Medals change the game !!

Talk and share anything related to Star Wars Battlefront 2. No maps or mod announcements here. Use Work in Progress forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Labj
Sith
Sith
Games I'm Playing :: Halo 4
xbox live or psn: SiulS2409

Medals change the game !!

Post by Labj »

I have noticed that around every 10000 medals the game gives or removes something to my game,
for example, this truly happened, at around medals 10000 infantry map removed,
20000 ground vehicles map removed 30000 (where i am today ) starfighter map removed, other taht i didnt noticed when it happened is that the darktrooper main weapon hit the vehicles with more strength than a rocket launcher, the other day a TANK shot at me and hit, but i still intact,
i killed a hero with one shot and it was not at the head and the hero was full-health, sniper hit my head and nothing happened.
The map remover :quotes: works exactly as how the controls are set in options
I did another profile to see if the same happened but no, i reinstalled the game ( copied my profile in another place ) and still the same.
What i wrote this, just because i wish to know if it is normal and know if it happened to someone else.
RogueKnight
Space Ranger
Projects :: Life. Work.
Games I'm Playing :: League of Legends
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Medals change the game !!

Post by RogueKnight »

I highly doubt that this is true, because you are suggesting that you got to 30,000 medals, uninstalled the game, and proceeded to do it again, which constitutes hours and hours of endless playing to find out something that probably was completely unrelated.

not to mention that I, at over 1,500 hours of battlefront experience, endless training and practicing, have never achieved over 10,000 medals, I highly doubt your story is true.
-_-
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by -_- »

Labj wrote:I have noticed that around every 10000 medals the game gives or removes something to my game,
for example, this truly happened, at around medals 10000 infantry map removed,
20000 ground vehicles map removed 30000 (where i am today ) starfighter map removed, other taht i didnt noticed when it happened is that the darktrooper main weapon hit the vehicles with more strength than a rocket launcher, the other day a TANK shot at me and hit, but i still intact,
i killed a hero with one shot and it was not at the head and the hero was full-health, sniper hit my head and nothing happened.
The map remover :quotes: works exactly as how the controls are set in options
I did another profile to see if the same happened but no, i reinstalled the game ( copied my profile in another place ) and still the same.
What i wrote this, just because i wish to know if it is normal and know if it happened to someone else.
The dark trooper has no award weapon besides the award pistol. If I remember correctly, it is not possible to target a vehicle with the arc caster either. As far as I'm concerned, heroes have the health value of 1200, and no "regular" or "award" infantry projectile weapon can do enough damage to kill a hero in one shot.

You're either playing a mod map or lying.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

-_- wrote: no "regular" or "award" infantry projectile weapon can do enough damage to kill a hero in one shot.
Although I agree with everything else you say, and I do believe he is lying about this, this statement is false.
If you have War Hero (assuming he has 3,000 medals I'm sure he does), The Award Sniper Rifle (Beam Rifle?) can kill the hero in one shot IF you stay targeted on the Hero's head the entire length of the shot. Granted, the hero will probably have to stand still in order for you to accomplish this feat, but if you get excruciatingly lucky, it does happen.

And DRK, he's not saying he re-installed the game and started from scratch, he's saying he reached 3,000 medals, backed up his profile file, and uninstalled the game. Then, when he reinstalled it, he placed that file back in his GameData.
Although I still have no idea what he's talking about when he says things are "removed."

My advice, Labj, take a video of this actually happening. And then take a screenshot of your career page that shows how many medals you have. Then you have PROOF and we might actually have a reason to believe you. Otherwise, our opinions still stand, and your information is false.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

Completely pointless topic.

If you're going to try and pull a fast one, don't:
a) Do the "this happens at high numbers" trick. Every game, every time, and it's always a lie
b) Try and fool the community that knows the most about the game