Infinite Mods team

Talk and share anything related to Star Wars Battlefront 2. No maps or mod announcements here. Use Work in Progress forum.

Moderator: Moderators

DarthD.U.C.K.
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Re: Infinite Mods team

Post by DarthD.U.C.K. »

yeah, i dont believe anybody joins a team just to get orders assigned
Eggman
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: Battlefront Chronicles

Post by Eggman »

AQT wrote:
Gen.Kenobi wrote:Off-topic: Sorry but as a mod team, there's a mod leader that assign orders...if you don't know how to work with a leader ordering you, don't enter in any teams.
Woah, woah! Hold on! Assign orders? Don't you mean ask nicely? The key word after all is team.
I guess I'm just adding to the general consensus by now, but my thoughts exactly. It's good to have a leader who organizes things and divides duties, but that doesn't mean the leader should go around bluntly telling people what to do. Whether it's intended or not, there's a big difference between asking and telling. Example:

Team Leader: "Hey Eggman, could you reskin some objects for me?"
Eggman: "Sure thing!"

Team Leader: "Hey Eggman, reskin those objects for me."
Eggman: "Fat chance."
Fierfek
High General
High General
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set
Location: Somewhere in the Galaxy (Most Likely Scrapping Tinnies)

Post by Fierfek »

Another example:

Leader: Hey par, would it be possible for you to remove the death regions and collision from my map? Thanks.
Par3210: Ok, I'll get right on it!

or....

Leader: I will upload 2 maps to megafileupload soon, and you will remove death regions and collision.
Par3210: Get lost.

@ Labj - We would much rather be asked than ordered. It just makes everything less stressful and friendly.
vegati
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer
Location: At Gametoast.com enjoyin some fresh salmon jerky. Mmmmmm.

Post by vegati »

Eggman wrote:
AQT wrote:
Gen.Kenobi wrote:Off-topic: Sorry but as a mod team, there's a mod leader that assign orders...if you don't know how to work with a leader ordering you, don't enter in any teams.
Woah, woah! Hold on! Assign orders? Don't you mean ask nicely? The key word after all is team.
I guess I'm just adding to the general consensus by now, but my thoughts exactly. It's good to have a leader who organizes things and divides duties, but that doesn't mean the leader should go around bluntly telling people what to do. Whether it's intended or not, there's a big difference between asking and telling. Example:

Team Leader: "Hey Eggman, could you reskin some objects for me?"
Eggman: "Sure thing!"

Team Leader: "Hey Eggman, reskin those objects for me."
Eggman: "Fat chance."
lol :funny2: Eggman, you're funny. But seriously, you shouldn't TELL people to do something. You should ASK them to. We can all leave whenever we feel like it. You're not the only one who has a life and we don't come here to be pushed around and be ORDERED to do stuff. If you want to act like that then you might as well do the mod yourself. Then you can order yourself around to your hearts content.
Nihillo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Nihillo »

Alright alright! I think everybody got the point by now, sheesh. Seriously, it's not that big of a deal.
Labj
Sith
Sith
Games I'm Playing :: Halo 4
xbox live or psn: SiulS2409

Post by Labj »

Par3210 wrote:you're not going to get them being like that... and you tried to order me to do the maps in your PM... :roll:
Labj's PM wrote:I will upload the two maps soon to a megafileupload, you will move death regions and collision.
Doesn't sound very nice, does it. Remember we are helping out of the goodness of our hearts so please don't boss us around (well don't boss me around at least, please)
Very funny, would you like to get a job and being sent to a desk standing there without a work assigned and without gaining money ? Uhn?? No, right, i am telling people what they will do for the mod, the users joined because they wnat to be part of it, and work for it, i will not let them there waiting to do something, and from the nowhere the mod releases and they say: " what??! i never did something.

On-topic: A modeler...what kinda of things would the modeler model?
Vehicles, wepons, objects, assets.
Fierfek wrote:
Labj wrote:And coders and animators
What do you mean by "coders"?
There are other scripts, not just ODF and LUA.
AQT wrote:
I said " you will move collision and death region" not "you have to do this or you will be out od the team!!" Diferent, there is no need for a conflict here.
Par3210 wrote:

On-topic: A modeler...what kinda of things would the modeler model?
You don't have to be horrible though, and you don't have to ORDER them. If Labj you keep acting like this I'll just leave it. :x
Thank you, AQT, for stating the point.
You cant leave, as i said before " you cant leave if you are working in a mod with the team"
DarthD.U.C.K. wrote:yeah, i dont believe anybody joins a team just to get orders assigned
They can share their ideas too.

