The MOD/MAP Idea thread

Talk and share anything related to Star Wars Battlefront 2. No maps or mod announcements here. Use Work in Progress forum.

Moderator: Moderators

DasLlama
Recruit Womprat Killer
Games I'm Playing :: Anything Star Wars

Re: The MOD/MAP Idea thread

Post by DasLlama »

You know what would be a good idea? A map based off of one of the Call of Duty Zombies maps (Without perks and wall guns and doors and stuff).
One team spawns inside the playing area to defend, and the other outside to attack. The attacking team would have to destroy barriers with their guns and then enter the defending team's area. Or something like that.
ARC1778
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Projects :: WARFRONT + Various Mods for Other Games
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2+RC+RTW MTW NTW
xbox live or psn: AlexisVixie

Post by ARC1778 »

DasLlama wrote:You know what would be a good idea? A map based off of one of the Call of Duty Zombies maps (Without perks and wall guns and doors and stuff).
One team spawns inside the playing area to defend, and the other outside to attack. The attacking team would have to destroy barriers with their guns and then enter the defending team's area. Or something like that.

Warfront will have you covered, if you wait about two years. :funny2:

EDIT
This is one of the maps I'm Designing while I'm at my GF's place since I can't mod here, it will be part of Warfront;

Working Name: "Planet's name" - Skyhigh gated community.

Description:

Sky-high is a bespoke gated community, inhabitants live and work within it's -insert name of unbreakable material- fences, everything, shops, schools, banks, even medical care, is provided by their employer. Each of them, are employed by the enemies intelligence section, and they are close to cracking our codes, however with so many civilian families there, we cannot send bombers, you must lead a ground assault to capture skyhigh, and shut it down.
-----

This is basically an excuse to send you into a civilian hab-block, basically up and down, is to be more important than left and right, the four outer blocks, have stairs taking up only one side of the building, meaning they are steep, and you will find yourself blind to anything standing at the top.

The lower centre block has four stairs, in two sets, but they alternate each floor, forcing you to move across an exposed walkway, to get to the next flight
(Walking is good for your health! And there will be signs to explain the game play mechanic as a design choice, as only a few people will leave the facility each month, on alternating leave, they would not have much cause to walk, and this explains both the steep steps, and the alternating ones.)

Only the last set of stairs makes sense, however they are entirely exposed, meaning you will have to fight your way up an almost spiral steps totally exposed to the opposing sides bellow and above.

The Top left, and lower right buildings will have CPs in the middle an all will have CPs on their top floors, the central buildings, on the ground, middle, and top floors.

There will be working elevators, allowing you to out flank the enemy, and cross-building walkways to permit lateral movement.

A transport and fighter spawn on top of the outer four buildings, allowing you to deploy your men on top of each roof (INCLing the upper centre which is not shown as it will have no cover and is accessible only by elevator.)

You will have to blow doors to enter buildings, and shoot doors to enter apartments, walls marked by cracks can be blown open so you can engage the enemy, and windows will be valuable fire points.

Un-enter-able doors will have ray shields covering them, so there will be no-confusion.

Behind each apartment door, a civilian or CP-owning team member may spawn, so you will need to watch your fire.

Each team will start with one cp at the top of one outer building, and all the CPs in one inner building, while in ATTACK mode, All the CPs will belong to the enemy, with one outside belonging to you, or Vice-versa in Defense mode.

The idea is it would be like that Korean film what-is-set in an apartment building, with narrow corridors, and small-ish rooms, with CQB being the order of the day, you would need to move quickly and cover doors, walkways, stairs, more stairs (you'll die allot on stairs BTW) and rooftops.

It's been designed to be very much challenging and you can expect quick re-spawns, and the limited number of CPs are to facilitate this, to ensure gaps in the fighting where the forces can move up or down, or across un-harassed, so it won't be the same stair you fight over, again, and again.

Floorplans in ascending order, are bellow.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: The Sith Wars II

Post by Kingpin »

Be careful, you can't have bots overlapping other bots scripts. That's why if you look on Naboo, none of the bots go on the bridges above the street.
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Post by thelegend »

Kingpin wrote:Be careful, you can't have bots overlapping other bots scripts. That's why if you look on Naboo, none of the bots go on the bridges above the street.
And what if bots follow paths like flyers do?
Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: The Sith Wars II

Post by Kingpin »

thelegend wrote:
Kingpin wrote:Be careful, you can't have bots overlapping other bots scripts. That's why if you look on Naboo, none of the bots go on the bridges above the street.
Well, I'm not too sure about flyer mechanics, but, as far as I am aware, you can't have 2 bot paths overlapping each other on different heights. If you do, then they just try and follow the wrong path, usually walking into a wall.
ARC1778
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Projects :: WARFRONT + Various Mods for Other Games
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2+RC+RTW MTW NTW
xbox live or psn: AlexisVixie

Post by ARC1778 »

Kingpin wrote:
thelegend wrote:
Well, I'm not too sure about flyer mechanics, but, as far as I am aware, you can't have 2 bot paths overlapping each other on different heights. If you do, then they just try and follow the wrong path, usually walking into a wall.

But the heights of scripts can be adjusted can they not? But to be fair, flyers are a different type.

