V1.1 not working [Solved]

Talk and share anything related to Star Wars Battlefront 2. No maps or mod announcements here. Use Work in Progress forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

V1.1 not working [Solved]

Post by Anakin »

Hi,

i'm really surprised. I just installed the international v1.1 patch
http://starwarsbattlefront.filefront.co ... onal;57009

Before i could start the game without dvd directly from
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\BattlefrontII.exe

But now it says it misses the cd/dvd even when i insert it. So i'm pretty sure that i took the wrong patch, but as far as i know there are only the International English CD-ROM Patch, the v1.1 Patch [US] and the v1.1 Patch [International].
So what did i wrong. I always played just the v1.0 with the inofficial v1.3 patch, but i wanted to get the right names displayed, so i wanted to install the patch and now it's not working :runaway:
Last edited by Anakin on Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
jedimoose32
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: Engineering Degree

Re: V1.1 not working

Post by jedimoose32 »

Did you uninstall the 1.3 unofficial patch before installing the 1.1 update?
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

Oops no i didn't
jedimoose32
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: Engineering Degree

Post by jedimoose32 »

Does the 1.1 patch work now with 1.3 temporarily uninstalled?
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

I haven't test it now. But the v1.3 features were disabled, when i installed the v1.1 patch. To fix that i reinstalled 1.3 and copyed the bf exe from the DVD back on my pc. :-) i'll have a look at it at the weekend
AceMastermind
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AceMastermind »

The 1.1 Patch and 1.3 shell mod are two entirely different things, the game does not rely on 1.3 to work. I never felt comfortable with "patch" being used with 1.2 or 1.3 due to possible confusion that could stem from it. The 1.1 Patch swaps out the original BattlefrontII.exe for an updated one. If the game won't launch after updating to 1.1 with any of them, even with the disc inserted then it sounds like a hardware compatibility issue which SecuROM can fix for you within 24 hours (Mon - Fri). They will send you a new 1.1 BattlefrontII.exe that works with your hardware configuration.
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff
Projects :: Bos Wars AI - a RTS game
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and Bos Wars
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

In hind sight you're right about "patch" being a poor name, but I couldn't come up with anything better. It does act like a patch. It was meant to fix short comings with the shell.

Anakin, you didn't do anything wrong. Lots of people have problems updating to v1.1. If you can't work with SecuROM, try some of the version switchers utilities.

v1.3 won't stop any official patches from being applied. But the official patches overwrite a few files v1.3 uses, so people should reinstall v1.3 after patch. It's safe to install v1.3 on top of itself. There's no need to uninstall it beforehand.
Marvel4
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel
Projects :: Marvel4s BF1 Conversion Pack + Era Mod

Post by Marvel4 »

Get the patch from here. I recently installed Battlefront II on another PC and the patch from filefront caused the issue you have. The one from the official site works.
AceMastermind
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AceMastermind »

The archive file sizes are quite different (28.4 vs 57.6) for the BFIIUpdateInt1_1.exe, but this could be the compression type used (haven't checked). Maybe someone could do a before & after system snapshot to see what each one installs. Resource Hacker is showing identical version info for both though.

The one from the official site works.
I have 2 computers, one bought in 2004 and one bought in 2009. The domestic 1.1 patch from the old LucasArts website installed and worked fine on my old computer, but had the same problem Anakin has with his, on my newer computer. SecuROM was the solution to this problem.
I eventually bought a digital copy from Steam which comes prepatched and requires no disc, this works on both computers without any hassle.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

Marvel4 wrote:Get the patch from here. I recently installed Battlefront II on another PC and the patch from filefront caused the issue you have. The one from the official site works.
Thank you that worked for me. I just uninstalled BF2, reinstalled, installed the v1.1 patch from your download, than the v1.3, BFX, BFDT, all the other addons, and at the end SweetFX.

All is working now and i can see the correct names :D
batu222
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: V1.1 not working [Solved]

Post by batu222 »

Yes ! Finally !!

Thanks for these posts ! For sure it should be at the top of the forum.