All-Purpose Request Thread (Mk. IV)

Talk and share anything related to Star Wars Battlefront 2. No maps or mod announcements here. Use Work in Progress forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Oceans14
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Projects :: Athenova Campaign
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Re: All-Purpose Request Thread (Mk. IV)

Post by Oceans14 »

Long shot, but was a CR-20 model like the one AceMastermind was working on in this thread or the one MandeRek mentioned in this thread ever released? Both posts are way old but I figured I'd ask anyway :)
MDPtoaster
Private Third Class
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by MDPtoaster »

Ok so I was messing with my side mod and implemented ggctuk's DC15A Blaster Rifle and used it to replace the standard clone blaster rifle, the only problem is that it is off center and doesn't fit in the clone's hands properly in 1st or third person.
I was hoping someone with some spare time or the knowledge could fix that or direct me towards a means of doing so myself.
(No the -scale option doesn't fix it either)
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

MDPtoaster wrote:Ok so I was messing with my side mod and implemented ggctuk's DC15A Blaster Rifle and used it to replace the standard clone blaster rifle, the only problem is that it is off center and doesn't fit in the clone's hands properly in 1st or third person.
I was hoping someone with some spare time or the knowledge could fix that or direct me towards a means of doing so myself.
Odd since the mesh was made to the stock rifle's scale. Can you send a screenshot of the issue?
MDPtoaster
Private Third Class

Post by MDPtoaster »

ggctuk wrote:
MDPtoaster wrote:Ok so I was messing with my side mod and implemented ggctuk's DC15A Blaster Rifle and used it to replace the standard clone blaster rifle, the only problem is that it is off center and doesn't fit in the clone's hands properly in 1st or third person.
Odd since the mesh was made to the stock rifle's scale. Can you send a screenshot of the issue?
Sure thing, now what you should notice is that the issue is not very apparent in 3rd person:
However in 1st person it makes me sad because the model looks so nice:

The same thing happens with the other gun variants too, my theory is that its just positioned too far forwards and slightly too high up, maybe the origin on the stock rifle and this mod are slightly off from each other.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

It's possible, but TBH I think there's a bit of an issue with stock animations for the rifles anyway when it comes to the FPM views. That seems to be more of a need for an animation change than anything else.
MDPtoaster
Private Third Class

Post by MDPtoaster »

ggctuk wrote:It's possible, but TBH I think there's a bit of an issue with stock animations for the rifles anyway when it comes to the FPM views. That seems to be more of a need for an animation change than anything else.
That may be the case, but it seems a bit much to make custom animations, maybe moving the origin further towards the rear end of the gun would be a quick fix.
SnakeEyesRaw
Private
Projects :: Various personal side mods
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 - JKA - KotOR

Post by SnakeEyesRaw »

Hello everyone,

I need some help. My insistent little brother keeps asking me on Discord if I can make a mod to make the battle droids black and red for him. I haven't the slightest as to how to create side mods, so I thought I'd turn to you guys. If it's not too much trouble, could someone quickly put together a CIS side mod based on these example images I've made with him? If this would be a particularly time-consuming thing, I'd be willing to compensate someone a bit for helping me out. I'm kind of a sucker for this kid. As far as I can tell the designs aren't very complicated, but again, I'm not knowledgeable on modding.

He wants all droid models to have a black base, with the Super Battle Droid and Assassin Droid to have red accents as pictured. He wants the regular accent colors to remain on the other droid models, just with a black base, so for example the Assault Droid with the red shoulder highlight or the Engineer with the yellow highlight, but the body itself is black. He wants to be able to play with them in space, too, so the pilot and marine are also requested.

Here are the example images the two of us came up with together: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iK2RO ... EmJ2Z0dI9b

Any help would be greatly appreciated. With as many Battlefront II things as he requests of me these days, I'm considering learning how to do it myself.

Thanks so much guys.
mstrduff
Projects :: No Mod project currently.

Commission - SWBF2 Halo Mod - Space Battle Needed

Post by mstrduff »

I am working on a project with JimmyAngler to update his Battlefront: Halation mod. It is a mod that incorporates the Halo universe into SWBF2 game play.

I have no mod experience and am handling planning, including outsourcing things to move the project along.

While JimmyAngler works on the main maps, weapons, and unit models, we are looking for someone to join the team and work on space battles for the mod.

Your name would be credited in the mod, but JimmyAngler would have full rights to the finished product and full control of its public release.

This is a commission based project so you would be paid for your work.

I would need to see an example of a space battle mod that you have done (or a vehicle mod in general) and if approved we can establish your responsibilities and your pay for achieving the assigned tasks. If the process goes well we may ask to work with you again on more space battles or other vehicle based additions to the mod.

