The MOD/MAP Idea thread

Talk and share anything related to Star Wars Battlefront 2. No maps or mod announcements here. Use Work in Progress forum.

Moderator: Moderators

booperdoo
Private Recruit
Projects :: Fallout power armor and era
Games I'm Playing :: Boop adventure
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: The MOD/MAP Idea thread

Post by booperdoo »

Image Its probably not possible to have this menu screen but here is an idea.
bonystyle
Recruit Womprat Killer
Projects :: Battlefront Awakens
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF SWBF2

Post by bonystyle »

ggctuk wrote:I actually have a set of sounds I'd like to use one day:
Hidden/Spoiler:
4 AT-AT foot sounds: technically, these (mostly) came from the new game, I did layer the SWBF2 walker footsteps over them. The sounds are layered inside each .wav file (walker fotstep, then mechanic). These are the ones I would feel most iffy about including given they do come from the recent game.
4 AT-ST foot sounds: these were taken from the Star Wars soundboards long ago, when they actually used to update them. The lift sound was taken from samples I lifted from the film channels.
Accurate AAT side cannons: taken from LEGO Star Wars III. The game instead uses a pitched-down Droideka shot because it was apparently 'less annoying'.
DL-44: There's so many places I've found this, but this particular sound effect came included with my new laptop (it's a Star Wars-themed HP laptop - you may have seen the ads for these - mine's the black Imperial themed one with the Kylo Ren desktop background)
AT-AT Chin Cannon: Not much of a mod, just removed the opening 'click'.
Accurate AT-AT Head Cannon: I truncated a sound I found in the ROTS game to recreate this effect.
AT-ST Chin Cannon: Another sound taken from my laptop.
AT-XT Chin Cannon: Taken from The Clone Wars game.
CIS E-1 Blaster: Taken from LEGO Star Wars III.
Super Battle Droid Wrist Blaster: Taken from the ROTS game.
Jango's Westar Blaster: Taken from LEGO Star Wars III.
Tri-Shot: Taken from SWBF: Renegade Squadron.
Electrostaff effects: finding decent effects for Electrostaffs is very difficult. So I pulled these direct from Episode III.
Accurate Gunship Ball Fire: Taken from Renegade Squadron.
Gunship Blaster Fire: I modified the AT-ST sound above to recreate this as it is heard in AOTC.
E-11 Blaster: Another sound found on my laptop.
EE-3 Blaster: Taken from LEGO Star Wars III
Explosive Blaster: Taken from Renegade Squadron.
Scout Pistol: I just slowed down the Probe Droid/SWBF LAAT cannon fire SFX and applied the effect from a tower cannon to it.
Kylo Ren's lightsaber: Another thing included on my laptop. I have on, off, loop, swings and saber throw sounds (Saber throw was edited from the various effects and it is far from perfect)
DC-15 Blaster: A sound recorded from the Soundbank and modified to resemble the sound as heard in AOTC and the ROTS game.
Sith Saber on and off: again included on my laptop.
STAP Cannon: Modified STAP cannon to make it akin to the TPM game STAP cannons.
T21 Blaster: Recreated by combining the SWBF LAAT Cannon, Droid Starfighter Torpedo and Cloud Car cannon SFX.
Tusken Cycler: Taken from the TPM video game
V-Wing cannon: Taken from Renegade Squadron.
Sounds, no pun intended, impressive. Will you be sharing them? I would like to use some of them for my Ep7 map+sidepax
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

