The MOD/MAP Idea thread

Talk and share anything related to Star Wars Battlefront 2. No maps or mod announcements here. Use Work in Progress forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Jedi Admin
User avatar
Posts: 11087
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:42 pm
Location: Indiana
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: The MOD/MAP Idea thread

Postby Teancum » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:29 am

Fluffy_the_ic wrote:I just had an idea for a game mode that I believe shouldn't be all that complicated, at least for a new mode.
Space Deathmatch: Two teams are pitted against each other in space. The goal is to completely wipe out all of the enemy's reinforcements, maybe 150 reinforcements.


Been done. It's called Team Dogfight.

Hoth Battle Chief
User avatar
Posts: 3352
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:03 pm
xbox live or psn: fluffytherc

Re: The MOD/MAP Idea thread

Postby Fluffy_the_ic » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:52 pm

Actually, I got the idea while playing Team Dogfight. They're not EXACTLY the same. Team Dogfight has the kill counter thing. Space DM would have conquest's reinforcement counter, so if you crash and die, or ram an an enemy and THEY die, it counts.
EDIT:Click!

Jedi Admin
User avatar
Posts: 11087
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:42 pm
Location: Indiana
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: The MOD/MAP Idea thread

Postby Teancum » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:12 pm

Suppose that's doable. Truthfully that's probably more along the lines of what TDF should be anyways, but we haven't taken the time to code a true Team Deathmatch gametype. TDF is just a variant of the Hunt gametype.

Hoth Battle Chief
User avatar
Posts: 3352
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:03 pm
xbox live or psn: fluffytherc

Re: The MOD/MAP Idea thread

Postby Fluffy_the_ic » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:16 pm

Well, I've already got someone working on it for a map we're working on together, so we'll see how it turns out.

Private Recruit
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Searching under my couch for quarters

Re: The MOD/MAP Idea thread

Postby SCORCH » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:35 am

Has anybody made an anikan skywalker as a kid? and if so, is there a map that includes his home, watto's shop (has anybody done watto either?) and pretty much his whole town?

Field Commander
User avatar
Posts: 943
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:17 am

Re: The MOD/MAP Idea thread

Postby YaNkFaN » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:23 am

i'm not sure about the models but the map is definately doable from a design standpoint just by using tat assets

Private Recruit
User avatar
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:37 pm

Re: The MOD/MAP Idea thread

Postby vortexus » Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:12 pm

Hi guys!
Its me Your favourite person in the big blue world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :funny2: :funny2:

I have 3 Ideas to get your little brain cogs rotating(not ment to be offencive to any orange people :oops: )

1. Supreme Battlefront, this is as you may guess starwars battlefront supreme commander style. Ie, Robotic units plus vehicles for Animation veriety. Maybe sides could be vehicle /unit integrations so all the vehicles say on the U.E.F would be tailored to that team like with the AT-AT(as I'm unfamillier with LAU I don't know wether the AT-AT thing can only be used for one vehicle per side). ACU could be player units zooped up size wize.

2.Bionicle, this could be quite exciting for lego freaks like me :runaway: . Using some custom lightsaber movements maybe. There could be bionicles from each era, and the bionicle vehicles to. I don't know if its possible but could you animate a knew flying style? :shock: bit like this
Hidden/Spoiler:
Image
Ie, arms outstreched legs streight looking forward.

3.Ancient Legends, here we have medieval combat and magic with heavy and light units dressed along these lines:Heavy
Hidden/Spoiler:
ImageLightImage. Then magic and magic warriors:armourImagemage robesImage.


I do have more structure form each Idea but Primevil is on and I'm missing its so toodlpip :eek: :thumbs: :eek:
Ugh, hide your giant images so that you don't break the page for everyone. -Staff
Edit: ok soz
Last edited by vortexus on Tue May 19, 2009 11:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

Private Recruit
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Searching under my couch for quarters

Re: The MOD/MAP Idea thread

Postby SCORCH » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:04 pm

has any body made the animal/thing that obi-wan rode when on utapau? and has anybody made general grevious's wheelbike? And has anybody made a playable R2D2 ? and c3po too i guess.... :runaway:

and for a map, what about the ship that chancelor palpitene was "captive on" . you could put in the elvevator and stuff too....

Jedi
User avatar
Posts: 1130
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:07 am
Location: MI, USA
Games I'm Playing :: BioShock
xbox live or psn: Delta811

Re: The MOD/MAP Idea thread

Postby Delta 47 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:17 pm

SCORCH wrote:has any body made the animal/thing that obi-wan rode when on utapau? and has anybody made general grevious's wheelbike? And has anybody made a playable R2D2 ? and c3po too i guess.... :runaway:

No, no, yes its included in the SWBF2 Official Assets but needed a few tweaks and was released somewhere, and no but a C3PO would be cool to have.
SCORCH wrote:and for a map, what about the ship that chancelor palpitene was "captive on" . you could put in the elvevator and stuff too....

The Invisible Hand ship was made by Dragonum and there was an Elevator made by [RDH]Zerted a long time ago. Its on SWBF Files.