Thanks
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

Can't do a paid mod, that breaks about 100 rules here, game EULAs, etc. Property owners will absolutely shut that down.
mstrduff

Post by mstrduff »

The mod is free to play. Why would I not be able to compensate someone for using there time to make me something? I didn't see anything about that on the rules page. If you could please point out where it talks about it, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

Because it's an owned IP. You'll find difficulty finding any major sites that will support paid modders unless it's a totally original idea. It's very much a point of contention with businesses, so I will say that even if we haven't written it so succinctly in the rules that Gametoast doesn't support it.
mstrduff

Post by mstrduff »

Fair use state copyright material can be used if it is trans-formative, non-profit, and doesn't cause harm to the marketability of the original product which is why Microsoft was okay with the mod community using their models in GTA 4 & GTA 5. All of our models are from scratch. I doubt EULA would have an issue with us modding their concepts into a 14 year old game. As for payment, if the site doesn't support that, that's fine. I also accepting volunteers with modding experience who would be interested in working on a space battle project.

Thanks
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

To be clear, I'm just trying to protect the site from any possible harm. I don't have anything against it personally, and really publishers have become more relaxed with it in recent years, but I don't own the site, just help run it. So I have to err on the side of caution.
SnakeEyesRaw
Private

Post by SnakeEyesRaw »

Would someone please link me to or quickly throw together a regular Conquest-mode Mustafar (Empire vs CIS) map and Kamino (Empire vs Phase I Clones) map? My little brother wants to play these outside of campaign and I don't know how to make these. Thank you in advance.
commanderawesome
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: Skin Changer - Warfront - Other stuff
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF SWTOR KotOR EaW
xbox live or psn: AaTc_CmdrAwesome

Post by commanderawesome »

Here you go: https://www.mediafire.com/file/w6ldu31d ... s.zip/file

Same sides as the original missions, just with some minor edits for the sake of balance and playability. Works as an era mod.
SnakeEyesRaw
Private

Post by SnakeEyesRaw »

commanderawesome wrote:Here you go: https://www.mediafire.com/file/w6ldu31d ... s.zip/file

Same sides as the original missions, just with some minor edits for the sake of balance and playability. Works as an era mod.
Thank you so much! He is having a blast playing these as we speak. I greatly appreciate your help, it's exactly what he wanted.
Sporadia
Corporal
Corporal
Projects :: No Mod project currently
Games I'm Playing :: None

Post by Sporadia »

I've recently made a list of all the stock sound effects and streams which are munged directly into the world lvls eg. sound\\tat.lvl. The majority have been ripped by Marth8880 and THEWULFMAN already but there are few sounds (mainly emt streams) that I don't think anyone has ripped yet.

Can anybody rip these for PC?
(I'm putting the file location in like ..\yav\effects\ which indicates this sound needs to be ripped from sound\\yav.lvl)

Streams
Hidden/Spoiler:
..\end\streams\sfx_amb_ewokHorn_01_PL2.wav
..\end\streams\sfx_amb_ewokHorn_02_PL2.wav
..\end\streams\sfx_amb_ewokHorn_03_PL2.wav
..\mus\streams\Amb_MustLavaDist01_PL2.wav
..\spa\streams\Amb_SpaceImpHngr01_PL2.wav
..\spa\streams\Amb_SpaceImpCntrl01_PL2.wav
..\spa\streams\Amb_SpaceClassic01_PL2.wav
..\spa\streams\Amb_SpaceCISHngr01_PL2.wav
..\spa\streams\Amb_SpaceCISCntrl01_PL2.wav
..\spa\streams\Amb_SpacePrequel01_PL2.wav
..\spa\streams\Amb_SpaceRebCntrl01_PL2.wav
..\spa\streams\Amb_SpaceRebHngr01_PL2.wav
..\spa\streams\amb_engineroom_lp_PL2.wav
Quadraphonic
Hidden/Spoiler:
..\end\streams\sfx_amb_ewokHorn_01_fnt.wav
..\end\streams\sfx_amb_ewokHorn_01_bck.wav
..\end\streams\sfx_amb_ewokHorn_02_fnt.wav
..\end\streams\sfx_amb_ewokHorn_02_bck.wav
..\end\streams\sfx_amb_ewokHorn_03_fnt.wav
..\end\streams\sfx_amb_ewokHorn_03_bck.wav
..\kam\streams\amb_kaminoRainstorm_fnt.wav
..\kam\streams\amb_kaminoRainstorm_bck.wav
..\mus\streams\Amb_MustLavaDist01_fnt.wav
..\mus\streams\Amb_MustLavaDist01_bck.wav
..\spa\streams\Amb_SpaceRebHngr01_fnt.wav
..\spa\streams\Amb_SpaceRebHngr01_bck.wav
..\spa\streams\Amb_SpaceRebCntrl01_fnt.wav
..\spa\streams\Amb_SpaceRebCntrl01_bck.wav
..\spa\streams\Amb_SpacePrequel01_fnt.wav
..\spa\streams\Amb_SpacePrequel01_bck.wav
..\spa\streams\Amb_SpaceImpHngr01_fnt.wav
..\spa\streams\Amb_SpaceImpHngr01_bck.wav
..\spa\streams\Amb_SpaceImpCntrl01_fnt.wav
..\spa\streams\Amb_SpaceImpCntrl01_bck.wav
..\spa\streams\Amb_SpaceClassic01_fnt.wav
..\spa\streams\Amb_SpaceClassic01_bck.wav
..\spa\streams\Amb_SpaceCISCntrl01_fnt.wav
..\spa\streams\Amb_SpaceCISCntrl01_bck.wav
..\spa\streams\Amb_SpaceCISHngr01_fnt.wav
..\spa\streams\Amb_SpaceCISHngr01_bck.wav
..\spa\streams\amb_engineroom_lp_fnt.wav
..\spa\streams\amb_engineroom_lp_bck.wav
Effects
Hidden/Spoiler:
..\kas\effects\emt_gentle_lapping_wtr_lp.wav
These ones I don't really need because they're PS2 exclusive, but I'll post what they are for the sake of completionism.

