Unconventional unit ideas

Talk and share anything related to Star Wars Battlefront 2. No maps or mod announcements here. Use Work in Progress forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Re: Unconventional unit ideas

Post by Maveritchell »

GangsterJawa wrote:That's odd... I remember the "summoner" unit, but not the elemental or suicide one... :?
About half the enemies were elementals (they even had elemental weaknesses/resistances), and one of the enemies (the "bomb" enemy) had a high chance of exploding (and dealing a significant amount of damage) when killed (ideally you'd use long-range attacks to kill him).
GangsterJawa
Sith
Sith
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set
Location: In the refrigerator, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw

Post by GangsterJawa »

Maveritchell wrote:
GangsterJawa wrote:That's odd... I remember the "summoner" unit, but not the elemental or suicide one... :?
About half the enemies were elementals (they even had elemental weaknesses/resistances), and one of the enemies (the "bomb" enemy) had a high chance of exploding (and dealing a significant amount of damage) when killed (ideally you'd use long-range attacks to kill him).
:cpu: Yeah, duh...
Fiodis
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: Rannoch + Tientia + Tools Programming

Post by Fiodis »

Maveritchell wrote:
Fiodis wrote:Elemental:
A floating, unanimated 1cm by 1cm cube. With a completely transparent texture. How do you see it? It has an effect attached to it, so it resembles a floating ball of burning fire, or a miniature star, or a whisp of smoke....etc. Element-related attacks.

Perhaps it would be better to have it about as large as the effect but still with a transparent texture, so that it's easier to hit it. Who would be able to hit a 1cmX1cm cube in the middle of a small blizzard, anyway?
http://starwarsbattlefront.filefront.co ... said;85697
He means the bombs, flans, etc.

The difference between that and what I had in mind is visual. I was talking about essentially a floating, playable effect (which is dymanic and can flash or bang or sizzle or whatever) attached to an invisible collision box.
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff
Projects :: Bos Wars AI - a RTS game
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and Bos Wars

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

• Giants
  • Tiny people
  • Something that can only stay alive in water
  • Birds
  • Plants
  • Real world insects or animals
  • Snake
  • Monster that lives underground and can only come up for a short time to attack
MetalcoreRancor
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: swbf origin

Post by MetalcoreRancor »

Out of that list, I've done Giants, Tiny people, Plants and insects.

The latter 3 can be found here:

http://files.filefront.com/Micridia+Gia ... einfo.html