The MOD/MAP Idea thread

Talk and share anything related to Star Wars Battlefront 2. No maps or mod announcements here. Use Work in Progress forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Ping
Sith
Sith

Re: The MOD/MAP Idea thread

Post by Ping »

Hey, guys, I've started a "little" modding project of my own, but the thing is, I'll need plenty of people to help me with it. I'll need a few decent mappers, some good modelers, etc. And the focus of the modding project is THIS. It's a really cool war some guys have made on Star Wars Fanon, and I've been given permission by the authors to go ahead and makee the mod. PM me if your interested.
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: astrally
xbox live or psn: fluffytherc

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

Oh, hey, whaddya know. I was making a random map to work on my skills that turned out pretty good for a first map. It was on Kothlis. I can give it to you for this if you want it.
RogueKnight
Space Ranger
Projects :: Life. Work.
Games I'm Playing :: League of Legends
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by RogueKnight »

Ping wrote:Hey, guys, I've started a "little" modding project of my own, but the thing is, I'll need plenty of people to help me with it. I'll need a few decent mappers, some good modelers, etc. And the focus of the modding project is THIS. It's a really cool war some guys have made on Star Wars Fanon, and I've been given permission by the authors to go ahead and makee the mod. PM me if your interested.
*coughJediCommandocough*
DarthD.U.C.K.
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by DarthD.U.C.K. »

have you seen how all of these kind of projects turned out?
i dont want to be harsh but there was never a planned big project which survived a long time...
there were only small projects which became bigger and bigger..
Ping
Sith
Sith

Post by Ping »

DarthD.U.C.K. wrote:have you seen how all of these kind of projects turned out?
i dont want to be harsh but there was never a planned big project which survived a long time...
there were only small projects which became bigger and bigger..
Still, it's worth a shot (wait, am I being optimistic? That's a first)
DarthRogueKnight wrote:
Ping wrote:Hey, guys, I've started a "little" modding project of my own, but the thing is, I'll need plenty of people to help me with it. I'll need a few decent mappers, some good modelers, etc. And the focus of the modding project is THIS. It's a really cool war some guys have made on Star Wars Fanon, and I've been given permission by the authors to go ahead and makee the mod. PM me if your interested.
*coughJediCommandocough*
Yes, that's my user name over there. I thought using my middle name as a username every where was getting repetitive.
Fluffy_the_ic wrote:Oh, hey, whaddya know. I was making a random map to work on my skills that turned out pretty good for a first map. It was on Kothlis. I can give it to you for this if you want it.
I'd rather you keep it Fluffy, as I'm starting to map, too, and the only things I've figured out how to do are change the terrain, and change the sky. I might actually do some of the modeling, or do the sides. Also, I thought you couldn't get the mod tools to work? And check out THIS link for details.
The_Fonz
Recruit Womprat Killer
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by The_Fonz »

Anyone know about the Fonz from happy days? It's a Tv show from the 80s.
anyway id like to make something that includes all this, but to start out simple i want to make it into a new era and just change around the sides and add some custom infantry/heroes for the stock maps, cause making a bunch of new maps would take a while to make them all good enough to play. They would kinda look look like my profile pic. Suggestions?
thanks
lesovikk1
Captain
Captain

Post by lesovikk1 »

Counter strike source ZOMBIE MOD and ZOMBIE ESCAPE any one? i know it would be doing the changing of character but here is my idea: after you get hit you die and are forced onto the zombie team. simple? maps with tunnels with a dark scenario is a winning combo.
sides could be:
humans vs zomies (p90's machine guns pistols...ect)
or
Stormtroopers vs undead rebles
or even
stormtroopers vs zombies (idea from that horror sw book comming out)

good idea? just the consle and moving of time delay of objects moving. and moving pbjects (sorted due to force powers moving objects?)
this is just an idea after playing cs:s ze_ and zm_

i would like to do this but im a bad modder so who would like to help me do this. this would be hard to make but a cool mod
MileHighGuy
Jedi
Jedi

Post by MileHighGuy »

lesovikk1 wrote: stormtroopers vs zombies
im already making this in death star and later possibly a custom map
masterfaa
Lance Corporal

Post by masterfaa »

a mod:Equilibrium

just use this character
Hidden/Spoiler:
and fight some enemies like reskined imperial officers etc.

i dont mode but i would really like this mode
X-Wing Pilot 5

Post by X-Wing Pilot 5 »

Map: Imperial Droideka Facility/Factory

Playing Battlefront and Republic Commando, I was struck by how formidable the Droidekas were. Maps that I'd win playing as the Rebels in the GCW I would lose as the Republic, no doubt due to the CIS' rolling droids. And in Commando, there were tought to beat (unless you had an anti-armor attachment, but you wanted to conserve those.)

So, perhaps one Imperial officer (back when the Empire controlled most of the galaxy) read some old Clone Wars reports and thought the Droidekas might be useful for Imperial forces for combat support, crowd sla-er, control, police actions, and so forth. One of the higher-ups agrees, and builds/converts an outpost to produce new Droidekas for the Empire. (The old ones were all destroyed and/or lost).

