Weird crashing problem

Talk and share anything related to Star Wars Battlefront 2. No maps or mod announcements here. Use Work in Progress forum.

Moderator: Moderators

DemonPastry1
Recruit Womprat Killer

Weird crashing problem

Post by DemonPastry1 »

If I ever quit out of a map the menu music stops and when I try to go to another one the screen turns black and it stays there until I ctrl alt delete does anyone know why this is.

thanks
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff
Projects :: Bos Wars AI - a RTS game
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and Bos Wars
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: wierd crashing problem

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

Does your computer meet the min specs to play the game?
Have you tried turning down all your graphical settings?
Do you have the v1.1 patch installed (or is it bundled with Steam's version)?
DemonPastry1
Recruit Womprat Killer

Post by DemonPastry1 »

I meet the minimum specs, I tried messing with the graphic turning them up and down and the 1.1 patch is bundled with the steam version. Also I dont think it would be my specs because it loads the first level I try and plays it fine it is if I quit and go to another level that it stops working. I also tried a fresh install to no avail.

Thanks
Par3210
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Par3210 »

hmmmmm. I wouldn't recommend "messing" with the graphics, as this could cause some problems. When I bought this game I had a similiar problem, every single server lagged so so so so so much so when I changed the screen resolution and graphics level down a bit it worked a lot better. The steam version might have wrecked the game as I have heard of the steam version wrecking people's games as in not letting them play any maps. I would try getting rid of the steam patch and get a different patch instead. But I'm sorry if it doesn't work... :?
DemonPastry1
Recruit Womprat Killer

Post by DemonPastry1 »

Thanks I tried adjusting the graphics and resolution with no luck. so, how does one get rid of the steam patch and try that.
DemonPastry1
Recruit Womprat Killer

Post by DemonPastry1 »

Thanks I tried adjusting the graphics and resolution with no luck. so, how does one get rid of the steam patch as I will try that next and any other suggestions.

No signatures. Read the rules. -Staff