PS2 Effects
Hidden/Spoiler:
..\yav\effects\em2_telemetry_temple_lp01.wav
..\yav\effects\em2_telemetry_temple_lp02.wav
..\geo\effects\crt2_geonosian_chatter_04.wav
..\geo\effects\crt2_geonosian_death.wav
..\geo\effects\crt2_geonosian_hurt.wav
..\hot\effects\em2_orbitalBombardment_02.wav
..\hot\effects\em2_orbitalBombardment_01.wav
..\hot\effects\mv2_tauntaun_run_snow_L01.wav
..\hot\effects\mv2_tauntaun_run_snow_L02.wav
..\hot\effects\mv2_tauntaun_run_snow_R01.wav
..\hot\effects\mv2_tauntaun_run_snow_R02.wav
..\hot\effects\crt2_taun-taun_death.wav
..\hot\effects\crt2_taun-taun_grunt_01.wav
..\hot\effects\crt2_taun-taun_grunt_02.wav
..\hot\effects\crt2_taun-taun_grunt_03.wav
..\hot\effects\crt2_taun-taun_grunt_04.wav
..\hot\effects\crt2_taun-taun_hurt.wav
..\kas\effects\em2_gentle_lapping_wtr_lp.wav
..\tat\effects\em2_waterVaporator_lp01.wav
..\tat\effects\crt2_jawa_chatter_01.wav
..\tat\effects\crt2_jawa_chatter_02.wav
..\tat\effects\crt2_jawa_chatter_03.wav
..\tat\effects\crt2_jawa_chatter_04.wav
..\tat\effects\crt2_jawa_chatter_05.wav
..\tat\effects\crt2_jawa_chatter_06.wav
..\tat\effects\crt2_jawa_death.wav
..\tat\effects\crt2_jawa_hurt.wav
I'm also looking for the global stream emt_waterfall_lp.wav because I think it got remunged into Naboo and Yavin 4's sound lvls. ie it appears in their .stm files for some reason so I don't know whether I'll need it yet.

The only other sound that's missing is the cantina ambient sound. But I'm not going to ask for that because it's clearly copywritten music and probably pushing the limits of what we can post here. I don't have any idea how to rip audio myself. I thought it might be more interesting to try remaking some of these sounds instead but I got about 4 days into the first one and realised I don't have the free space on my computer to run Audacity effectively so I gave up (I'm also new to it. I managed like some wind, a load of impact sounds which were more like basketball hits and a very crackly sci-fi hum that I was slowly polishing. So I was kind of close to giving up anyway). If anyone is able to remake some of these sounds then that works too but it's probably easier just to rip the stock ones. The only thing I don't really like is using sounds from other games. I want to get in the habit of completely remunging each world's sound lvl whenever I do sound mods because it's more reliable than having multiple ReadDataFile() commands, so that's why I'm asking for this. And with these rips on top of Rend's tutorial and Marth's thread on the sticky, that should be enough to change all the music and put every diegetic sound in the game. Only thing left to figure out would be shell sounds and galactic conquest.
AdmiralVanier

Post by AdmiralVanier »

Not sure this is possible, but I was hoping that I could adjust the "Clone Wars Extended" mod that contains custom sides and premade maps from various map creators. The author of the mod has not been online since July of 2019, and as such I expect no reply. Many of these maps, when launched, crash the game. As such I want to remove those, or at least remove the maps and sides I do want into my own pack for only my personal use.

Can anyone help with the explanation on how to do so, if possible.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated, and I pour out all my thanks ahead of time.

Thank you,
-AdmiralVanier
RomanusDrevo
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 2

Post by RomanusDrevo »

Anyone know of models/skins for Zeb, Ahsoka, Old Rex, Kanan and Ezra as they appeared in seasons 3 and 4, and Agent Kallus? I haven't been able to find anything along those lines, though I have seen screenshots that show such models, so I know they're out there, somewhere.
RedHardcore
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Games I'm Playing :: StarWarsBattlefront2

Post by RedHardcore »

Has anyone managed to remove the 500 mission limit in 2021, or is there such mod that exists? I've probably asked this years ago. Thought I'd ask again in 2021.