Naturally, the Rebels find out about this via spies, and send troops to take the factory down...
Nihillo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Nihillo »

Welcome to GT, man.

Imperial Droidekas? That's an interesting idea, according to Wookiepedia, the remaining Droidekas were bought by the Empire, so that is very possible...

Oh, and you can destroy Droidekas in Republic Commando by throwing a few EMP nades on them.
IndianaJoe
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by IndianaJoe »

good idea, oh, and the way I destroydroidekas in RC is to run right up i their faces stand right between their guns and use my pistol on them they can't shoot you when you're right between the guns.
Delta-1035
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: TOR GCWII GCW1035 BF1035
xbox live or psn: Johnny_Sciroppo

Post by Delta-1035 »

@X-Wing Pilot 5
Frist of all: welcome to GT!

Second: Very nice idea man, mmm imperial droidekas... i'm going to make a skin for them...

EDIT:So here you guys have my...
Hidden/Spoiler:
kooster
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant
Location: Blowing up droids into scrap metal with my Almighty-Ultimate-Mega Projectile Launcher

Post by kooster »

whoa!
that imperial droideka looks sick!
I actually like simple skins if they look nice.
great skin Delta!!!!

:eek:
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Designated Days + LFC + GT vs SWBFC
Games I'm Playing :: FO3 + FO New Vegas
xbox live or psn: Master Revan

Re: All-Purpose Request Thread (Take 3)

Post by RevanSithLord »

All purpose request thread...hmm.....

I haven't posted here for awhile. Well, if someone's up to it. A map like this: Image

With ALL Jedi vs Sith. No saber throw. No freaking force-jumping. Just all-out melee....some force is allowed like lightning. But...all Jedi have either blue or green lightsabers. Sith red. Mostly only 1 saber per force user, but skins and powers should vary per force user on both sides as well. As for dual sabers and saber staff wielders.... well.... I think with enough points, those should be unlockable and very limited amounts that can choose that class. If someone is up to this, that'd be great. With a lot of numbers by the way.

I'm going back and forth on mapping and I haven't mapped for a few months, but I've been distracted, and I always wanted to see a map like this if someone is up to it. :lol:

Post moved from the All Purpose Request thread, -Staff
Fierfek
High General
High General
Location: Somewhere in the Galaxy (Most Likely Scrapping Tinnies)

Post by Fierfek »

I am thinking of making a Qiilura map like Dann Boeing's Hypori: Grievous Attacks map. It will have the republic commandos for the republic, and tons of droids for the cis. :clone:
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Designated Days + LFC + GT vs SWBFC
Games I'm Playing :: FO3 + FO New Vegas
xbox live or psn: Master Revan

Post by RevanSithLord »

That'd be cool if someone could somehow remake some of the chapter where Delta, Fixer, Scorch, and Sev had to fight towards the bridge of the Acclamator. That would be awesome. lol Make a small campaign out of it too.
Fierfek
High General
High General
Location: Somewhere in the Galaxy (Most Likely Scrapping Tinnies)

Post by Fierfek »

RevanSithLord wrote:That'd be cool if someone could somehow remake some of the chapter where Delta, Fixer, Scorch, and Sev had to fight towards the bridge of the Acclamator. That would be awesome. lol Make a small campaign out of it too.
I would like to make a Republic Commando Mappack at some point. Right now, I am making a map of Qiilura, similar to Dann Boeing's Hypori: Grievous Attacks. I have all 8 commandos from omega and delta squads in it, facing 250 droids at once.
I wonder if anyone wants to help make a republic commando mappack.....
Alpha32

Re: All-Purpose Request Thread (Take 3)

Post by Alpha32 »

So the map is kind of like a Taris wartorn setting taking place in a certain district

So my idea was a huge map(with a possible BFX setting) kind of like an expansion of the Jedi Temple in the center. there are about like 10 CPs one in the jedi temple and 2 on each side for both factions then the rest placed in various places. One is like a capital ship(possibley blowing the thing ship area to pieces to rid the otherside of ships. and one is for vehicles like speeders and tanks etc. So it's kind of Taris war torn, tops of buildings collapsed if possible make it like a landing pad thing with only part of the roof there allowing for some sniping and fights with in the buildings. Some building's completely decimated. Like each building could just be like mapped out each one only halfway then like at the half of the building its like stairs that is blocked off. These are the only pictures I could find of Taris and I know they're a little big
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Post moved from the All Purpose Request thread, -Staff
Par3210
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Par3210 »

I am interested in making a mappack with someone - a big one - focused on changing all the stock maps to make them better, add more sides, tweak the campaigns to make them more challenging, and also tweak the ai level. A bit like +123, but with different (and I hope better) skins, weapons and other cool things. This could be done with lots of people - who would like to help me do this?
Drop me a PM if you want to help.