The HELLO / GOODBYE topic

If your posts do not relate to Star Wars post them here. Link to other sites should also have some information, no spam/virus sites.

Remember to read the rules and NO FORUM GAMES.

Moderator: Moderators

major0spidey
Second Lance Corporal
Second Lance Corporal
Projects :: working on a better clone phase I model
Games I'm Playing :: SW battlefront
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: The HELLO / GOODBYE topic

Post by major0spidey »

I did notice there is a forum about modding,I'll check it soon(after I download the patch and dark times)
JimmyAngler
High General
High General
Projects :: Battlefront Halation
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF 1-2-2015
xbox live or psn: none

Post by JimmyAngler »

Goodbye Gametoast, I'll still lurk around, but school started and modding is taking the back burner for awhile.
Zapattack1234
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel
Projects :: The Wrecked Graveyard_Amongst the Ruins
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF 1 and 2
xbox live or psn: xbla:Rehmfire49

Post by Zapattack1234 »

JimmyAngler wrote:Goodbye Gametoast, I'll still lurk around, but school started and modding is taking the back burner for awhile.

Goodbye Jimmy! Good luck
major0spidey
Second Lance Corporal
Second Lance Corporal

Post by major0spidey »

well,I downloaded the patches,check.the mods,check.the maps,check.ah! goodbye gametoast!
Hidden/Spoiler:
kidding,I'll be leaving on friday for a 3 day vacation,and I'll leave my dog behind with my brother's friend :cry:.I come back,pick up the broken heartened dog,stay on gametoast,until 14,when school starts,I'll be there every weekend anyway!
zwyx1234
Lance Corporal
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 Insurgency

Post by zwyx1234 »

Hello gametoast, it's been a while since I posted here.

So, as Marth and probably Wulf too knows, I am a huge fan of Linux. I am much more involved in the Linux community than I am here, or with starwars modding.

That said, I had a discussion with Marth about whether to wipe my Windows drive or not. I decided at that time I would keep Windows around. However, my Windows computer got a nasty virus shortly after that dicussion. I couldnt do much of anything with my computer, and I tried everything short of reinstalling the OS. I couldnt use steam, and with school starting up soon I became a bit busy. What I ended up doing with my laptop was wiping the drive and putting Linux Mint 17 XFCE on it. I'm now using Linux as the only OS.

That said, I can no longer mod star wars. :( I have, however, learned a lot of valuable art skills and as such I have purchased a copy of Leadwerks game engine. It's an early birthday present. Leadwerks runs great in Linux, and I love it! For $100, its cheap in the world of software. I can still make my games, and take what I have learned and apply it to Leadwerks. :D

I have also started using Blender. I started doing some rendering of images and animation-ish stuff. Blender is fantastic. I dont know why I didnt bother using it in the first place.

All in all, I will be leaving, but I may check in from time to time. I learned a lot as part of my stay at gametoast, and I wish all other entusiast developers the best of luck in their game creation adventure!

Goodbye for now,
zwyx1234.
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Post by thelegend »

Hey all,
I will be offline for a week (5 days) because I am on a trip to Netherlands. So I can't answer any questions or can reply to messages. See all soon.
jedimoose32
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: Engineering Degree

Post by jedimoose32 »

Here's a classy and (un)fashionably late formal greeting to everyone!

As you can see next to my avatar, I first came to GT back in 2009 as an thick-skulled, obnoxious high school student with nothing to do but mess around with games and mods and the like. (I am not saying all high school students are obnoxious, just admitting that I was). I made a handful of mediocre maps over the course of a year or so, and didn't put much work into them. I dropped off the face of GT altogether from mid-2011 until just a few weeks ago.

Things have changed (I notice GT went back to just being a forum and ditched the big fancy "home" page), and I don't recognize most of the names and avatars that are around now but I know that the spirit of the community is alive and there's certainly something to be said for all of us who share our common interests here.

Anyway, I'm back and glad to be here, and I do have a BF2 modding project that is well underway. I graduated over 3 years ago now and have picked up some useful tips on modelling and scripting, and more importantly I like to think that I've developed a stronger work ethic and greater attention to detail that I hope will be evident in the quality of the content I produce.

This is getting very long-winded. I'll wrap it up.

(TL;DR: Hey guys, I'm back from the dead and working on BF2 stuff again!)
commanderawesome
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: Skin Changer - Warfront - Other stuff
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF SWTOR KotOR EaW
xbox live or psn: AaTc_CmdrAwesome

Post by commanderawesome »

Welcome back to Gametoast. We hope you enjoy your stay, because YOU'RE NOT ESCAPING THIS TIME!!!*

*Just Kidding
Zapattack1234
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel
Projects :: The Wrecked Graveyard_Amongst the Ruins
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF 1 and 2
xbox live or psn: xbla:Rehmfire49

Post by Zapattack1234 »

jedimoose32 wrote:Here's a classy and (un)fashionably late formal greeting to everyone!

As you can see next to my avatar, I first came to GT back in 2009 as an thick-skulled, obnoxious high school student with nothing to do but mess around with games and mods and the like. (I am not saying all high school students are obnoxious, just admitting that I was). I made a handful of mediocre maps over the course of a year or so, and didn't put much work into them. I dropped off the face of GT altogether from mid-2011 until just a few weeks ago.

Things have changed (I notice GT went back to just being a forum and ditched the big fancy "home" page), and I don't recognize most of the names and avatars that are around now but I know that the spirit of the community is alive and there's certainly something to be said for all of us who share our common interests here.

Anyway, I'm back and glad to be here, and I do have a BF2 modding project that is well underway. I graduated over 3 years ago now and have picked up some useful tips on modelling and scripting, and more importantly I like to think that I've developed a stronger work ethic and greater attention to detail that I hope will be evident in the quality of the content I produce.

This is getting very long-winded. I'll wrap it up.

(TL;DR: Hey guys, I'm back from the dead and working on BF2 stuff again!)
welcome back
kinetosimpetus
Imperial Systems Expert
Imperial Systems Expert
Projects :: A secret project
Games I'm Playing :: Warframe STO

Post by kinetosimpetus »

Yo. It's been a while.

Just thought I'd pop in and say I plan to program some modding tools in C#. (And maybe actually work on my mod too, who knows.)
commanderawesome
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: Skin Changer - Warfront - Other stuff
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF SWTOR KotOR EaW
xbox live or psn: AaTc_CmdrAwesome

Post by commanderawesome »

Sounds cool. Welcome back!
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

On Thursday, October 2nd, I left for Vancouver, Canada to move into school-sponsored student housing, and today was my first class at the Art Institute of Vancouver. For those of you who don't know, I'm attending school there to receive my diploma in Game Art & Design. It's ranked #8 in the Princeton Review's top 25 Game Design schools in North America (full list), and during most of the program's 18 months, I'll be significantly less active on Gametoast and Mod DB, which means I will be mostly inactive in modding as well. "What does this mean for Mass Effect: Unification though :000000000," asked no one? Well, it means I'll be handing the project over to THEWULFMAN (until I graduate) who will mostly just push updates consisting of primarily art updates as well as the occasional hotfix. In the meantime, I'll be in the process of being taught by industry professionals how to write design documents, design levels, properly manage a team, and so on.

It's been a fun ride. Keelah se'lai. (Heho, probably only like, maybe six of you will even get that reference...)
Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: The Sith Wars II

Post by Kingpin »

Marth8880 wrote:On Thursday, October 2nd, I left for Vancouver, Canada to move into school-sponsored student housing, and today was my first class at the Art Institute of Vancouver. For those of you who don't know, I'm attending school there to receive my diploma in Game Art & Design. It's ranked #8 in the Princeton Review's top 25 Game Design schools in North America (full list), and during most of the program's 18 months, I'll be significantly less active on Gametoast and Mod DB, which means I will be mostly inactive in modding as well. "What does this mean for Mass Effect: Unification though :000000000," asked no one? Well, it means I'll be handing the project over to THEWULFMAN (until I graduate) who will mostly just push updates consisting of primarily art updates as well as the occasional hotfix. In the meantime, I'll be in the process of being taught by industry professionals how to write design documents, design levels, properly manage a team, and so on.

It's been a fun ride. Keelah se'lai. (Heho, probably only like, maybe six of you will even get that reference...)
KHAAAAAAN!

Good sir, you will be remembered as a legend. A legend upon legends. Your groundbreaking work in sound, high-definition graphics and visuals, and most of all, your masterpiece mod to showcase all that, Mass Effect: Unification. You better stay around and check in here and there. It is great to see that you are using your phenomenal skills to pursue an extraordinary career. It will be a shame to see you, one of my modding heroes and fellow Game of Thrones fan, go away. Go give em hell, kid.
Also, you never finished that soundtrack :funny2:
jedimoose32
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: Engineering Degree

Post by jedimoose32 »

While our periods of being active on Gametoast haven't really overlapped at all, it's pretty obvious that you've been a huge part of the community over the past few years. Best of luck at school. :)
Noobasaurus
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by Noobasaurus »

Best wishes to you and your future endeavors.
major0spidey
Second Lance Corporal
Second Lance Corporal

Post by major0spidey »

ok first(yes first): NOT THEWULFMAN!!! I'm waiting for TCW mod of his!
second: good luck with your career! :thumbs:
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

major0spidey wrote:NOT THEWULFMAN!!! I'm waiting for TCW mod of his!
major0spidey
Second Lance Corporal
Second Lance Corporal

Post by major0spidey »

can't see the Image,not even in the site
from the url I thin you are saying the mod is delayed,IK that,but with more mods for you to work on the more time it will be delayed.that's what I mean.
*sigh* oh well, there's nothing I can do about it...maybe if I'm lucky the mod will be published next year :funny2: goood luck with the mod!
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Here's a different link for you, since for some reason you can't view it.

http://imgur.com/0LEPptV
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Post by thelegend »

Marth8880 wrote:On Thursday, October 2nd, I left for Vancouver, Canada to move into school-sponsored student housing, and today was my first class at the Art Institute of Vancouver. For those of you who don't know, I'm attending school there to receive my diploma in Game Art & Design. It's ranked #8 in the Princeton Review's top 25 Game Design schools in North America (full list), and during most of the program's 18 months, I'll be significantly less active on Gametoast and Mod DB, which means I will be mostly inactive in modding as well. "What does this mean for Mass Effect: Unification though :000000000," asked no one? Well, it means I'll be handing the project over to THEWULFMAN (until I graduate) who will mostly just push updates consisting of primarily art updates as well as the occasional hotfix. In the meantime, I'll be in the process of being taught by industry professionals how to write design documents, design levels, properly manage a team, and so on.

Well. I wish you a successfully experience there as a game designer. I hope we will see you here so often as possible. I wish you a good time there.