Connection To Host Lost???

Talk and share anything related to Star Wars Battlefront 2. No maps or mod announcements here. Use Work in Progress forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Foxtail496

Connection To Host Lost???

Post by Foxtail496 »

Ok, for the first time in like 6 months I decided to play Battlefront 2 again, i re-installed it, loaded up xfire, the whole package. Once I started up the game i tried to get online. First I tried to get to Jedi Battle Arena. I clicked the name, and my screen went black for a minute or so. Finally the picture appeared and I could see the red bar slowly filling up... once it filled up, it took a few seconds for it to load the actual game, but it never actually go to the game! A pop up said "Connection To Host Lost".

Ive checked all my firewall settings, my norton product and all that stuff, and its not blocking the game. Could my game be running to slow?

Ahhh! Plz Help soon!

-Foxtail
Frisbeetarian
Jedi
Jedi

Re: Connection To Host Lost???

Post by Frisbeetarian »

Could you connect to multiplayer before? Check the Trouble document for help first.
Master of Stickmen
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set
Location: In your ear, pretending to be that voice in your head you call your "concience".

Post by Master of Stickmen »

It could be your internet connection. Is it wired or wireless?
Foxtail496

Post by Foxtail496 »

Frisbeetarian wrote:Could you connect to multiplayer before? Check the Trouble document for help first.
yes, i can connect to multiplayer, but i just cant seem to get to a server...

Master of Stickmen wrote:It could be your internet connection. Is it wired or wireless?
its wifi, but it works fine with internet connection and all, and i used to play this game like 5 months before, and we still have the same router... so it should work fine...

Don't double post, use the edit button instead ~Staff
Frisbeetarian
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Frisbeetarian »

Foxtail496 wrote:yes, i can connect to multiplayer, but i just cant seem to get to a server...
Sorry, a little miscommunication there. I knew what you said, and I didn't consider that connecting. You said that you picked up the game after 6 months, and I am wondering whether or not you had this problem on the same computer before (I know you just said it worked, but is the computer the same).

My second point still stands. They didn't pay people to write that document just for end users to ignore it. Go look over the Trouble document and then come back here if nothing from there works.

For example, I know that my laptop sometimes has the issue you describe, and when I look at the aforementioned document I see this for its graphics card:
· You may receive a “Connection to Host Lost” message when attempting to join Multiplayer games.