Master of the Force
User avatar
Posts: 6069
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:05 am
Location: Duckburg, Germany

Re: The MOD/MAP Idea thread

Postby DarthD.U.C.K. » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:17 am

Delta 47 wrote:The Invisible Hand ship was made by Dragonum

may i interrupt here?
Bertie made the munificent, recusant invisible hand and venator as well as the arcgun, Dragonum UVed and textured them

Jedi Admin
User avatar
Posts: 11087
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:42 pm
Location: Indiana
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: The MOD/MAP Idea thread

Postby Teancum » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:56 am

Delta 47 wrote:
SCORCH wrote:has any body made the animal/thing that obi-wan rode when on utapau? and has anybody made general grevious's wheelbike? And has anybody made a playable R2D2 ? and c3po too i guess.... :runaway:

No, no, yes its included in the SWBF2 Official Assets but needed a few tweaks and was released somewhere, and no but a C3PO would be cool to have.


I don't see why. What could he do but walk around and whine?

Jedi
User avatar
Posts: 1130
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:07 am
Location: MI, USA
Games I'm Playing :: BioShock
xbox live or psn: Delta811

Re: The MOD/MAP Idea thread

Postby Delta 47 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:02 pm

DarthD.U.C.K. wrote:
Delta 47 wrote:The Invisible Hand ship was made by Dragonum

may i interrupt here?
Bertie made the munificent, recusant invisible hand and venator as well as the arcgun, Dragonum UVed and textured them

I knew that and I completely forgot Dragonum just touched them up and released them to the SWBF community but didn't actually make the models. Sorry about that.
Teancum wrote:
Delta 47 wrote:
SCORCH wrote:has any body made the animal/thing that obi-wan rode when on utapau? and has anybody made general grevious's wheelbike? And has anybody made a playable R2D2 ? and c3po too i guess.... :runaway:

No, no, yes its included in the SWBF2 Official Assets but needed a few tweaks and was released somewhere, and no but a C3PO would be cool to have.


I don't see why. What could he do but walk around and whine?

Didn't think of the fact that he didn't have any weapons. Guess you could always give him a Fusion Cutter and send him out on the battlefield and hope for the best :P

Hoth Battle Chief
User avatar
Posts: 3352
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:03 pm
xbox live or psn: fluffytherc

Re: The MOD/MAP Idea thread

Postby Fluffy_the_ic » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:44 pm

He could go farther even further than sarcasm and kick the enemy children.

Or he could just not be put in as anything but a prop.

Private Recruit
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Searching under my couch for quarters

Re: The MOD/MAP Idea thread

Postby SCORCH » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:26 pm

I would give c3po a self destruct(heheheheheh) and a circut wire shock.

Field Commander
User avatar
Posts: 921
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:43 am
Location: On Your Computer

Re: The MOD/MAP Idea thread

Postby Darth Revan » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:37 pm

Whine them to death

Private Recruit
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Searching under my couch for quarters

Re: The MOD/MAP Idea thread

Postby SCORCH » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:44 am

has anybody made a utapau map where you can fly to different places in the sinkhole thing? like for instance fly OUT of the hole and have it like a huge space map thing. Has anybody accualy made a chancellor palpatine as the old man? and i guess where the jedi arrested him? you could give the big window thing health so you could break it and jump out too....

Jedi
User avatar
Posts: 1130
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:07 am
Location: MI, USA
Games I'm Playing :: BioShock
xbox live or psn: Delta811

Re: The MOD/MAP Idea thread

Postby Delta 47 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:34 pm

SCORCH wrote:has anybody made a utapau map where you can fly to different places in the sinkhole thing? like for instance fly OUT of the hole and have it like a huge space map thing. Has anybody accualy made a chancellor palpatine as the old man? and i guess where the jedi arrested him? you could give the big window thing health so you could break it and jump out too....

No Utapau map like that has been made. It would take a lot of time and would be quite hard to do. You would most likely need a whole new prop for the hole. For one, the hole only has only one opening in the side to place platforms. Second, you can fly through the hole in a lot of places and that certainly wouldn't be all to good. And also, there is no land you can use up above the hole or anywhere. I tried to make an Utapau map about a year ago working off of the shipped map and expanding it. My problems were I couldn't get the ground set right. When I lowered the ground to the bottom of the hole it made units fall through the ground up above. And there were a lot of other problems including not having the right props or having enough space.

For you second question, there has been no Palpatine model (or skin) that has been released or made to my knowledge except the shipped Darth Sideous one. Coruscant City has got Palpatines office though.

Corporal
User avatar
Posts: 141
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:40 am
Location: , Location, Location, Location

Re: The MOD/MAP Idea thread

Postby da_great_ghost » Sat May 02, 2009 10:38 pm

This idea just came to me. What about an obstacle course type map(i.e. Aperture Science Enrichment Activity Center). Where you go through levels that get progressively harder.

Private Recruit
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Searching under my couch for quarters

Re: The MOD/MAP Idea thread

Postby SCORCH » Wed May 06, 2009 3:28 pm

how about the under-water gungan city? with the water vehicle and the giant sea monsters too...

and what about somebody making a grappling hook with a clone? like a spy clone?

Master Bounty Hunter
User avatar
Posts: 1666
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:19 pm
Location: College

Re: The MOD/MAP Idea thread

Postby Ping » Wed May 06, 2009 6:08 pm

SCORCH wrote:how about the under-water gungan city? with the water vehicle and the giant sea monsters too...

and what about somebody making a grappling hook with a clone? like a spy clone?

For the underwater part, Mav's already done an underwater map, only it takes place on Aquilaris. Mav is also in the process of making a grappling hook.

PreviousNext

Return to SWBF2 General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest