Battlefront 2 Music

Talk and share anything related to Star Wars Battlefront 2. No maps or mod announcements here. Use Work in Progress forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Isaac1138
Corporal
Corporal
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: BF1+2 stronghold
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Battlefront 2 Music

Post by Isaac1138 »

I was looking around, and to my surprise there are no custom made music for the Battlefront 2 login screen. If anyone can select a playlist of the best Star Wars songs that would be great!
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Re: Battlefront 2 Music

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

We don't really do custom music that much around here because of... questionable... copyright issues. If the song is already in the game, great. If it's another Star Wars song, we're already getting into grey area. If it's another song entirely, use at your own risk of a C&D.
Isaac1138
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Isaac1138 »

Twilight_Warrior wrote:We don't really do custom music that much around here because of... questionable... copyright issues. If the song is already in the game, great. If it's another Star Wars song, we're already getting into grey area. If it's another song entirely, use at your own risk of a C&D.
Then how come you can put your selected star wars music on your own mod/map?
ARC1778
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Projects :: WARFRONT + Various Mods for Other Games
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2+RC+RTW MTW NTW
xbox live or psn: AlexisVixie

Post by ARC1778 »

Twilight_Warrior wrote:We don't really do custom music that much around here because of... questionable... copyright issues. If the song is already in the game, great. If it's another Star Wars song, we're already getting into grey area. If it's another song entirely, use at your own risk of a C&D.
Well I'm rather hopping to add some to mine, all SW mostly from the clone wars, etc. Half of which they don't sell, and the other half I own.... BAR ONE:

IMPS, a fan made star wars yt thing which sadly wasn't all that good but better than most, did have some really really nice osp music.... :P
Isaac1138
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Isaac1138 »

yeah, I have All the star wars soundtrack on mp3, somehow I need to merge my selected songs and somehow convert it to a lvl file.
ARC1778
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by ARC1778 »

Isaac1138 wrote:yeah, I have All the star wars soundtrack on mp3, somehow I need to merge my selected songs and somehow convert it to a lvl file.

I now have a legal question for the Admins, if I can't add a certain song to my mod, can I give instructions to end users how and where to add it if they own it (No links to you tube or anything like that), to give them the full experience?
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

ARC1778 wrote:
Isaac1138 wrote:yeah, I have All the star wars soundtrack on mp3, somehow I need to merge my selected songs and somehow convert it to a lvl file.

I now have a legal question for the Admins, if I can't add a certain song to my mod, can I give instructions to end users how and where to add it if they own it (No links to you tube or anything like that), to give them the full experience?
Knock yourself out, but I can guarantee you 100% that you won't be able to write instructions on munging sound files that are clear enough for an end user. You're going to be asking all your users to be doing the finickiest possible part of SWBF2 modding; a part that's so potentially problematic that no one could even really do it for years, and even after then, tutorials get rewritten every year or so because everyone understands the process a little differently.
ARC1778
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by ARC1778 »

It would be an option for more experienced users, wasn't even planing on a tutorial just "if you're really clever and want to make your game sound better put track seven from TCW CD into this space instead of the stock music we used as a placeholder that still works okay", rather hoping will be able to use the music though, all SW, and anything longer than 30 seconds will have some VO over it, or blasters under it (hoping when those blasters sound can be randomized though.... Basically two VO tracks playing over each other, asked Teancum about it since he posted the CW rules.