The MOD/MAP Idea thread

Talk and share anything related to Star Wars Battlefront 2. No maps or mod announcements here. Use Work in Progress forum.

Moderator: Moderators

YouJediJunkie
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Re: The MOD/MAP Idea thread

Post by YouJediJunkie »

Par3210 wrote:I am interested in making a mappack with someone - a big one - focused on changing all the stock maps to make them better, add more sides, tweak the campaigns to make them more challenging, and also tweak the ai level. A bit like +123, but with different (and I hope better) skins, weapons and other cool things. This could be done with lots of people - who would like to help me do this?
Drop me a PM if you want to help.
Not being rude, but...

What would YOU do for the project, more than "ideas" and "leading"? Such mods takes alot of work, and the leader can't just demand stuff from people. :music:
Par3210
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Par3210 »

i would do lua coding, buffing up the maps (such as adding extra fun objects like on +123), making sides, skinning, and other things if people helping asked me to help them. I really want to do this project. So I am going to do as much as I can for it.
And with the new people here at GT we can do a lot more than +123 (Not critizing the author of +123).
I'm planning to make the campaigns a lot harder. As people have found them quite easy in the past.
Every (yes, I said every, and I will not stop) map will be changed in some way. Whether it's adding custom units, or uber weapons, or changing the map.
Making sides is a thing I have been doing for a bit. So far I've made 3 sides. So it's going well. So I'm quite experienced there too.
Everyone is welcome to help (even the people who have just joined GT) because as they say, 1 is better than none. (If you get what I mean)
And yes this has been thought out. I am already starting on the first few maps (Mos Eisley, Felucia, Death Star). Anyone who wants to help can drop me a PM or tell me here if you want to help. I am very dedicated to make this project the best yet.
People helping:
Boltonbulls
Darklord_Jetstar
COMMANDER51
Fierfek (Not sure about Fierfek, Fierfek please confirm you are helping or not)

Yes, there's only a small amount of people at the moment, but with GT's help it can be lots more.
Super_Clone
High General
High General

Post by Super_Clone »

As the Mods (Since we are on a modding site, I mean the Admins) Always say, start small, get bigger. Look at the Gametoast hosted mods, There are only 4, Out of all the planned projects, most have just withered up and died, just saying..
Par3210
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Par3210 »

yeah, but I've already started now, and I'm going to try.
Nihillo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Nihillo »

Let him try. If he succeeds, it will be great; if he fails, at least he will learn something. Learn from your success, learn from your mistakes.
Par3210
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Par3210 »

Mmmhm. But you're not exactly helping are you.
Oh well, I'm still doing it anyway.
Edward_Cullen
Spam Alert! I post my opinions endlessly to start drama!
Location: Somewhere in a Dark Forest drinking a Mountain Lion's blood... I knew you needed to know that...

Post by Edward_Cullen »

Par3210 wrote:Mmmhm. But you're not exactly helping are you.
Oh well, I'm still doing it anyway.
Do as good as you can, Par3210. I know Fierfek took lots of time putting together his Spec Ops Mod, but that really good now. So do what you can, hope you succeed.

Has anyone here played the map: Hypori, Grevious Attacks? It's good, but doesn't work multiplayer. I think a map like that where you could be the clones would be cool... except the clones would have to be better than normal, 'cause or else it'd be virtually impossible with that many droids. Maybe the clones could be all Clone Commanders, or clone heros that have been made, like Captain Rex and RC 1138- Boss.
myers73
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by myers73 »

has anyone played LEGO star wars? I played it at my friends today, and i think that it has one of the best campaign stories of and star wars game. If anyone is interested i would want to work on a project to recreate it for BF2.
General_Nate
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: None because BFII is not working
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Post by General_Nate »

myers73 wrote:has anyone played LEGO star wars? I played it at my friends today, and i think that it has one of the best campaign stories of and star wars game. If anyone is interested i would want to work on a project to recreate it for BF2.
That would be hard. Especially making everything square. And how would you collect studs etc. You can try if you want, but it'll be hard. :stormie: :vader2: :stormie:
Par3210
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Par3210 »

i know exactly the person who could make the units round :P :P
Thunder, it's your time to shine! :wink:
myers73
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by myers73 »

General_Nate wrote:
myers73 wrote:has anyone played LEGO star wars? I played it at my friends today, and i think that it has one of the best campaign stories of and star wars game. If anyone is interested i would want to work on a project to recreate it for BF2.
That would be hard. Especially making everything square. And how would you collect studs etc. You can try if you want, but it'll be hard. :stormie: :vader2: :stormie:
making square props are a whole lot easier. and just leave out the money collecting. Just set the Mod up like galactic conquest, but have only one path the ship could follow. All that would be hard is to create custom props(which i can do) and the mission scripting, which i cant do.
CCO!
Lance Corporal

Post by CCO! »

How about a map on a high-end tech savy world, pretty far into the future (or rather, a short while ago). The average ratio of droids to humans is 3-1 Then a virus goes through the droids and they start killing the humans. That would be fun for a campaign. But it would require new sides. Anyone see some fruit from that idea?
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Designated Days + LFC + GT vs SWBFC
Games I'm Playing :: FO3 + FO New Vegas
xbox live or psn: Master Revan

Post by RevanSithLord »

War of the Worlds (2005) inspired hill battle.

Scripted gunships would be nice to emulate the Apaches flying overhead like in the film, releasing their payload on the almost seemingly impossible-to-defeat enemy. Shouldn't be too hard, I don't think. I could probably link a video to help out with how the area looks and how the battle goes if anyone's interested.
Darth Lampost
Private Recruit

Post by Darth Lampost »

^ That would be cool.

I don't know werether it would be possible, but it'd be cool to have something like a Helicopter from Call of Duty 4 when you get a certain amount of kills (Maybe 15) and then, automatically, a LA-AT or something similar, depending on faction, swoops down and kills a couple of people.
0Anonymous0
Private Third Class

An Interesting Idea....

Post by 0Anonymous0 »

I wasn't sure where to post this so I went here. I have an idea for a map that hasn't been done on filefront or gametoast. Someone should make a Korriban map. I have about a 30% intention of making it myself so if you want to work on it just post here. I your not sure about the idea heres a few pics:

If someone makes the map this would be a good location^

Fierfek
High General
High General
Location: Somewhere in the Galaxy (Most Likely Scrapping Tinnies)

Post by Fierfek »

Okay, who remembers Dann Boeing's Hypori Map?
I'm trying to make something like it, but instead of Jedi, there are Republic Commandos.
It is set on Geonosis. The Commandos spawn inside the spire from BF1, and tons of droids pour in from everywhere.
All of delta squad and omega squad (except fi - this is set while he is injured) are included. Boss is the hero.
GangsterJawa
Sith
Sith
Location: In the refrigerator, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw

Post by GangsterJawa »

elfie wrote:I was always thinking of, and actually might do, a map based on the American Revolution in the 1700's, or possibly one in the civil war or maybe even WWI. Either way, I already have a model for a cannon and I could possibly put together one of a Kentucky Long Rifle. Though then I would have to create all of the units with new skins....models...*shudders*. So yeah, if I were to ever do something like this I would have no problem with the new weapons, just the characters. And since there are no vehicles, the props and other models would be very simple.
For realism though, reloading would have to be ridiculously slow... but that does sound like a great idea.
Nihillo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Nihillo »

GangsterJawa wrote:For realism though, reloading would have to be ridiculously slow... but that does sound like a great idea.
Yes, but the player needs a melee attack of sorts.
GangsterJawa
Sith
Sith
Location: In the refrigerator, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw

Post by GangsterJawa »

Nihillo wrote:
GangsterJawa wrote:For realism though, reloading would have to be ridiculously slow... but that does sound like a great idea.
Yes, but the player needs a melee attack of sorts.
Yeah... could always have a knife I guess... bayonets would be awesome but animations would be hard, I would imagine.
Nova Hawk
Banned
Games I'm Playing :: MW3 BF3

Post by Nova Hawk »

masterfaa wrote:a mod:Equilibrium

just use this character
Hidden/Spoiler:
and fight some enemies like reskined imperial officers etc.

i dont mode but i would really like this mode
I would too, I just saw the movie. :) That would be awesome.