bonystyle wrote:
ggctuk wrote:I actually have a set of sounds I'd like to use one day:
Hidden/Spoiler:
4 AT-AT foot sounds: technically, these (mostly) came from the new game, I did layer the SWBF2 walker footsteps over them. The sounds are layered inside each .wav file (walker fotstep, then mechanic). These are the ones I would feel most iffy about including given they do come from the recent game.
4 AT-ST foot sounds: these were taken from the Star Wars soundboards long ago, when they actually used to update them. The lift sound was taken from samples I lifted from the film channels.
Accurate AAT side cannons: taken from LEGO Star Wars III. The game instead uses a pitched-down Droideka shot because it was apparently 'less annoying'.
DL-44: There's so many places I've found this, but this particular sound effect came included with my new laptop (it's a Star Wars-themed HP laptop - you may have seen the ads for these - mine's the black Imperial themed one with the Kylo Ren desktop background)
AT-AT Chin Cannon: Not much of a mod, just removed the opening 'click'.
Accurate AT-AT Head Cannon: I truncated a sound I found in the ROTS game to recreate this effect.
AT-ST Chin Cannon: Another sound taken from my laptop.
AT-XT Chin Cannon: Taken from The Clone Wars game.
CIS E-1 Blaster: Taken from LEGO Star Wars III.
Super Battle Droid Wrist Blaster: Taken from the ROTS game.
Jango's Westar Blaster: Taken from LEGO Star Wars III.
Tri-Shot: Taken from SWBF: Renegade Squadron.
Electrostaff effects: finding decent effects for Electrostaffs is very difficult. So I pulled these direct from Episode III.
Accurate Gunship Ball Fire: Taken from Renegade Squadron.
Gunship Blaster Fire: I modified the AT-ST sound above to recreate this as it is heard in AOTC.
E-11 Blaster: Another sound found on my laptop.
EE-3 Blaster: Taken from LEGO Star Wars III
Explosive Blaster: Taken from Renegade Squadron.
Scout Pistol: I just slowed down the Probe Droid/SWBF LAAT cannon fire SFX and applied the effect from a tower cannon to it.
Kylo Ren's lightsaber: Another thing included on my laptop. I have on, off, loop, swings and saber throw sounds (Saber throw was edited from the various effects and it is far from perfect)
DC-15 Blaster: A sound recorded from the Soundbank and modified to resemble the sound as heard in AOTC and the ROTS game.
Sith Saber on and off: again included on my laptop.
STAP Cannon: Modified STAP cannon to make it akin to the TPM game STAP cannons.
T21 Blaster: Recreated by combining the SWBF LAAT Cannon, Droid Starfighter Torpedo and Cloud Car cannon SFX.
Tusken Cycler: Taken from the TPM video game
V-Wing cannon: Taken from Renegade Squadron.
Sounds, no pun intended, impressive. Will you be sharing them? I would like to use some of them for my Ep7 map+sidepax
I'm not allowed to post some of those sounds on here, so I won't be able to share them. Sorry.
Venator
Private Third Class
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 DICE SWBF

Post by Venator »

You know, what I'd like to see is a singleplayer Hero Hunt / Blast mode (from DICE's BF) in SWBF2. It could use like 3 CP's from the stock maps and a lower unit count. Sure matches would end quick, but it would be much better AI pathing!
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

Given I've found that SWBF2 can take models up to 41000+ triangles with pretty much no repercussions it makes me a little surprised that nobody has attempted a HD SWBFII mod.
Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: The Sith Wars II

Post by Kingpin »

ggctuk wrote:Given I've found that SWBF2 can take models up to 41000+ triangles with pretty much no repercussions it makes me a little surprised that nobody has attempted a HD SWBFII mod.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

Kingpin wrote:
ggctuk wrote:Given I've found that SWBF2 can take models up to 41000+ triangles with pretty much no repercussions it makes me a little surprised that nobody has attempted a HD SWBFII mod.
I was thinking of something a little more faithful to SWBFII's model setup.
LordStarkiller
Private Recruit
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Post by LordStarkiller »

Something I'd like to see in SWBF2 is implementation of some of the hero modes in BF DICE like Hero Hunt, Heroes Vs Villians with troopers as support, or Walker Assault ie the only fun game modes.

EDIT
Also I'm sure I'm not the only one here to sk this but I would love a "The Force Awakens" era for all stock SWBF2 maps and maybe the conversion pack as well for the SWBF1 maps.
DylanRocket
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: None

Post by DylanRocket »

LordStarkiller wrote:Also I'm sure I'm not the only one here to sk this but I would love a "The Force Awakens" era for all stock SWBF2 maps and maybe the conversion pack as well for the SWBF1 maps.
There's already one in progress: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=31923
bonystyle
Recruit Womprat Killer
Projects :: Battlefront Awakens
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF SWBF2

Post by bonystyle »

Had an idea of a 'Concept Star Wars' mod. Basically putting all canceled concepts ingame as a different side for both classic and new (canceled) maps. Will start working on it after BA.
btw LordStarkiller we will have TFA for classic maps
For SWBF1 as well, because cockpits, but we will need someone else to do the porting
rkalo
Private Recruit
Projects :: Naboo Gungan Swamps

Post by rkalo »

I have some ideas for maps. Most of them are based from locations on the movies that I haven't seen before in the game

* A map that is located on the asteroid belt from Episode 5. Maybe just have it take place in the belly of the space worm for laughs. It would be like the Dagobah map but darker

* A Coruscant map that allows you to fight in the Galactic Senate Room and maybe spawn from the Jedi Towers. The heroes for that map should definitely include Chancellor Palpatine in his robe attire

* An Otoh Gunga map where you are fighting inside of the bubble city things. Strong potential to play as underused Gungans

* An endor map that played only in the treetops. Think of how the Kamino map is laid out and picture that with smaller, wooden pods and more bridges connecting it all. You should make it Ewok Tribe A vs. Ewok Tribe B, no guns or anything like that

