The MOD/MAP Idea thread

Talk and share anything related to Star Wars Battlefront 2. No maps or mod announcements here. Use Work in Progress forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Venator
Private Third Class
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 DICE SWBF
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: The MOD/MAP Idea thread

Post by Venator »

Is there a way to get the campaign(s) from SWBF1 into SWBF2? I'd love to see the rebel campaign on Endor, and the CIS assault on theed for this game !
CannonFodder
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Post by CannonFodder »

SWBF2' modding community is so old it would be very interesting to see some crossover mod, where , for example, different versions of different sides would be pit against each other.
It could work similar to the way mass effect unification's random race choosing works. You never know which combination you're going to get if you don't use the config file (System Alliance vs Heretic Geth\Collectors, Evolved Geth vs Collectors\Heretic Geth).

In a crossover mod there could be a range of sides like (of course, only the few interesting ones among these, so much less then I wrote):
- Republic Commandos (as in Republic Commando mod or as in Republic Commando maps by AQT),
- Clones (as in many clone wars mods),
- Starship Troopers,
- Umbarians (their tanks from that converted Sereja's Umbara Shadow Forest map are just gorgeous),
- Wookies or any aliens that one could think of,
- CIS (how depicted in the Republic Comando mod or in Pax Empiricae or somewhere else where the modder is fine with sharing the assets),
- Death Watch (as in Dev's side mod or as in Exile's Voyage),
- Empire (similar to Pax Empiricae or as in Dark Times),
- Rebels (similar to EA's battlefront mod or to Battlefront Project\Power mod),
- System Alliance (how depicted or similar to the MEU mod),
- Heretic Geth (MEU),
- Collectors and so on.
You could choose, who is going to fight whom in the config file that comes with the mod.
Of course there wouldn't be every single one of the mentioned sides. It wouldn't even need to be any of those. I just listed the one's that, I think, would be cool to see fight. This mod would basically be the Avengers of Star Wars Battlefront modding community.
Making it would really be all about cooperation or about finding finished and free sides and balancing them out. May be get it down to 4-5 classes for every race to make it easier to balance all of them or just embrace the imbalance and let it play as it is. Surprisingly some of these would be already well balanced against each other (like republic commandos vs system alliance).

What do you think about the idea of a crossover in general?
TheMastermindOfMaom
Private First Class
Projects :: None.
xbox live or psn: #PCMasterRace

Post by TheMastermindOfMaom »

This would take a long time if someone decided to do it. Plus you should say if it should be a map,an era mod or a sides mod. (the crossover thing).
MikeTheBeast55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: N.A.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF1 SWBF2 LOTR
xbox live or psn: MikeTheeBeast55

Post by MikeTheBeast55 »

I think CannonFodder may be referring to a map that when launched every time has a new variation of units for each team and it is done in both the Clone Wars and Galactic Civil War Eras. For example from his list, Republic Commandsos vs. Starship Troopers, then when launching the map up again you get Death Watch vs. Pax Empiricae Clones etc. This has been done on Star Wars Battlefront 1 with the Star Wars Battlefront 1 Museum map made by the community and the current mod map I am doing videos on called, "The Battle Royale." It would be nice to see this happen in Battlefront 2 but I am not sure if it has happened in the past or if it has been attempted multiple times but it would be a breakthrough to see that.
TheMastermindOfMaom
Private First Class

Can anyone make a mod where the HUD is like the new Battlefront's? Not just for a mod map,I mean for all the stock maps.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

Difficult. Because you have only the choosen primary and secondary weapon icon and not all of them. I haven't tried, but as far as i remember Marth said it is not possible to change the maps position. So it isn't possible to make it exactly like the new BF
TheMastermindOfMaom
Private First Class

Then you could make something close to BF's HUD.

Call it the ''Battlefront-inspired BF2 Hud Modification'' or something lol.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

Anakin wrote:I haven't tried, but as far as i remember Marth said it is not possible to change the maps position.
Well, *technically* that's only true if one utilizes your HUD overwriting method. If you're actually literally replacing the HUD's files, there shouldn't be any problem. Ugh, if only we had the proper files necessary to rebuild the stock ingame.lvl with 1.3 patch support included. :( The best part is utilizing source control would have prevented anything from being lost in the first place, haha, but whatever. What's done is done, rip. :(
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

Marth8880 wrote:
Anakin wrote:I haven't tried, but as far as i remember Marth said it is not possible to change the maps position.
Well, *technically* that's only true if one utilizes your HUD overwriting method. If you're actually literally replacing the HUD's files, there shouldn't be any problem. Ugh, if only we had the proper files necessary to rebuild the stock ingame.lvl with 1.3 patch support included. :( The best part is utilizing source control would have prevented anything from being lost in the first place, haha, but whatever. What's done is done, rip. :(
If you don't need to change any scripts I can extract the munged files. Then they just go in the right _BUILD folder as read-only. Worked for the Xbox mod.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

Venator wrote:Is there a way to get the campaign(s) from SWBF1 into SWBF2? I'd love to see the rebel campaign on Endor, and the CIS assault on theed for this game !
The campaign in SWBF was just Conquest with the restriction of having sides locked (though you did also have Trade Federation instead of CIS on Naboo)

If somebody brought it over, I'd like to see those missions with actual objectives (perhaps to make it more canonical).
TheMastermindOfMaom
Private First Class

A font mod for this game would be nice.

P.S The ultimate (pirate) pack had 5-6 fonts to choose from so no way modders can't make fonts.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

I actually have a set of sounds I'd like to use one day:
Hidden/Spoiler:
4 AT-AT foot sounds: technically, these (mostly) came from the new game, I did layer the SWBF2 walker footsteps over them. The sounds are layered inside each .wav file (walker fotstep, then mechanic). These are the ones I would feel most iffy about including given they do come from the recent game.
4 AT-ST foot sounds: these were taken from the Star Wars soundboards long ago, when they actually used to update them. The lift sound was taken from samples I lifted from the film channels.
Accurate AAT side cannons: taken from LEGO Star Wars III. The game instead uses a pitched-down Droideka shot because it was apparently 'less annoying'.
DL-44: There's so many places I've found this, but this particular sound effect came included with my new laptop (it's a Star Wars-themed HP laptop - you may have seen the ads for these - mine's the black Imperial themed one with the Kylo Ren desktop background)
AT-AT Chin Cannon: Not much of a mod, just removed the opening 'click'.
Accurate AT-AT Head Cannon: I truncated a sound I found in the ROTS game to recreate this effect.
AT-ST Chin Cannon: Another sound taken from my laptop.
AT-XT Chin Cannon: Taken from The Clone Wars game.
CIS E-1 Blaster: Taken from LEGO Star Wars III.
Super Battle Droid Wrist Blaster: Taken from the ROTS game.
Jango's Westar Blaster: Taken from LEGO Star Wars III.
Tri-Shot: Taken from SWBF: Renegade Squadron.
Electrostaff effects: finding decent effects for Electrostaffs is very difficult. So I pulled these direct from Episode III.
Accurate Gunship Ball Fire: Taken from Renegade Squadron.
Gunship Blaster Fire: I modified the AT-ST sound above to recreate this as it is heard in AOTC.
E-11 Blaster: Another sound found on my laptop.
EE-3 Blaster: Taken from LEGO Star Wars III
Explosive Blaster: Taken from Renegade Squadron.
Scout Pistol: I just slowed down the Probe Droid/SWBF LAAT cannon fire SFX and applied the effect from a tower cannon to it.
Kylo Ren's lightsaber: Another thing included on my laptop. I have on, off, loop, swings and saber throw sounds (Saber throw was edited from the various effects and it is far from perfect)
DC-15 Blaster: A sound recorded from the Soundbank and modified to resemble the sound as heard in AOTC and the ROTS game.
Sith Saber on and off: again included on my laptop.
STAP Cannon: Modified STAP cannon to make it akin to the TPM game STAP cannons.
T21 Blaster: Recreated by combining the SWBF LAAT Cannon, Droid Starfighter Torpedo and Cloud Car cannon SFX.
Tusken Cycler: Taken from the TPM video game
V-Wing cannon: Taken from Renegade Squadron.
TheMastermindOfMaom
Private First Class

You know what would be amazing...

Improved Sounds + Better Localizations + Evolved 2.0 (using the canned BF3 models from Corra_Ashu and maybe making new ones too)
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

And when do you start modding (y)our dream?? :lol:
TheMastermindOfMaom
Private First Class

I would do the localizations part,but it does not work for me at all. :/
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

Another mod idea I may do, if I finish my current SWBF mod, would be to create an enhanced version of it for SWBF2. But I don't think I could post it here as I have a Purge Trooper and it uses the Purge Trooper helmet ATM ripped from Star Wars Uprising (I originally had another Purge Trooper helmet I was using for my PH1 MEC Trooper, the one with the T-visor like a Phase 1 Clone Trooper, but I ditched it and used a Repulbic Commando head instead as it's more faithful to SWBF Elite Squadron)
MikeTheBeast55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: N.A.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF1 SWBF2 LOTR
xbox live or psn: MikeTheeBeast55

Post by MikeTheBeast55 »

I am wondering if someone will ever attempt a Lord of the Rings mod for Star Wars Battlefront. I have been a fan of the movies since I was about 6 years old. Maybe make a map pack with Minas Tirith, Osgiliath, Minas Morgul and The Black Gate. I know somebody made a Helms Deep map but there were no new units resembling the movie series.
Noobasaurus
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by Noobasaurus »

MikeTheBeast55 wrote:movies
What about the BOOKS?
TheMastermindOfMaom
Private First Class

I wish someone would make something in the lines of ''Free Camera Enhanced''.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

MikeTheBeast55 wrote:I am wondering if someone will ever attempt a Lord of the Rings mod for Star Wars Battlefront. I have been a fan of the movies since I was about 6 years old. Maybe make a map pack with Minas Tirith, Osgiliath, Minas Morgul and The Black Gate. I know somebody made a Helms Deep map but there were no new units resembling the movie series.
One making such a map pack would have to be very, very careful. Due to "Lord Of The Rings: Conquest", this is why no more Lord Of The Rings-based maps were ever made.