Scared of uninstalling SWBF2 because of a problem

Talk and share anything related to Star Wars Battlefront 2. No maps or mod announcements here. Use Work in Progress forum.

Moderator: Moderators

elitetrooper1999
3rd Warning
3rd Warning
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Scared of uninstalling SWBF2 because of a problem

Post by elitetrooper1999 »

onece i downloaded dark times it said i had to many maps i delete.but i downloaded extream and bfx i uninstall everything is still ther then i delete then uninstall still ther so if i bie swbf2 will everything be in the new one after uninstalling all mods maps.

Topic subject renamed, -Staff
Par3210
Jedi
Jedi

Re: scared

Post by Par3210 »

elitetrooper1999 wrote:onece i downloaded dark times it said i had to many maps i delete.but i downloaded extream and bfx i uninstall everything is still ther then i delete then uninstall still ther so if i bie swbf2 will everything be in the new one after uninstalling all mods maps.
first off did you buy battlefront or download it? If you downloaded swbf2 then dark times and bfx won't work, I think.
Have you downloaded many other maps?
I would recommend reinstalling, then get one mod first, then another, not getting all of them in quick succesion. For instance start off with Dark Times. When you get bored, MAKE a folder on your desktop for your mod maps to go in to. When you want to get BFX plop dark times into that folder you made to keep it safe. Nothing will happen to your game unless you get too many mod maps. Just use that folder and take out your mod maps from addon and put them in there to store them. Think of it as a bank. You can only play up to 10 mod maps in your addon. So if you've got more that's why the message is coming up.

EDIT2: Also if you have too many "big mods" such as +123, +123 v2.1, +123 v2.2, BFX, Conversion Pack, Dark Times, KoTOR, having too many of these can wreck the compatibility. Such as having +123 and the Conversion Pack, I think, but not sure. I'll check for you now.
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff
Projects :: Bos Wars AI - a RTS game
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and Bos Wars

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

First off, you need to type better. I'm not sure what you are asking or saying.

You should uninstall/delete everything you installed/added. Install SWBF2 then the v1.1 patch. Install the Conversion Pack and its update. The Conversion Pack includes the v1.3 patch, which is what tells you when you've gone over SWBF2's addon mission limit. Next, add/remove whatever other mods you want to play. Whenever you get the 'too many missions' message, just remove one of the mods you haven't played in a while until the message goes away. Do not remove the addon\AAA-v1.3patch folder, as that is required for the mission limit checking to work.

The limit is a mission limit, not a addon folder limit. You can have many more then 10 folders in the addon folder. Only missions count. One folder may contain hundreds of missions. The Conversion Pack has somewhere around 300 missions in its single folder. I think the game's mission limit is somewhere around 500 missions.

A CD/DVD/downloaded copy of SWBF2 should work the same as any other copy. If you already bought SWBF2, you don't need to buy another copy.
elitetrooper1999
3rd Warning
3rd Warning

Par3210 wrote:
elitetrooper1999 wrote:onece i downloaded dark times it said i had to many maps i delete.but i downloaded extream and bfx i uninstall everything is still ther then i delete then uninstall still ther so if i bie swbf2 will everything be in the new one after uninstalling all mods maps.
first off did you buy battlefront or download it? If you downloaded swbf2 then dark times and bfx won't work, I think.
Have you downloaded many other maps?
I would recommend reinstalling, then get one mod first, then another, not getting all of them in quick succesion. For instance start off with Dark Times. When you get bored, MAKE a folder on your desktop for your mod maps to go in to. When you want to get BFX plop dark times into that folder you made to keep it safe. Nothing will happen to your game unless you get too many mod maps. Just use that folder and take out your mod maps from addon and put them in there to store them. Think of it as a bank. You can only play up to 10 mod maps in your addon. So if you've got more that's why the message is coming up.

EDIT2: Also if you have too many "big mods" such as +123, +123 v2.1, +123 v2.2, BFX, Conversion Pack, Dark Times, KoTOR, having too many of these can wreck the compatibility. Such as having +123 and the Conversion Pack, I think, but not sure. I'll check for you now.
so i bied it there will be no maps or mods in there because i deleted all maps and mods and the old swbf 2
elitetrooper1999
3rd Warning
3rd Warning

Re: Scared of uninstalling SWBF2 because of a problem

im saying i delete everything.i installed again everything is still in there so would anything happen to my new one or nothing :? .if i put battlefront on someone elses computer would mod maps be in ther or not :?
destos
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by destos »

well no, you would have to reinstall the maps and mods if your reinstalling it on some1 elses computer. of course if you felt a need or your other comp cant use internet you could put the maps on a flash drive and add them to your computer that way.
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff
Projects :: Bos Wars AI - a RTS game
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and Bos Wars

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

If the mods where still there, then you didn't delete them correctly. If you install swbf2 on another computer, it won't have the mod maps. Are you installing by a CD or DVD? Those things are read-only. You can't add anything to the install disks.
Frisbeetarian
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Frisbeetarian »

They could also be in the Virtual Store: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\Addon