* A Heroes vs. Villains map where the only playable characters are the notable bounty hunters. IG-88, Boba Fett, Aura Sing, Zam Wessel, Zuckuss, Bossk, Han Solo, etc. maybe throw in Lando Calrissian too as a hero

* A map that takes place on Jabba's desert skiff. Make it more realistic to the scale that it was in the movie and be able to go inside it with multiple floors.
commanderawesome
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: Skin Changer - Warfront - Other stuff
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF SWTOR KotOR EaW
xbox live or psn: AaTc_CmdrAwesome

Post by commanderawesome »

rkalo wrote: * A map that is located on the asteroid belt from Episode 5. Maybe just have it take place in the belly of the space worm for laughs. It would be like the Dagobah map but darker
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=29589
rkalo wrote: * A Coruscant map that allows you to fight in the Galactic Senate Room and maybe spawn from the Jedi Towers. The heroes for that map should definitely include Chancellor Palpatine in his robe attire
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=31419
rkalo wrote: * An Otoh Gunga map where you are fighting inside of the bubble city things. Strong potential to play as underused Gungans
Sereja made an Otoh Gunga map for SWBF1: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=30502
And I know Deviss was working on a SWBF2 conversion of it, but I don't know if it was ever released.
rkalo wrote: * A Heroes vs. Villains map where the only playable characters are the notable bounty hunters. IG-88, Boba Fett, Aura Sing, Zam Wessel, Zuckuss, Bossk, Han Solo, etc. maybe throw in Lando Calrissian too as a hero
Han Solo's not a bounty hunter. Good idea though.
DarthDio
Private Third Class
Projects :: 2D Artist for Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: StarWars Battlefront
xbox live or psn: none

Someone has to import the NEW Battlefront 3 Models

Post by DarthDio »

Most of you probably know by now that there have been many Models extracted from Star Wars Battlefront 3.
These are models from characters and vehicles that already exist in BF2 and you can find them on Facepunch: https://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1505237

Now my question to you guys is: "How do we get all these polished and great models in BF2?" Is it possible? How should I go about doing this?
A few months ago the_legend released a mod that included some of these models and that looked and worked perfectly! (Props to you El_Fabricio).

I really want to make this happen , this could be an actual Battlefront 2.5 and a graphical improvement to BF2.

What do you guys think? Is it possible?
TheMastermindOfMaom
Private First Class
Projects :: None.
xbox live or psn: #PCMasterRace

Re: Someone has to import the NEW Battlefront 3 Models

Post by TheMastermindOfMaom »

It is possible,Anakin and El_Fabricio did it.

Also by putting *new* you give a signal to EAFront,which if you post a port here will get you banned.

Last thing,why is this in the modding section? No offense but it has nothing related to it. [Edit: Thanks for moving the posts. :D ]
Last edited by TheMastermindOfMaom on Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

DarthDio
Private Third Class
Projects :: 2D Artist for Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: StarWars Battlefront
xbox live or psn: none

Post by DarthDio »

TheMastermindOfMaom wrote:It is possible,Anakin and El_Fabricio did it.

Also by putting *new* you give a signal to EAFront,which if you post a port here will get you banned.
[Edit: Thanks for moving the posts. :D ]
Relax , I'm only talking about Free Radical's game not EA's. (Please don't ban me :cry: )
Sorry that I posted my thread in the wrong place I'm still new to all of this.

WOW Anakin! Kepp it up , proud of you!
Is there anything I could do to help you out with this task?
I did play as Boba and Solo in El_Fabricio's Map and it was awesome but i was thinking that maybe this could become a Full Conversion in the end that changes all character models , vehicles and maybe even the weapons!

I like to think that you have that in mind as well :eek:
TheMastermindOfMaom
Private First Class
Projects :: None.
xbox live or psn: #PCMasterRace

Post by TheMastermindOfMaom »

You put "new",that's why I said it.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

You can envelope the other models, make a better magma addon texture, or you can pm me and add the kung fu grip to the clones.
rkalo
Private Recruit
Projects :: Naboo Gungan Swamps

Post by rkalo »

idea: a "Coruscant streets" themed map. Since attack of the clones had scenes introducing Dex's Diner and the nightclubs/Zam Wessel foot chase, i think those locations are enough movie canon to base an original map on.
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith
Projects :: PS2+PSP Overhaul

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

rkalo wrote:idea: a "Coruscant streets" themed map. Since attack of the clones had scenes introducing Dex's Diner and the nightclubs/Zam Wessel foot chase, i think those locations are enough movie canon to base an original map on.
A map with that name has been made and it's pretty sweet! It's called Coruscant Streets by Rends, a user who also made several other awesome maps. :wink: