Permanently disabling my record?

Talk and share anything related to Star Wars Battlefront 2. No maps or mod announcements here. Use Work in Progress forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Nihillo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Permanently disabling my record?

Post by Nihillo »

Is there any conceivable way to modify my profile so it doesn't save my awards records and such, but keeps my key configurations?

Please understand that I'm not interested in disabling just the award effects, I already know how to do that.

I'm better than the AI, the game is easy enough the way it is - even in the hardest difficulty - I don't want permanent bonuses or award weapons, I want to play a balanced game. Every now and then I delete my profile and start over just to remove those pesky permanent awards, then I have to reconfigure everything to my liking, which is pretty annoying; after a session of play, I exit the game without saving to hamper my progress, but that is also an uncomfortable workaround... I want to know if there is a solution, any ideas?
Valthero
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Permanently disabling my record?

Post by Valthero »

I'd like to know that, too, because it's IMPOSSIBLE to snipe with those darned effects floating around you..
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

Valthero wrote:because it's IMPOSSIBLE to snipe with those darned effects floating around you..
It's possible, but check out the 1.3 patch documentation, it will show you how to disable those annoying effects.

And Nihillo, I'm not sure but try making a new profile, reconfigure it to your liking, and then make a copy of it from your SaveGames folder. Place this copy somewhere safe like the My Documents folder or something. Then set up a batch file of some sort (I'm not sure how) that would copy the copy profile over to the SaveGames folder overwriting the original profile everytime you run it. So every time you're done playing BF2, just run the file. I "hope" it's that easy.
ANDEWEGET
Ancient Force
Ancient Force

Post by ANDEWEGET »

here is a bat file, which would look in your savegames folder, if there are savegames it deletes all of them, if not, it displays "No SaveGames killable." and copies all .profile files from (yourharddrive):\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\SavedSaveGames\ to the savegames direction.

DOWNLOAD

you only have to create a SavedSaveGames Folder in the GameData Folder and copy your profiles into it. it should work. :)
Nihillo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Nihillo »

ANDEWEGET wrote:here is a bat file, which would look in your savegames folder, if there are savegames it deletes all of them, if not, it displays "No SaveGames killable." and copies all .profile files from (yourharddrive):\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\SavedSaveGames\ to the savegames direction.

DOWNLOAD

you only have to create a SavedSaveGames Folder in the GameData Folder and copy your profiles into it. it should work. :)
I got a... music (??) from it.:P Are you sure that's the right link?
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

Must be a Filefront error. You can always search for a tutorial online and make your own batch file if needed.
ANDEWEGET
Ancient Force
Ancient Force

Post by ANDEWEGET »

LOL weird..if you look at the address you see the name of my bat.
this time it worked:
here you are: http://www.filefront.com/13950177/SaveGameOverwriter.7z
the only prob oculd be that you havent installed swbf in C:\LucasArts\Star WArs Battlefront 2(if you installed it somewhere else, rightclick the bat, edit, and change the path to yours)
Nihillo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Nihillo »

Got it. Thanks, Andew.
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff
Projects :: Bos Wars AI - a RTS game
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and Bos Wars
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

One could write game scripts to do it, but it is much easier to just create your profile once. Copy this initial profile and then restore the copy each time you earn the awards. That seems to be what the bat file does.