No mods working at all -Steam SWBF2- [SOLVED]

Talk and share anything related to Star Wars Battlefront 2. No maps or mod announcements here. Use Work in Progress forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Zeta333
Private Recruit

No mods working at all -Steam SWBF2- [SOLVED]

Post by Zeta333 »

I recentlly bought and downloaded SWBF2 off of steam and then i saw Maveritchell's advertisement for the conversion mod in the steam forums so i decided to download it and try it out. I did everything asked of me making sure it was upgraded to 1.1 then installing the conversion pack then installing 2.2 but nothing worked , i didnt see any of the maps era's or anything from the pack just standard swbf2. So then i got in contact with Maveritchell on xfire and he walked me through doing a fresh install of the mods and we did it step by step and still nothing. So later I downloaded some maps to stay my boredom and the first one i tried was the corusant city map and i installed as per the directions and it doesnt show up. SO far iv come to the conclusion that no mods are being activated on my game even though its installed correctlly and everything.

Im running Windows 7 btw.
Fierfek
High General
High General
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set
Location: Somewhere in the Galaxy (Most Likely Scrapping Tinnies)

Re: No mods working at all

Post by Fierfek »

So, with coruscant city, you have the 3-letter initials folder in your addon folder? Inside the 3-letter initials folder should be the folder 'data'.
Zeta333
Private Recruit

Post by Zeta333 »

Yeh i have CO1 folder and inside it is the data folder. WHy did they have to make adding maps so hard. A simple folder for maps would have made sense.....
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: astrally
xbox live or psn: fluffytherc

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

It's easy to install maps. Full-scale mods is much harder, though, but they usually have installers. Since you got it from steam, you need to make a folder called "addon" (no quotes) in:
C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam Apps\common\Star Wars Battlefront II\Gamedata
and then you just need to put the map's folder (In the case of the map you're using, CO1) in
C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam Apps\common\Star Wars Battlefront II\Gamedata\addon
TK432
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by TK432 »

Zeta333 wrote:Yeh i have CO1 folder and inside it is the data folder. WHy did they have to make adding maps so hard. A simple folder for maps would have made sense.....
Well, the addon folder, IS actually a simple map/mod folder. Only a few maps/mods need to be installed with any more folders than addon
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

Fluffy_the_ic wrote:It's easy to install maps. Full-scale mods is much harder, though, but they usually have installers. Since you got it from steam, you need to make a folder called "addon" (no quotes) in:
C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam Apps\common\Star Wars Battlefront II\Gamedata
and then you just need to put the map's folder (In the case of the map you're using, CO1) in
C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam Apps\common\Star Wars Battlefront II\Gamedata\addon
Fellas, he's not missing the big picture here. I walked him through installing these kind of things for more than half an hour over Xfire (which he had been doing correctly anyway)- specific experience with either Windows 7-related errors or Steam-related errors are what is most likely needed.
Par3210
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Par3210 »

Whoa :eek: I've never seen this before. Is Windows 7 a old computer? Sry but I've forgot stuff on computers atm, it's late, and I need a good sleep.
Fierfek
High General
High General

Post by Fierfek »

Par3210 wrote:Whoa :eek: I've never seen this before. Is Windows 7 a old computer? Sry but I've forgot stuff on computers atm, it's late, and I need a good sleep.
No, Windows 7 is the newest version. I haven't heard of this either.....
destos
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by destos »

perhaps he ment vista... i know a few ppl who thought vista was 7.
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff
Projects :: Bos Wars AI - a RTS game
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and Bos Wars

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

Zeta333 wrote:...A simple folder for maps would have made sense...
Thats exactly what there is. However, the conversion pack changes the game's shell, so it has to replace those files. Every other map just goes in the addme folder.

The problem is with Vista/7. Its compatibility files really mess some stuff up. I'm guessing thats the root of your problems too.

Windows 7 is the newest operating system from Microsoft. Its still in beta, but 'goes gold' in the next few days. I think its official release date is in October 2009.
Zeta333
Private Recruit

Post by Zeta333 »

Im sorry im just used to modding with source wich is completelly open source and made to be easyly modded.

But yeh i have an addon folder and everything. Just something isnt tripping the switch to activate the mods. To be honest its probolly some stupid stuff steam is doing due to the total lack of programming and over abundancy of failure steam ussually has with anything run on it.

[sidenote] Has anyon done a mod that added some starfighters like the tie defender E-Wing and some of the other New Jedi order starfghters.
Fierfek
High General
High General

Post by Fierfek »

Maybe its because no one (that I know of) has tried mods on Windows 7. It's still a beta.
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff
Projects :: Bos Wars AI - a RTS game
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and Bos Wars

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

Windows 7 should work like Vista. I don't think anyone's tried them from Steam also.
Zeta333
Private Recruit

Post by Zeta333 »

Regardless that windows 7 is still i beta it still works better than vista with a service pack. Also most things that worked on vista should work on windows 7 becuase windows 7 is built on te same kernal that vista is. Also i see alot of people using the mods on the steam forums and they seem to be working.
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: astrally
xbox live or psn: fluffytherc

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

I'm not sure if this would work-maybe what you could is take your entire Star Wars Battlefront II directory in ...\steam apps\common\ and place it in
C:\Program Files\Lucasarts
so that it is now
C:\Program Files\Lucasarts\Star Wars Battlefront II
instead of
C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam Apps\Common\Star Wars Battlefront II
Which you should make if you don't already own a game published by lucasarts. That could help.
Zeta333
Private Recruit

Post by Zeta333 »

It isnt in the steam folder which i thought was weird to begin with. It installs to the lucas arts folder.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

Post a screenshot of where you have the map now. I think you're making it a touch harder than it is.
Zeta333
Private Recruit

Post by Zeta333 »

http://s30.photobucket.com/albums/c317/ ... etoast.png

file path is

C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\addon
Frisbeetarian
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Frisbeetarian »

Fluffy_the_ic wrote:place it in
C:\Program Files\Lucasarts
so that it is now
C:\Program Files\Lucasarts\Star Wars Battlefront II
I wouldn't do that, it might mess up some registry keys (if someone knows it won't, feel free to correct me).

Are you sure that it updated to 1.1 correctly? Check in the upper right corner of the BF2 screen to see if it says 1.1 or 1.0.

You aren't getting the normal problem that people get when they don't install 1.1, but if you thought you had and it didn't install, that might help us find your problem.
Zeta333
Private Recruit

Post by Zeta333 »

Ok i deleted it and reldownloaded it and now its working.