I would hope that by say, having one path only X amount high, so long as it doesn't touch another, it would be fine, but that said, I was confused why there were no vertical maps, and that would explain why!

I'll add it to my, test to find-out list.

Wait, why would I need more than one script? The buildings are basically all floors in the same place.... they;d need to follow the same path no matter what floor they were on. Just need to be clever-er with the interior planing, so long a there IS an interior I don't mind all that much if it has less variation.

EDIT; So the height is the visible height, is there a way to write a script limiting it's in game effect to just 2 M? Or get the AI to ignore it if it runs in place for more than 30 seconds?

Where are the files for the barriers and planing stored? Can they be edited or are they hard coded?

Also is there anyway to add a roll node? Or limit hint nodes?
Nullen
Private
Projects :: HL2 Insolence mod
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Nullen »

A custom era that pits the Anti-Troopers from Changing of the Guard against the Imperials, with the Anti-Troopers possibly fighting alongside the rebels in some maps.... Sort of a what-if scenario if they were to fully mobilize.
rudey
Recruit Womprat Killer

Post by rudey »

Last edited by rudey on Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheMastermindOfMaom
Private First Class
Projects :: None.
xbox live or psn: #PCMasterRace

Post by TheMastermindOfMaom »

Rudey,the Battles of the Storm mappack has something close to what you want.
rudey
Recruit Womprat Killer

Post by rudey »

Last edited by rudey on Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheMastermindOfMaom
Private First Class

Oh. Also,your profile's interests are creepy. :/

Edit: Oh,they are your album names. Sorry.
Last edited by TheMastermindOfMaom on Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ADudeWhoPlaysBFII
Projects :: No Mod project currently.

Post by ADudeWhoPlaysBFII »

Has anyone thought of making a really big Battle of Jakku map for BFII? I think it would be awesome! :D
TheMastermindOfMaom
Private First Class

Could someone make a mod where it is like the customization system of the new Battlefront? (Yes,I know of the Skin Changer but I would like to have changeable weapons too. - don't care about MP compatibility)
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Post by thelegend »

TheMastermindOfMaom wrote:Could someone make a mod where it is like the customization system of the new Battlefront? (Yes,I know of the Skin Changer but I would like to have changeable weapons too. - don't care about MP compatibility)
It might be possible. I am using a similair system like you said in my map (Survival Mode). You cannot customize them. But you will receive any more weapons during your progress. It's possible. Making a map/mod that uses this system so the player can choose which weapon he wants from selecting any weapon should work. But I believe there is still not such a mod like this. It's possible but I've also never seen this before.
DasLlama
Recruit Womprat Killer
Games I'm Playing :: Anything Star Wars

Post by DasLlama »

I imagine someone has said it already, but I am going to say it anyways. How about replicas of the maps from the new EA SWBF? Models of the maps, along with new playable classes and vehicles. That would be pretty cool.
Venator
Private Third Class
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 DICE SWBF

Post by Venator »

OK I don't mod so this stuff will never happen most likely but here goes:

Endor: Outpost //

This would be an extended Endor with a bunker and an ATAT (as seen in the movies) and the rebels get buffed y-wings w/ tow cables like snowspeeders, think EA's Battlefront, and lots of reinforcements on both sides. Heroes could be Vader and Han.

Bespin: Imperial Occupation //

Wouldn't a interior only Bespin map be awesome? Like in the movies after Han got carbonized, with close quarter firefights and maybe the room where Vader had the duel W/ Luke? Heroes could be random between Lando/Leia and Fett/Vader.

PS: They could use SWBF3 models too those are incredible!
RubikPanda
Private
Projects :: Jakku Salt Flats
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Post by RubikPanda »

Not sure why, but I'm envisioning a Flash Gordon map with the Hawkmen attacking the Ajax, with the hero for the Hawkman either being Vultan (Brian Blessed) or Flash himself, and for the Ajax crew Ming (so plays like the Emperor (?)).

Ajax crew would be defending, Hawkmen attacking and the Hawkmen would all be jetpack units (like a retextured Jetpack to look like wings, if that's even possible).

And of course, the soundtrack by Queen

I don't know, just came up with this idea after re-watching Flash Gordon today.
TheMastermindOfMaom
Private First Class

This would be amazing imo. A BF2 Sound Mod with all the Battlefront (EA) sounds in it.
Venator
Private Third Class
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 DICE SWBF

Post by Venator »

TheMastermindOfMaom wrote:This would be amazing imo. A BF2 Sound Mod with all the Battlefront (EA) sounds in it.
Good idea but the DICE version is no bueno (copyright issues). Does Free Radical have released/rippable sound assets?

And I got a great mod idea: Take Jango Fett, who's dead long before the Battle of Kashyykk , out of the game and replace him with...

PRE VIZSLA!!! Same attacks etc. just reskin. :D
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

Yeah, that'd be a big no-no. But some of the sounds aren't entirely accurate anyway and I'm sure one of the games should have accurate walker sounds (the Star Wars Soundboards do)

Interestingly enough, my HP laptop is Star Wars-themed and it has a lot of Star Wars sound themes. Wonder if we could use those SFX...
Last edited by giftheck on Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.