A couple of problems

Talk and share anything related to Star Wars Battlefront 2. No maps or mod announcements here. Use Work in Progress forum.

Moderator: Moderators

riku2211
Private Recruit

A couple of problems

Post by riku2211 »

ok, my first problem: i got the rhen var temple 2.0 mod map, but whenever i tried starting it i got a Fatal error about a mission.lvl or something i dont remmber. i would check but, well, this leads onto my second problem. after searching google and everywhere for an answer, i tried uninstalling the elite sides mod i had. i had a backups of "sides" put it in lvl_pc, did it normally, but now all my mod maps have disappeared from the instant action list (except for the conversion pack maps). i tried reinstalling the elite sides, tried using the backup again, etc., but i haven't been able to fix it. and i rreeaallyy dont want to reinstall it. =[

edit: ok, now every map i try gets a fatal error. i didnt try EVERY map, but...anyway, ill copy-paste the exact error

this is when i tried playing a BFX clone wars conquest on the death star.
Xavious
Sith Master
Sith Master

Re: a couple of problems

Post by Xavious »

Sounds like you might have too many missions. Try removing a couple maps/mods from your addon folder.
riku2211
Private Recruit

Post by riku2211 »

i also tried that, in fact that reminds me i saw that something said you cant have too many mas so i removed some, then i decided maybe i should also remove the elite sides mod. so yeah...and plus i didnt have very many maps in the first place. i have about 5 maps, and some mods. i can take out 2 of them, so i have three maps and i'll also get rid of the +123 mod, so now i only have 5 folders in the addons folder.

edit: ok, i just went into the game and found my maps and they worked. it must have been a conflict with the +123 mod....huh, well thanks! :bowdown: :D
Xavious
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by Xavious »

It's not the number of maps I was warning you about, but the number of missions in the game. Battlefront II can only support up to 500 game modes at one time. Having +123, the Conversion Pack, and BFX will put you over the limit for sure.
elitetrooper1999
3rd Warning
3rd Warning
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by elitetrooper1999 »

:runaway: hay thise happend to me to.its like a dark black screen pops up and says fatal eror
thats why i bot a nother one.
Par3210
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Par3210 »

elitetrooper1999 wrote::runaway: hay thise happend to me to.its like a dark black screen pops up and says fatal eror
thats why i bot a nother one.
Lol, sry but that's waaaaaaay out of order! You had too many mod maps, that's why! Otherwise your game is wrecked, or that map you played did not come with its lua or lvl files.