There is no need to a conflict here, if you want to join, there we are.

And Par, didnt said that before, if he would said that by PM this would be corrected, everybody has to learn, even staffs, me, you... everyone, this shouldnt be discussed more, or this will get bigger.
Fierfek
High General
High General

Post by Fierfek »

Labj wrote:You cant leave, as i said before " you cant leave if you are working in a mod with the team"
Woah, have you asked the staff about that? I'm not sure if your allowed to tell us we can't leave.
Labj
Sith
Sith

Post by Labj »

The staffs didnt said anything before, every staff readed, if they want to say something about that, then you are free, and i will remove it, but i think that that gives more order in the team, because evrybody would leave in "X" situation.
Par3210
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Par3210 »

exactly. And you DID say "you will move death regions and collisions" as it is in my PM and staff can check if they want to.
Labj, I do not mean anything, just tone down on the "i'm-the-leader-i-will-order-people-to-do-stuff" kinda thing ok? And "not allowed to leave the team" is false because anyone can leave when they want. You can't stop them. They'll just go.
Labj
Sith
Sith

Post by Labj »

Par3210 wrote:exactly. And you DID say "you will move death regions and collisions" as it is in my PM and staff can check if they want to.
Labj, I do not mean anything, just tone down on the "i'm-the-leader-i-will-order-people-to-do-stuff" kinda thing ok? And "not allowed to leave the team" is false because anyone can leave when they want. You can't stop them. They'll just go.

As i said before, this may not be discussed anymore, or it can get bigger, stop.
Last edited by Labj on Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Par3210
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Par3210 »

fine, but I will complain about this if I hear anyone being bossed about in this team. Not just me, everyone in the team.
Labj
Sith
Sith

Post by Labj »

No, wait, this has being solved by PM.
Par3210
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Par3210 »

yeah, me and Labj have cleared it up now.
Labj
Sith
Sith

Post by Labj »

For good, there is no need to close now staff, thanks.

RULE CLARIFIED
Par3210
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Par3210 »

labj, when your rules say you cannot join if you are in two teams does that mean I cannot join? Because I'm working with yukisuna too as well as you.
Labj
Sith
Sith

Post by Labj »

I mean that you cant be working in two teams at once, so like in the first rule: "You are free to finish your mod" :mrgreen:
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Battlefront Zer0
Games I'm Playing :: SWTOR

Post by MandeRek »

I just wanted to say, I laughed my butt off reading this topic!

Anyhow, about the maps.. No offensive, this is just some tips:

-Make difference in terain. You do use different textures, but it has no real variant
-Include more objects, effects, dome models etc. to add to the ambiance. The map looks standard now
-You could add far more objects closer to each other to get a nicer gameplay

Again, just tips man. And don't make this too big with plans and all, believe me, start small and just expand what you've got everytime.. That's better than doing 300 things at a time (you can't :P )
Fierfek
High General
High General

Post by Fierfek »

MandeRek wrote:I just wanted to say, I laughed my butt off reading this topic!

-Make difference in terain. You do use different textures, but it has no real variant
-Include more objects, effects, dome models etc. to add to the ambiance. The map looks standard now

Again, just tips man. And don't make this too big with plans and all, believe me, start small and just expand what you've got everytime.. That's better than doing 300 things at a time (you can't :P )
It's smaller than it looks. I've played Mandalore, and at first I thought it looked huge from the pics, but it's actually pretty good, and a very good map for Mandalore.
Labj
Sith
Sith

Post by Labj »

MandeRek wrote:I just wanted to say, I laughed my butt off reading this topic!

Who said that ?? we just started, and the first members agreed that the terrains was awesome.

Haha, your post remembered me this:

"I was going to tell you something so funny that your butt was going to fall because of the laghing, but when i saw you from behing, i noticed that you were told al ready"
Nihillo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Nihillo »

@Fierfek: Mande is referring to the size of the project, not the maps. :P