Unofficial Star Wars: Battlefront '1.25' update - ST Era

Post everything from general questions, to modding questions, to map WIPs to releases. (SWBF1 only)

Moderator: Moderators

giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Unofficial Star Wars: Battlefront '1.25' update - ST Era

Post by giftheck »

Unofficial Star Wars: Battlefront '1.25' update - "First Order-Resistance War"

I am happy to publicly announce a new mod that will serve as an 'unofficial expansion' to Star Wars: Battlefront.

For the first time, a new third era, the FIRST ORDER-RESISTANCE WAR era will be playable on all default non era-restricted maps, and two new maps will be added to the roster: CRAIT: ABANDONED OUTPOST and STARKILLER BASE: INTERIOR.

FEATURES:
-Play as the Resistance or First Order on existing maps (Bespin, Kashyyyk, Naboo, Rhen Var, Tatooine and Yavin IV).
-Two new maps: Crait: Abandoned Outpost and Starkiller Base: Interior.
-Pilot vehicles from the Sequel Trilogy era, such as the First Order's new AT-M6 and the Resistance's T-70 X-Wing.
-Get heroic assistance from Rey as the Resistance, or call on Kylo Ren to suppress your opponents as the First Order.

I have been working on this since the start of the Summer. At first it was going to be just an 'addition', but some changes had to be made to the base files in order to get certain things to work properly (like the First Order side icon). As that's the case, I decided to perform some minor updates to the stock sides as well, mainly in the vein of model and sound changes. There may also be some slight gameplay tweaks as well.

Sadly, at present, these changes come with a caveat: addon maps won't work with this update as they are, since maps will be loading assets in a different way. However, it is easy enough to get this working with addon maps since all that would have to be done is to insert a single line into the mission LUA.

More info in the coming months.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Unit setup:
Hidden/Spoiler:
FIRST ORDER
Stormtrooper: Blaster Rifle, Blaster Pistol, Thermal Detonators, Concussion Grenades
Assault Stormtrooper: Torpedo Launcher, Blaster Pistol, Thermal Detonators, Mines
First Order Pilot: Sonic Launcher, Blaster Pistol, Fusion Cutter, Dispenser Health/Ammo
Stormtrooper Sniper: Sniper Rifle, Blaster Pistol, Thermal Detonators, Recon Droid
Heavy Trooper: Heavy Blaster, Commando Pistol, Thermal Detonators

RESISTANCE
Resistance Soldier: Blaster Rifle, Blaster Pistol, Thermal Detonators, Concussion Grenades
Resistance Vanguard: Torpedo Launcher, Blaster Pistol, Thermal Detonators, Mines
Resistance Pilot: Burst Rifle, Blaster Pistol, Fusion Cutter, Dispenser Health/Ammo
Resistance Marksman: Sniper Rifle, Blaster Pistol, Thermal Detonators, Recon Droid
Resistance Jump Trooper: Light Blaster Rifle, Blaster Pistol, Thermal Detonators, Jump Pack
Special thanks go to Teancum and Dark_Phantom for helping me out with this.
Oceans14
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Projects :: Athenova Campaign
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Re: Unofficial Star Wars: Battlefront '1.25' update - ST Era

Post by Oceans14 »

This looks awesome, I'm excited for future updates!
MileHighGuy
Jedi
Jedi

Post by MileHighGuy »

Looks cool, keep fighting the good fight :thumbs:
Isaac1138
Corporal
Corporal
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: BF1+2 stronghold
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Isaac1138 »

Howd you add an era? I dont think its been done before so I thought its impossible.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

You need to edit the shell scripts, but it is doable. The only restriction is that it seems no more than 5 eras total can be added.